Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes: Amenadresh Returns!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes has been steadily gaining momentum over the past several months. We managed to catch up with Carrie Gouskos to talk about all the changes including the new map and hero that arrive next Wednesday. Keep reading!

MMORPG.com: What about the new hero? Can you spill some details on him/her/it?

Carrie Gouskos: Amenadresh the Steward was briefly available in the closed beta, and we’re very glad to see him back. He’s a Liche Priest that can both curse the opposing team and bless/heal his own. He’s one of the more interesting heroes (I think) and brings another healer-type back into the mix, which I know a lot of people have been looking forward to.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Wrath of Heroes: Catching Up with Carrie Gouskos.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Instead of investing in warhammer they are spinning this and trying to make some money from a cash shop.  SHAME on them.

Warhammer the should have could have would have. Sad panda /sign.

• sentry13sentry13 Member Posts: 115

completley agree, shameful

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

What a shameful thing to do. Honestly, put more money into fixing Warhammer Online than this trash.

What some companies won't do to save face. Simply appologize for your failure, and promise to turn the game around while at the same time putting money into it. 

OR

Shut it down, and start over with a new direction (ie: The way WARHAMMER should have been, and not a WoW-Driven copycat).

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• TitanGripTitanGrip Member UncommonPosts: 5

5-button-spam game with little potential. Lobby design stolen 100% from League of Legends and cash shop that already starts on the opening days of beta.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Warhammer has no future guys. There are new mmorpgs coming. Ppl wont go back, even if it goes f2p.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

I think you guys are thinking of the mmo warhammer that was years back. This is a totally different game. Currently in beta i believe and will be f2p when it comes out. 

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

paul barnet went on record saying warhammer online is boring and wrath of heroes is more fun, in his own eloquent way....This is the same paul barnet that said warhammer online is amazing. what a douchebag that guy is.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Carrie Gouskos destroyed what left of WAR I see her reward is to get to destroy another game.

This is why TOR is losing subs as well, ppl responsible for bad design stay in company but poor coders and other guys who just did what was told to them get fired....

EA devils !!!

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by Grotar89

Carrie Gouskos destroted what left of WAR I see her reward is to get to destroy another game.

This is why TOR is losing subs as well, ppl responsible for bad design stay in company but poor coders and other guys who just did what was told to them get fired....

EA devils !!!

When nothing is left to code or the work load is low coders get cut.  That is life.

Originally posted by Istavaan

paul barnet went on record saying warhammer online is boring and wrath of heroes in more fun, in his own eloquent way....This is the same paul barnet that said warhammer online is amazing. what a douchebag that guy is.

Wrath of Heroes gets rid of 'all the boring crap' of WAR

why did they sell us boring crap in the first place?

All the talent get the sack and losers with no talent like paul barnet and carrie gouskos get to keep their jobs.

Originally posted by Ausare

Carrie Gouskos destroted what left of WAR I see her reward is to get to destroy another game.

EA devils !!!

When nothing is left to code or the work load is low coders get cut.  That is life.

Sure but then ppl who ruined game should get cut too, not give them other projects to destroy..

the fans of warhammer online were telling mythic to go with three factions way back in alpha, but mythic didn't listen because all they could think about was how can we get wow players to play our game. Now they are going with a three faction system in this f2p game...what a bloody insult.

I could see paul barnet trying to sell life insurance at a funeral..what a sleazeball!

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80

Wrath of Heroes is awful.

I've had beta since the beginning and i played 1 game.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by Ausare

EA devils !!!

Sure but then ppl who ruined game should get cut too, not give them other projects to destroy..

not denying that, but playing the poor coders card that people like to do is a red herring.  They would be cut if the game was successful or not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Istavaan

paul barnet went on record saying warhammer online is boring and wrath of heroes in more fun, in his own eloquent way....This is the same paul barnet that said warhammer online is amazing. what a douchebag that guy is.

Wrath of Heroes gets rid of 'all the boring crap' of WAR

why did they sell us boring crap in the first place?

The boring crap makes it an mmorpg. It's nothing more than a PvP arena game and has nothing to do with an rpg in any form other than there are some buttons to mash and people to konk on the head! It can be fun, but I would rather just do the regular Warhammer Age of Reckoning and join the endless free trial,  play up to level 10, and  then do the constant PvP there.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75

Played this game. It wasn't fun and I don't think it can be fun. I like the Warhammer IP and I loved DAoC so I really was hopeful for WAR, but this crappy spinoff  just isn't "fun".

• DreyderDreyder Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

What a shameful thing to do. Honestly, put more money into fixing Warhammer Online than this trash.

So what exactly needs fixing in WAR?

As far as I'm concerned... Warhammer Age of Reckoning is the greatest game that nobody plays. The game is fixed. It might have taken 2 years for them to do it but the game has been awesome for about 2 years now.

The game tourists moved on 1 month after release... never even got a grasp as to the true nature of the game... and hardcore fans have capitulated as the population dropped on the final last 4 servers.

Wrath of Heroes is not for everyone... it's not for me.

But it's not like they can make WAR appealing to the lot that hangs around these forums so why bother?

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

I have been telling them since day one of beta that they need to take the ideas and characters here and put them in the real game. I will admit thoughgame is much more stable and team balanced than that turd of a game called Warhammer online.

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

Wrath of Heros has serious issues regardless if you are upset they are not making warhammer online better. It has issues as an arena game. They only have 12 heros you can play if you own them all or rent them which is a far cry from League of Legends. The biggest issue is that the pricing is too high for people who want to pay with real money. Elite tactics bought from Ornate chests  seperate the best teams from the good teams. When playing a game in which more than one team is using good team work, the team with certain elite tactics will win.  Having to spend 200 gems on a random 1/15 chance of getting 1  of the 4 amazing elite tactics is beyond fusterating. I dont want to spend 60 dollars just to  get 5 chances at randomly geting a good elitre tactic and thats 60 dollars before you buy any heros.  They bascially made the game cost way too much time or way too much money.   You can rent heroes but they are weaker versions of owned heroes because you cant equip masteries or tactics.   They should have  operated the game where they would make less money on each person but make it up with total sales becasue the current pricing scheme is turning away new players.   The game  population has been on a solid decline for weeks. 

• RemillienRemillien Member Posts: 3

I cant beleive a compagnie like this wasting time in that kind of crap. Lemon price of the year!

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

EA can't even make a proper MOBA, no wonder they having so much trouble with MMOs.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • RaevanhawkRaevanhawk Member Posts: 86

Installed game...played  a few matches.  Uninstalled game. Should of put more money into WAR.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Steadily gaining momentum? No, far from it in fact.

It has been steadily losing any momentum it had due to the development staff ignoring direct player feedback, suggestions and concerns. They implement changes that are detrimental to the game as a whole, refuse to bring back specific heroes that are requested time and time again, and don't even get me started on the elite traits fiasco.

The game has one of the smallest communities ever, and it degrades further with each passing day.

I was a supporter since day one, but after the last few months I refuse to support this train wreck any further.