Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Focus Group Update# 8 a first real look at tindrem

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
Hello Folks

A brief update this week as we are still focusing on AI in general and AI Vs AI balance.

We get the latest build later today which will implement Nodes! S

Testing over the weekend

-AI and Nodes
-AI in combat crossing Node-Lines
- Weapon balancing across all exisiting weapon types.

Much more detail in next week's FG Update - as we'll have Nodes in be able to show you a little more than we can right now.

However, another week of solid progress. SV have committed to the Board that we will fully polish this build before going live - so as Henrik said in IRC chat last night - this is a big release for us and the community - so please bear with us as we continue to work on this truly game-changing release.

Here's some screenshots of Tindrem, on the Test Server, is it fully finished and populated? No. Is it looking amazing... yes! Enjoy!

[IMG]

Remember this isn't fully populated.. but gives a feel as to how it will be on Live

[IMG]

[IMG]

And another..

[IMG]

That's all for now

Thanks!

Theiahttp://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-8-tindrem-screen-shots.75393/

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

OMG! It's amazing.  At one point Henrik said you could play the entire game in Tindrem and never have to leave.  After seeing how large Tindremis with these screenshots I can see why.  

It may be the largest  MMORPG city ever.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by username509

OMG! It's amazing.  At one point Henrik said you could play the entire game in Tindrem and never have to leave.  After seeing how large Tindremis with these screenshots I can see why.  

dont think it will be the largest but certainly looks big and feasable that players could potential live hteir entire MO life inside its walls. They did mention possibly a low security district with either low level guards or no guards at all but im not sure if that will get implemented. also an area with high level of sophistication needed to enter.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Is.......is that sarcasm?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Anyone looking at the water and going WTF, fugly.

One of the devs said that they're redoing the water in the game, which is why it looks the way it does, which is it doesn't look like the live server water and is quite ugly.   They weren't happy with what they had so they removed it on the test server to rework it,and in the meantime testers get to swim around in the worlds ugly water graphic.

Anyways.  I'm going to check MO out again when this is completed and released.  I hope that Henrik keeps his word and only releases it when it's fully finished and polished up.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Really though Tindrem looks massive in terms of land it occupies and the amount of playable serface area.  I don't remember IronForge being this big.  Keep in mind the size of a player when looking at these pictures.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by Uhwop

Anyone looking at the water and going WTF, fugly.

One of the devs said that they're redoing the water in the game, which is why it looks the way it does, which is it doesn't look like the live server water and is quite ugly.   They weren't happy with what they had so they removed it on the test server to rework it,and in the meantime testers get to swim around in the worlds ugly water graphic.

Anyways.  I'm going to check MO out again when this is completed and released.  I hope that Henrik keeps his word and only releases it when it's fully finished and polished up.

i think the biggest issue is the water doesnt match the sky, possibly some form of cubemapping on the water surface to add a sort of reflection of the skybox would make for a more  realistic looking ocean? or they righten up the skybox to make it look like a warmer climate that would feasibly have such a blue ocean.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I also think I will give Mortal a go once this Awakening expansion (?) is released, seems like it may give the game a new lease on life if they are capable of eliminating the bugs that have been mentioned throughout the 2 years on these forums.

Will be an interesting few weeks whenever they decide to release it.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Is.......is that sarcasm?

No. This.. is.. MO FAN!

Really though Tindrem looks massive in terms of land it occupies and the amount of playable serface area.  I don't remember IronForge being this big.  Keep in mind the size of a player when looking at these pictures.  

Does MO really needs defense that deperately that you have to compare every single feature of it to other games (and failing at it)? You can't compare city of a game with hundred servers to a city of a game with one server. WoW have simply no need for big cities, nor do I think MO does. So what's the point, showoff? Making something that huge just for sake of making it huge is bad design, not a feature (unless we are talking some badass monuments, statues, ect).

• Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

Ill be extremely surprised if they make the city actually feel alive. Ill also be surprised if they make the city run even satisfactory on anything less than high end PCs, considering Fabernum / Meduli are horrendous for many.

Also, that water needs to go. Looks awful

well in the recent video

does seem like they made the towns feel abit more alvie with npcs actually fighting back and walking back to their position along with the patrolling guards. Maybe they will add patrolling npcs also like civilians. But fabernum on live runs like shit for me, so im praying that the 64bit client is going to improve performance alot otherwise i doubt i will be even able to go to tindrem

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by deathshroud

does seem like they made the towns feel abit more alvie with npcs actually fighting back and walking back to their position along with the patrolling guards. Maybe they will add patrolling npcs also like civilians. But fabernum on live runs like shit for me, so im praying that the 64bit client is going to improve performance alot otherwise i doubt i will be even able to go to tindrem

I found it pretty unrealistic that the robed vendor decided to go hand-to-hand with a guy in scale armor with a greatsword.  That's my idea of 'stupid' AI.

I would have been impressed, however, if the vendor ran like hell into the town shrieking for help.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by psykobilly

I found it pretty unrealistic that the robed vendor decided to go hand-to-hand with a guy in scale armor with a greatsword.  That's my idea of 'stupid' AI.

I would have been impressed, however, if the vendor ran like hell into the town shrieking for help.

...that's kinda good point there.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by psykobilly

Maybe he was a golden gloves boxer before he was an equerry.