Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guild Wars 2: Stress Test!

2»

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Portland, ORPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon

Game ran great on my 4 year-old rig.  Had far better performance than most released titles. 

• DawnstarDawnstar Pleasant Hill, CAPosts: 207Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alandar

There's suppose to be a weekend event this month, but we havn't heard anything from arena.net.

Not likely, it seems.  They posted on their FB page and the tone of the msg hinted at no BWE this coming weekend.

• grimfallgrimfall Missouri City, TXPosts: 1,155Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by darker70

Strange i have a lowly I5 somewhat clocked,and a Rad 5770 4GIG,Win7 64bit so not exactly ninja specs,but so far i've had no lag and no real FPS drops even on virtually full settings pretty much perfect on the first Beta and noticeably better on the last, and np with loading screens either in fact the games performance surpassed all my expectaions,only problem i had was logging in on the first few hours of beta1 as the server was hammered i guess.

So, now it's better than perfect?

I was getting 2000 FPS in a RvRvR wth 4000 players fighting.

Seems a little late in the development cycle to not start integrating GPU support.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,474Member Uncommon

For a game in beta it was fine. For a released game I would have been upset with the proformance I got. Lag, crash to desktops, could not get into my personal story I was stuck at 95% on my load screen, some of the dynamic events were not working right. Still had fun but I will say the stress test ran better then BWE1.

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon

I could only play for a few hours and had only one problem.I had a character in the mysts i couldnt access. Frankly I had a problem wanting to play. This game is meant to be played slowly.I found it difficult to think I was doing anything meaningful in three hours of play time.

• EisdracheEisdrache DortmundPosts: 41Member

I had some issues (Black screen on login, buddeg Charr Quest) and bad performance, but overall it was worth the time!

• CanisLupusXCanisLupusX BremenPosts: 14Member Common

Hey thats what Beta weekends and stress tests are for - to find all the bugs and problems that may occur on specific computers. Because most likely the ANet guys tested most things internally but they dont have the diversity of different machines the community has. So if they test it on win7 and win7/64 machines they still dont know anything about crashes on vista/64 machines... My hint would be: make more beta weekends to iron out every bit of crash and to make game well-performing.

2»