Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 6.3 Million and Rising

12346»

Comments

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by Vutar

More interesting would be to see the number of people who continued playing it after the first hour of play. Everyone I know except one person uninstalled the game very quickly. The one guy who kept playing it is a diehard diablo fan who was still playing D2 on and off before D3's release.

I don't believe you for a second.

If random guy on the internet doesn't believe me then I must be lying.

And you are not a random guy? what makes you so epcial that we should believe you?

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Yuui

Bought reviews have been factually proven by more than one incident.

Blizz fanbois and apologists also have a factual evidence of existing. 

The fact that D3 was not made by same developer team is also not something the general public knows or ha da way of knowing, as proven by both their reactions to Torchlight and comments on Diablo 3.

Please try to argue over the obvious truth that D3 is biggest target of gold sellers and hackers in last few years. Please do. The Account Hacking incident this week that was a huge fiasco on Blizz's part just reinforces it. 

The last point is pretty much supported by marketing theory.

So yeah. Facts.

D3 is pure fun. Fact. :)

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

i had writen this really cool paragraph describing my monk but shitty firefox crashed on me im so switching to chrome -__-

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Some of the most fun and addicting experience I've had in awhile.  Just hit 60 tonight and I can't wait to mess around with more builds and gear combinations on my Witch Doctor.  Great game.  I never played D1 or D2 so hack and slash is a little new to me but I must say, D3 has got a lot going for it.  Its super casual, but has super hardcore elements as well.  It doesn't require long gaming sessions.  Its easy to jump in and play with people that are different levels. 

Also, its so fun to theorycraft.  Seriously.  Everybody I talk to loves the fact that you can change your abilities at any time.  I think its fantastic.  One moment I will be soloing and need a strong CC/kite build and the next moment I'll be with some friends and can switch to a super strongmnuking/aoe build.  Awesome.  Can't wait to see whats in store for pvp.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Puremallace

Next step sub fee for content patches

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but:

With the exception of PvP, there will not be any content patches at all for D3. Only balancing and bug fixes. There's a Blizzard comment about this on the EU D3 forums. Sorry, too lazy to dig up a link now, but search for yourself if you need proof.

• Dreamysher28Dreamysher28 Member UncommonPosts: 3

6.3 mil? thats more players than WoW....lol

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Yuui
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Crazy numbers and I didn't even buy it yet.

I wonder what Diablo 4 will do when it launches in 2036.

Chances are, with how much Blizzard has fallen and how far away from its roots Diablocraft 3 is, that Diablo 4 will be just a facebook game or console-only fps. 

Diablo 4 will be out in 10 years. By that time, you will either just be having kids or buying Depends.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Dreamysher28

6.3 mil? thats more players than WoW....lol

How many COPIES of WoW have sold over it's lifetime? A few more than 6.3 million i'll wager.

Remember, WoW numbers are ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS, D3 has no subs fee so it's impossible to know how many people are actually playing form the info provided, be careful comparing apples and oranges.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I wasn't immediately sold...even though the game was part of my WoW annual pass. As I've put more time into the game, I have come to appreciate it for what it is. It's Diablo 2 on steroids and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Blizzard had to likely make some tough decisions. Stick with the D2 formula and have the gaming community rip them a new one for playing it safe and not being innovative or changing the game enough after 1.2 decades. Or make so many radical changes that the Diablo purists were storming the Blizzard gates. They were fanned either way. Twelve years is a long wait and both anticipation and expectations were very high. I do not envy Blizzard for having to live up to either of them. It's a good game, a great escape and a nice change from the typical MMO fare. Not gonna lie, the always online DRM of the whole thingy is kinda...meh. Latency on a single player game? What? That aside, it doesn't completely take away from another fine addition to the Diablo family. Well worth the 60 bucks and the ridiculous sales...to date.
  • zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Meant to say "damned" either way. Darn autocorrect.
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

hype for ever...

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Coolit

It's really no surprise considering they gave a free copy away with a wow subscription if you signed up for 12 months gametime.

My fiends still play wow and were saying just the other night on vent that most of the people on their in-game friends list are playing Diablo as in 90% of them. I'd be interested to see the wow figures over the same period as I expect most of them will have migrated from wow to diablo and will stay there until MOP launches.

Actually, the 6.3 numbers DO NOT include WoW Annual Pass (1.2 million more) or the people in Asian territories playing it via cafes. Insane, I know.

@Nadia - On the right track, but read the press release again. That 6.3 is JUST people who bought it through traditional means. I mean, holy CRAP. Even analysts undershot this one's pull. It's no wonder the servers crapped out.

Wow... that's not even taking into account the internet cafes?!?  I'd love to know how many more players that would account for, on top of the 6.3 million.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Looks like all the doomsayers here didn't try hard enough.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Looks like all the doomsayers here didn't try hard enough.

I get the feeling a lot of them had no intention of playing it beyond the limited "Skeleton King" beta anyway.