Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Working to make TSW the most graphically advanced MMO ever."

Nvidia Funcom Partnership.

http://www.funcom.com/news/funcom_partners_with_nvidia_to_bring_the_secret_world_graphics_to_the_next

This plus an attention to detail makes a beautiful game. 

Comments

• ChopsticksChopsticks Member Posts: 120

I think this thread has a more accurate title and it was first... 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

LOL, they have a long way to go.  Anyways I would have thought they learned with AoC the bad of having a high end graphics MMO.  Requiring your consumers to have a high performance rig only shirnks your consumer base and really is bad buisness practice not to mention all the endless techical problems one encounters that AoC had.  People have a smooth running decently appealing game not some high quality game that results in numerous headaches.

On a side note it really is the artits that brings things to life not your technology.  They need to take note of GW2 if they are going down that route.

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

They should start by firing their art director. The faces in characater creation are horrendous.

Originally posted by Ambros123

LOL, they have a long way to go.  Anyways I would have thought they learned with AoC the bad of having a high end graphics MMO.  Requiring your consumers to have a high performance rig only shirnks your consumer base and really is bad buisness practice not to mention all the endless techical problems one encounters that AoC had.  People have a smooth running decently appealing game not some high quality game that results in numerous headaches.

On a side note it really is the artits that brings things to life not your technology.  They need to take note of GW2 if they are going down that route.

This is the thing, The beta client is damn well optimized. My 5 year Dual core pc runs DX11 plus full tesselation at 40-50 fps. I couldn't ask for more. Matter of fact I'm holding off on my upgrade. I think working so closly with nvidia for so long made this possible. Hell swtor I couldn't break 20 during combat. 

Originally posted by JuJutsu

They should start by firing their art director. The faces in characater creation are horrendous.

haha they chicks are pretty ugly, but I get it. It's a dark ugly world. The super models are already dead.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by JuJutsu

I'm hoping the character creation is greatly expanded by launch. (Not holding my breath, though.) I think more visual options would at least help to a degree, even if you dislike the art style. That said, I didn't really have a problem with the art direction of the character graphics. I simply felt like the dearth of customization options was a massive disappointment for a game without levels and clothing without inherent stats.

I've played MMOs where I disliked the character aesthetics more. I'd give examples, but the subjectivity of this topic is sure to bring a rain of fire down on me if I do, heh.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I find the world in TSW to be very well done.

The characters need work, but the setting is beautiful.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Environment and big ass monster wise they ate already there. Player characters need work though, less plastic skin and better animations especially that awful jump
    It's a lot more AMD friendly than Aoc, I'm getting nice 50fps using high on hd monitor with my decidedly mid range 6870
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ambros123

Their only looking for 490k subscribers. Im sure that market share could be comprised of people with decent to high end systems.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

so sad they making this game whit toons of graphic and it will not last long ;/ another fail game , not troll just being realistic the genre is not new and isee few video and meh company dont know what new things to do

Err system requirements are on a par with gw2. Tsw uses your video a bit more. Gw2 uses your processesor a lot more. I get higher FPS in tsw beta than gw2 beta.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Environment and big ass monster wise they ate already there. Player characters need work though, less plastic skin and better animations especially that awful jump

Animations and character creation screen are placeholders.

The "plastic skin" thing however won't go away. its a conscious design decision and part of world design in most of Ragnar Tornquist developed games like Dreamfall.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON