Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new forum software lol

psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

So you may have noticed the new forum software.

I heard they didn't pay the bill for the old software license, forgot about it, and had to switch over to a new software at the last minute when the old license expired.

Funny because, not too long ago they spent a lot of time revamping the forum look to something pretty decent and all that work is up in smoke.   Oh Henrik.

Regardless of what happened... new forum looks like shit.

Comments

• TacanTacan Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by psykobilly

So you may have noticed the new forum software.

I heard they didn't pay the bill for the old software license, forgot about it, and had to switch over to a new software at the last minute when the old license expired.

Funny because, not too long ago they spent a lot of time revamping the forum look to something pretty decent and all that work is up in smoke.   Oh Henrik.

Regardless of what happened... new forum looks like shit.

I like new forum

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Lets make up stories and then pass them off as fact shall we? For example, I hear psykobilly never killed another player and got PK'd every day which is why he's on these forums complaining about MO. See what I did there?

I also like the new forums, at least in Legacy mode.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i like the legacy forums, but needs abit more work to make it perfect. Originally i didnt like it when they first switched over but they fixed alot of the issues i had with it in the first few days.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Ah nice i like the new style options they have added..

Hopefully the will improve the styles a bit but i see nothing wrong with them..

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by ltank

Lets make up stories and then pass them off as fact shall we? For example, I hear psykobilly never killed another player and got PK'd every day which is why he's on these forums complaining about MO. See what I did there?

I also like the new forums, at least in Legacy mode.

That's also what I hear over Mortal Onlines teamspeak, however he quit playing Mortal so long ago I can't remember exactly what he played like.  

Anyways OPs story is rediculous.  You don't switch from one paid forum software to another paid forum software because "they didn't pay the bill for the old software license,"  After 5 minutes of use you get used to the new forum and end up prefering it over the old one.  I like how SV keeps things fresh.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

think billy was one of the few aq members that didnt quit.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I don't want to speculate about reasons for the change, but the new forum software does cost lot less than vBulletin they were using before, that's a fact.

also seems to be easier for them to use with more features that can be implemented.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Well the game has so many issues that i couldnt care less for the forums. Tbh i m not an expert on things like that but i dont mind at all for new forum even though i prefer the old ones just for the looks.