Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 is easy...errr wait...no it's not..errr yes it is..wait..noo...

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Is it too easy?  Yes.

Is it not easy?  Yes.

How can it be both easy and not easy? Yes.

That above statement made no sense.  Yes.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. Yes.

-----------------------

Playing through normal difficulty, I found the game way too easy.  I could literally not even look at the computer and hold left click and win, any fight.  Boss fights were incredibly easy, solo, or with a full group (of the huge number of 4).

Then nightmare came.  First act?  This is easy I thought...until I came to those damn unique mobs.  Those suckers are harder than any boss in the entire game.  Putting out lasers that go in circles, have life-drain ground AOE-s and all sorts of other stuff.  I have seen more people die to these Unique mobs than any boss encounter.  (OK, I will admit I am only up to act 2 in nightmare.)

I am very happy by this increase in difficulty, as it being so easy turned me off.  I thought to myself, (Great this is so wowified that I can look away from the computer and still win without any chance of dieing).

However, the game is still very easy at other times.  The boss battles are entirely way way way way way way way too easy.  Did I say they are way to easy?  Perhaps they get more difficult in nightmare, but my experience with the act 1 boss on nightmare made me yawn.  All the sub-bosses made me yawn.

Uniques much?  I get so many uniques I don't even look at some of them anymore.  They instantly become sold to the vendor because I have enough blacksmithing mats that I could make anything I want 10x over.  I need gold, not crappy uniques.

I am still enjoying the game...at times.  When it is difficult, I play more.  When I start playing and nothing is challenging, then I quit playing.

Personally, the game feels watered down, with the coolest aspects being the torture equipment in the various dungeons that can be activated.  Also, the fact that you can destroy the same equipment is pretty cool.

Beyond that, I feel the game is catered to a crowd who wants their hand held still.  Sure it can get difficult, which I like...but no more town portal scrolls? no more identify scrolls?  I havee more potions than I could ever use and find myself dropping stacks because i get so many new better ones that there is no need to hold onto the old ones.

I do not see how a real world auction house could work for anything.  I have yet to see a green, the one legendary item I got sucked so much that I sold it to a vendor.

Perhaps more will come later on in nightmare or hell, but right now, I still feel the game is too easy, save from those blasted unique mobs and their crazy abilities.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

They intended to make elite mobs the farmable mobs, but I agree they overdid it with the difficulty spike on them. Bosses should be more threatening even if they do not drop the best loot, simply because they're bosses and it's a lore/Diablo thing, bosses are a big deal. Normal mobs shouldn't bore anyone to tears, either.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Diablo 3 is more difficult than any MMO I have played. Normal is a walk in the park, Nightmare starts to get a bit tricky and by the end of Nightmare the difficulty has ramped up quite a bit. But then comes Hell and all Hell breaks loose. The elites one shot you, have a lot more modifiers. Arcane sentries + walls kill most classes in a matter of seconds even barbs. There are so many nasty combinations. I am not even going to talk about Inferno. 

And if you really want to push it further, play hardcore. Hardcore in D3 is the way it was meant to be played. D2 was easy mode. You can esc and save and exit instantly. You could tp to town instantly. Now both of these have a 10 sec wait and tps are instantly interrupted by any damage. This means that if you get stukc in a bad situation, you either run away really fast and hope you manage to get away or you DIE!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

I'm only on Nightmare, but some of the combination with the unique/elite packs are pretty challenging. Plague and Vampiric took me a while, till I noticed that it was because of my follower (silly Templar, doesn't know he shouldn't stand in green pools...it's like raiding all over again, with the difference that he doesn't blame me). That aside, the boss battles aren't that hard. Though they'll have their own mechanics, which is more then I can say from crap such as Duriel or something. They're hard, granted, but not because you needed (I don't like to use this word here, but here we go) 'skill', but because of what they did. Duriel for example, slowed you the whole time, could possibly freeze you and did a charge all the time. In general it was just a kiting match there.

In Diablo 3 I feel good when I defeat a boss, not because it was super hard, but because I understood the mechanics and used that knowledge to defeat the encounter. The hard fights are with the unique/elite packs. Not only because their abilities are random, but also because the location is random. A few times i was dancing with some Fast Elite's, when I could one back off into another room. That happened to contain some angry goatman, who proceeded to eat my face off. That stuff doesn't happen in bossfights.

I'm going for Hell mode for now and if that's a bit doable, with just normal gear, then I'm going for Hardcore mode. I can hardly wait!

