Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Closed Beta Invites Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The MechWarrior Online team has announced that the first round of closed beta invites have been sent out and that potential testers should run to their inboxes.

If you have been selected for Closed Beta invites will be arriving via e-mail soon.  If you haven’t already signed up visit http://mwomercs.com/profile to apply.  There have been changes to the Closed Beta application: Please update your beta profile.  Profiles with higher levels of completion will be considered first.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

The MechWarrior Online team has announced that the first round of closed beta invites have been sent out and that potential testers should run to their inboxes.

If you have been selected for Closed Beta invites will be arriving via e-mail soon.  If you haven’t already signed up visit http://mwomercs.com/profile to apply.  There have been changes to the Closed Beta application: Please update your beta profile.  Profiles with higher levels of completion will be considered first.

Noooooooo! My inbox is empty Q___Q!!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Can't WAIT - Bart Scott

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Oh heck yes.

Definitely updating my Beta status >D

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262

I played all the original MMO's that came out before UO and EQ. NWN on AOL, Shadows of Yserbius... and Multi Player Battletech. God that game was just amazing! No game got strategy and tactics better. It's sad when I find more enjoyment out of old out of date games built on out of date graphics and technology. If that doesn't say something about the state of the gaming industry I just don't know what will. I am so excited for this game. In many many many ways it's going to play ALOT like Multi Player Battletech. It'll be like playing one of the original MMO's. I just can't wait. This game can't come soon enough. 

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• AdmiralWolverineAdmiralWolverine Member UncommonPosts: 29

Playing Mech runs in my family! :D Hopefully i will get an invite to my fav childhood game^^.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

I cannot wait for this game to be released, the videos so far look amazing and I have such great nostalgic memories of Mechwarrior :D

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Member UncommonPosts: 82

signed up as Orimura Ichika... xD

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

their profile thing is extensive. they ask alot of interesting questions. rather impressed it seems they actually want testers not just joe blow. so they get a thumbs up from me on that atleast going by their signup part. 

be interesting how this game runs. from what i have seen it looks like it will be a tad like WoT in that its going to be a mini battle "lobby"  kinda funny they actually ask if you played WoT :P

• thefinnthefinn Member Posts: 46

I'd be more interested if you could play infantry in this as well ?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

If you didn't get an email you can check your account on the web page.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

LMAO after reading the survey while doing it, i'm tempted to drop this like a hot rock:

"How much money do you expect to pay?" HUH? lol how can u awnser this without knowing the quality/type of gameplay, or anything else? Its not something you go into with a plan without knowing anything about it.

Also the survey refuses to accept that I haven't played any mechwarrior games in the past, and won't let me advance until I've said 'yes' to all the questions and picked one of the games on the list, for the questions related to previous mechwarrior games. Also find this amusing.

But it will be intresting, be stepping into territory I haven't touched(Althoug I suspect mechwarrior gameplay would be similar to ace online yet restricted to the ground?)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I updated my account to a beta one. I look forward to blasting each and every one of you while giggling maniacally to myself. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

LMAO after reading the survey while doing it, i'm tempted to drop this like a hot rock:

"How much money do you expect to pay?" HUH? lol how can u awnser this without knowing the quality/type of gameplay, or anything else? Its not something you go into with a plan without knowing anything about it.

Also the survey refuses to accept that I haven't played any mechwarrior games in the past, and won't let me advance until I've said 'yes' to all the questions and picked one of the games on the list, for the questions related to previous mechwarrior games. Also find this amusing.

But it will be intresting, be stepping into territory I haven't touched(Althoug I suspect mechwarrior gameplay would be similar to ace online yet restricted to the ground?)

how have you not tried atleast 1 MW?  there is the MW: merc for free to download as well most people looking at MW:O  have some experiance with the past games, much like D3 is related to D1-D2 and WoW is related to WC ect.. 

but i do agree with you the money questions bothered me, i simply rated i would pay if i found it was needed.  which is true f2p games always require you to "sub" to some extent but meh STO and WoT i have never needed to "sub" anything to it to get to a fair level :P

as for the ace online.. hard to say  there is a slight differance between asian mecha and mechwarrior least from the games i have played.

you should try and score your self a copy of MW:merc so you can get a slight feel of the game they are trying to emulate, it is freeware

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Banegrivm

I played all the original MMO's that came out before UO and EQ. NWN on AOL, Shadows of Yserbius... and Multi Player Battletech. God that game was just amazing! No game got strategy and tactics better. It's sad when I find more enjoyment out of old out of date games built on out of date graphics and technology. If that doesn't say something about the state of the gaming industry I just don't know what will. I am so excited for this game. In many many many ways it's going to play ALOT like Multi Player Battletech. It'll be like playing one of the original MMO's. I just can't wait. This game can't come soon enough. 

Nah, it only says something about you grandpa  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

FOREVER PENDING!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf"How much money do you expect to pay?" HUH? lol how can u awnser this without knowing the quality/type of gameplay, or anything else? Its not something you go into with a plan without knowing anything about it

Very simple... If you are the kind of player that actually pay in F2P games or are you the kind of person who don't.. then answer accordingly.

Any way with my usual luck  i will be waiting a long time for my invite

This have been a good conversation

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    In answer to the "How much would you pay?" question I just chose "Whatever it takes to get what I want". This is the best answer as it doesn't obligate you as "Whatever it takes" could be absolutely nothing. This answer also doesn't imply that you plan to be a freeloader either. I'm not saying I won't buy stuff if it turns out to be a good game but they will have to prove to me two very important things first.

1. That the game is a quality product that will be around for the long haul.
    2. That the game isn't "Pay to Win" with over powered weapons or perks you can only get by using the Item Shop.

Once I'm convinced of these two things I will gladly pay for some stuff to help support the game.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

All the closed beta invites have been sent out already. 

"Posted Today, 07:05 AM

Check your e-mail, check your profile if you haven't already.

Things are going very well so far. Lots of good feedback from the fresh meat new users. We're going to watch these new players for a few days, see how the servers react, and then begin inviting more players if everything goes well. "

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• Sourd420Sourd420 Member Posts: 63

HEL Ashitaka was my Call tag for. Mechwarrior 4 vengence and all the expansions for it... i was once Ranked #1 on the mircosoft Ladder for a while for these games.. Then it was a smurf account called aka B.O.B aka Borgs other BItch. and if any of u guys are Phalanix WTF up dude!!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf"How much money do you expect to pay?" HUH? lol how can u awnser this without knowing the quality/type of gameplay, or anything else? Its not something you go into with a plan without knowing anything about it

Very simple... If you are the kind of player that actually pay in F2P games or are you the kind of person who don't.. then answer accordingly.

Any way with my usual luck  i will be waiting a long time for my invite

Exactly, I dont understand why people were flustered or confused by this question, they gave ample responses for various budgets (including nothing) or even 'As much as I need to get what I want' which is a pretty open response for 'I dont know, depends on what you are selling'.