Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Air Combat on a Massive Scale

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has released a new trailer showing off what they are calling "air combat on a massive scale" for PlanetSide 2. They have released a brand new trailer with plenty of in-game footage. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Wow that looked awesome. I really hope they let air fights last a little while. I'm so excited for all these new games coming out I wish I could play them all
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Nostalgic yet so excited to get my hands on this puppy.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

If this is anywere close to being as good as the first ( and im sure it will be even better) than  Best game ever made!

Although i wont like not being able to fly the skeeto anymore =(

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

That looks pretty awesome :)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah....

I'll play that.

I wish SOE had given Star Wars this kind of trimmings.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

That looks so incredibly bad ass. This game is looking more and more like the MMO I've been looking for. 

I missed out on the first Planetside because of a personal boycott of SOE, I think it's been long enough.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Excellent, exactly the same as the original, the same scale and the same nail biting funtasticness. The less they change the more looking forward to it I will be. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

With a sky full of targets like that, I'm getting nostalgic for my Bofors gun from WWII-Online, lol

Hope the AAA in PS2 is going to be fun :D

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The proper day night cycle is a move addition though.

Plus the new bases look bloody huge even bigger than the original.

Think ps2 will be a sleeper hit, its going to get original planetside and daoc fans, its going to get people who want sonething more meaningful than WvW, its going to bring fps fans into mmos, as these guys are used to larger scale battles now (although nothing like the scale of planetside) and might want to take a step up to a fully persistent world if pvp.

Original planetside was way ahead of its time and the internet structure of the day.

Now seems a great time to launch a game like planetside, with people having better internet, fps market being stale for 5 years and mmo being stale for 8 (save gw2 & tsw this year)
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Can't wait, but I want to play the Vanu!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Rockin'.

Ride of the Valkyries always tickles my heroic gland. Can't be arsed that Hitler would wholeheartedly agree with that.

If I have to nit pick: that cockpit view is AWESOME to have, just do something about those blue floodlights from the dashboard interface. Yuck. Make them glow softly green or something.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

This game looks SUPER interesting, especially since my fps friends are getting interested image

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Rockin'.

Ride of the Valkyries always tickles my heroic gland. Can't be arsed that Hitler would wholeheartedly agree with that.

If I have to nit pick: that cockpit view is AWESOME to have, just do something about those blue floodlights from the dashboard interface. Yuck. Make them glow softly green or something.

One of the vehicle customization options I hear is the ability to alter your lighting. So this may be possible already!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Rockin'.

One of the vehicle customization options I hear is the ability to alter your lighting. So this may be possible already!

Srsly?

... sweet.

This game is looking better and better. Futuristic, massive pvp, nice graphics and gameplay uber alles.

I hope the devs manage to sneak in as much sandbox as possible.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Scumbag Barney

Meh we will hav eot think of new names most the kids this time around wont have clue who Barney is.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Take my money!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

oh wow that looked really impressive!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by LordRelic

If this is anywere close to being as good as the first ( and im sure it will be even better) than  Best game ever made!

Although i wont like not being able to fly the skeeto anymore =(

I agree, have been waiting on this one for a while now. I'm glad they will have joystick compatiblility too, will make flying so much funner.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

The Jump to Lightspeed expansion of Star Wars: Galaxies was Epic! And was largely untouched by the infamous NGE update that followed!

So no suprise here that they got Air Combat right in this game too!

Looks amazing! Really looking forward to this game to be honest. :-)

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Here;s to a quick release! 

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

The cool people play TR. Although I guess I need some NC and VS to kill :) I can t wait for this game, almost as much if not more then GW2.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I used to be a mosquito and a reaver pilot in the first game, mosquito being my favorite. Can't wait to give it a spin in PS2.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I don't remember hearing either way, but please oh please let the Galaxy still be a thing.

I loved being a taxi cab.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

Holy shit! I can't wait for PS2.

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

Lovely, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what part of the game I should jump into to get the most excitement and action. Seems whether on foot, land vehicle or air there is some fun to be had.  

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.