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Nightmare and normal, you can one shot any non boss mobs with decent items...  Primary bosses are a joke, compared to rare bosses.

Hell is not hard at all, it is all about items, and then you get 4 defensive skills on your num slots and it is a cake walk, unless you encounter some ridiculous arcane ench jailer frozen boss, it is easy. Same goes for inferno as well, if you have decent items it is not hard at all, and items i am talking about cost  of 400k total.

If you are dying a lot in hell mode (you shouldnt die at NM and normal), you are doing something wrong with your builf and items.

This is the real difficulty conversion:

Normal : Beginner

Nightmare : Very Easy

Hell : Easy

Inferno : Medium

This is not me bashing anything, i think that way and all of my friends think of it like this..

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Diablo 3 is more difficult than any MMO I have played. Normal is a walk in the park, Nightmare starts to get a bit tricky and by the end of Nightmare the difficulty has ramped up quite a bit. But then comes Hell and all Hell breaks loose. The elites one shot you, have a lot more modifiers. Arcane sentries + walls kill most classes in a matter of seconds even barbs. There are so many nasty combinations. I am not even going to talk about Inferno. 

And if you really want to push it further, play hardcore. Hardcore in D3 is the way it was meant to be played. D2 was easy mode. You can esc and save and exit instantly. You could tp to town instantly. Now both of these have a 10 sec wait and tps are instantly interrupted by any damage. This means that if you get stukc in a bad situation, you either run away really fast and hope you manage to get away or you DIE!

Yup-I've died allot! Can't escape!

• DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Butregenyo

This is not me bashing anything, i think that way and all of my friends think of it like this..

Really? Even in Hardcore mode?

The game is easy if death costs you nothing, but try Hardcore and I doubt you would even enter Inferno.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117
    Originally posted by DukeTyrion

The game is easy if death costs you nothing, but try Hardcore and I doubt you would even enter Inferno.

Hardcore doesn't add difficulty, it just makes the player more cautious of when to charge and when to run so they won't die.

• DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Tirinas
    Originally posted by DukeTyrion

Hardcore doesn't add difficulty, it just makes the player more cautious of when to charge and when to run so they won't die.

Playing normal mode, a player can kill half a pack, die, go back and kill the other half a pack ... rinse and repeat until they get through ... how is that not easier then having one and only one shot at each area?

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

When talking about the difficulty of DB 3 in comparison to other games, like WoW for example, it should be done on a like for like basis IMHO.

Normally in WoW and similar games, when soloing you are normally a few levels higher then the mobs you are fighting. Whereas in DB3, due to the linear nature of the game, you finish Normal mode and jump straight into Nightmare. You are either lower level then the mobs you then encounter or the same level. If you were 4 levels higher then things would not be such a challenage.

In WoW Tanks are normally a few levels higher in parties to ensure adequate survivalability, and of course their gear is, or should be good. I would imagine the same applies here.

After finishing Act 4 Normal Mode go back and level up a bit and that will make the next run through easier. When you finally get to Inferno ensure that you have the best gear you can get from Hell mode.

In Wow if I took a lvl 56 char and attempted to do Burning Crusades , which has lvl 58 NPC it will be tough, same here..............

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Nightmare and normal, you can one shot any non boss mobs with decent items...  Primary bosses are a joke, compared to rare bosses.

Hell is not hard at all, it is all about items, and then you get 4 defensive skills on your num slots and it is a cake walk, unless you encounter some ridiculous arcane ench jailer frozen boss, it is easy. Same goes for inferno as well, if you have decent items it is not hard at all, and items i am talking about cost  of 400k total.

If you are dying a lot in hell mode (you shouldnt die at NM and normal), you are doing something wrong with your builf and items.

yeah well......we cant all be as l33t as you and your l33t friends now can we??

claiming inferno is medium is just fail imho.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483
    Originally posted by oubers

Yea maybe you cannot be.. i am sorry for you. and i thought i was an avarage d3 player. 

Dying doesnt punish you except hardcore, and you there is no learning curve like Dark Souls do. so it is not difficult. Increased numbers or solely gear check not difficulty

Btw i didnt say anything about hardcore, but it is not for everyone.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Yeah....

you all play Wizards, Im sure :). Go blow that hot air somewhere else -.-.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by oubers

Yea maybe you cannot be.. i am sorry for you. and i thought i was an avarage d3 player. 

Dying doesnt punish you except hardcore, and you there is no learning curve like Dark Souls do. so it is not difficult. Increased numbers or solely gear check not difficulty

Btw i didnt say anything about hardcore, but it is not for everyone.

hey dont be sorry for me m8...i still alot of game left for my 60 bucks.....i should feel sorry for you for not having any more interesting content left in D3.

Good luck in your search for a game that realy challenges your l33t skills m8.

btw: neither did i say anything about HC...

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

lmao inerno is medium to you? I call bs. Unless you provide me with your battle.net and I can check your achievements and gear myself I will not believe that. Even if I did see all of your achievements I still would have a hard time believing its "normal" for you unless I played with you and you destroyed everything.

I've played for countless hours, played with many people. People can barely stand up to hell much less inferno. There is no gear check in inferno because the gear could only get you past, maybe, the first act if you were armed to the teeth.

It is all about planning abilities and using them in combination.

But, basically, proof or I don't believe your claims. 

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The thing is that the difficulty in this game is entirely gear dependant, which is what Diablo is all about.

You can outgear/outlevel all of the content in some way or another.

I'll say this though, heading straight into Inferno after hell without overgearing it is quite challenging. However, it's just a matter of farming up the right gear for it.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    The thing is that the difficulty in this game is entirely gear dependant, which is what Diablo is all about.

You can outgear/outlevel all of the content in some way or another.

I'll say this though, heading straight into Inferno after hell without overgearing it is quite challenging. However, it's just a matter of farming up the right gear for it.

I hope you are right, so far i have heard only stories about people having a very rough time (mildly put) even in bought inferno act4 gear in act 2...

Lazy development is lazy :)

Flame on!

:)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Just out of curiousity, how far have you got into Diablo 3? I seriously doubt you finished Inferno?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

It really depends on the class you are playing and your build for that class. All the range classes have it pretty easy all the way to the end. Now Barbs on the other hand is just a pain to play.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

Honestly, after having watched quite a bit of inferno streams I don't like the challenge with the health orb system. It's all about gear, until you get enough gear to be able to tank elite packs with nasty mods it's tough, once you can tank them it's not tough. I like challenges that are overcome by playing well, not challenges where gear is the only solution.

The way to beat inferno is to grind enough gear to be able to take on nasty packs, not so much playing well to beat them.

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

It really depends on the class you are playing and your build for that class. All the range classes have it pretty easy all the way to the end. Now Barbs on the other hand is just a pain to play.

Guess Ill have to see if it changes as I get into the higher difficulties, but Im finding Monk is retardedly OP / EZ mode in comparison to either DH or Wiz that I have tried. Maybe its my build or something, but everything so far on the monk going through normal and part way into nightmare has been a walk in the park.

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by Nightverge

lmao inerno is medium to you? I call bs. Unless you provide me with your battle.net and I can check your achievements and gear myself I will not believe that. Even if I did see all of your achievements I still would have a hard time believing its "normal" for you unless I played with you and you destroyed everything.

I've played for countless hours, played with many people. People can barely stand up to hell much less inferno. There is no gear check in inferno because the gear could only get you past, maybe, the first act if you were armed to the teeth.

It is all about planning abilities and using them in combination.

But, basically, proof or I don't believe your claims. 

He prob bought gear from auction house before hell and inferno(if), and played solo for stuff is easy. Play 4player on em all. and less buying ur way.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Since you're so well endowed you should consider a job in pornography.

• speedymcmanspeedymcman Member UncommonPosts: 24

Rares one shotting you in Inferno isn't considered medium to me...

The difficulty in Inferno is way harder than anything in Diablo 2.

Edit: Not the difficulty, but the fact that no matter how much defense you want to stack up you're still going to get one shotted no matter what.

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Foncl

Honestly, after having watched quite a bit of inferno streams I don't like the challenge with the health orb system. It's all about gear, until you get enough gear to be able to tank elite packs with nasty mods it's tough, once you can tank them it's not tough. I like challenges that are overcome by playing well, not challenges where gear is the only solution.

The way to beat inferno is to grind enough gear to be able to take on nasty packs, not so much playing well to beat them.

It, in fact, has nothing to do with gear if you've played inferno or later hell at all. There is no gear you can get that will allow you to tank inferno. Its literally impossible. That's no exageration.

It is all about playing well. Dodging attacks, using abilities in tandum, planning ahead, etc. None of it is a gear check at all. The gear is the invitation to even get in the door. Any success after admittance is all about abilities and skill.

I believe you could ask anyone who's played inferno and they would tell you the same thing.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Easy? Not Easy?

Irrelevant. It's a lot of fun!