Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: 6.3 Million and Rising

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Despite the negativity you hear about RMAH and how it's not D2, D3, as a game, is FUN.

And at the end of the day, that's really what matters when you're looking to be entertained.

Also, if anyone cares, I haven't been hacked or know anyone who has (though I'm no IT expert).

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I guess I'm the only one not really surprised.  How many franchises still have a game made 12 years ago on store shelves?

Exactly.

I do think the range classes have it easier, my melee's are constantly getting killed.

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I guess I'm the only one not really surprised.  How many franchises still have a game made 12 years ago on store shelves?

Exactly.

I do think the range classes have it easier, my melee's are constantly getting killed.

Really? Im finding the range classes kind of gimped compared to a monk. Monk seems to be super easy mode most of the time with a little bit of Life on Hit. Blew through normal difficulty on it without having to so much as use a potion even vs the bosses, and the bosses only took like 10-15 seconds to kill (aside from their "Immune" moments when summoning more mobs, etc). I try going back to my DH or Wiz and I just feel so gimped. Downside is, this whole easy mode thing with the monk pretty much requires just spamming 1 skill the ENTIRE game, wether it be vs tough mobs/bosses or large groups, its just as effective.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Crazy numbers and I didn't even buy it yet.

I wonder what Diablo 4 will do when it launches in 2036.

Break PC game sales records maybe?

• zezen666zezen666 Member Posts: 1

Double edge sword really. It shows that PC gaming is far from dead to developers, but it also shows you can get away with always online DRM. I fear that most publishers will on take on board the latter and apply it to more poor console ports...

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856
    Originally posted by zezen666

Double edge sword really. It shows that PC gaming is far from dead to developers, but it also shows you can get away with always online DRM. I fear that most publishers will on take on board the latter and apply it to more poor console ports...

Gamers are idiots. It has already happened and the sheep following along are allowing it. Incoming Skyrim online....oh wait.....incoming Mechwarrior online.....oh wait

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

just goes to show that people respect blizzards approach to making games. Quality > Quantity any day. 

They may not be the greatest graphics, but the quality of their games is like no other developer. I'm glad the game is doing well and that I was part of the 6.3 million. 

Proof once again that good games will do well in this market. 

• MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Member UncommonPosts: 82

this game scores pretty bad on amazon reviews... hehehe...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by MoeMoeKyun

this game scores pretty bad on amazon reviews... hehehe...

Ya, those reviews are kinda like Metacritic, full of emotion rather than objectivity. Not being able to play a game you paid for will do that, though.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I am having a lot fo fun with D3 dispite its HUGE faults. I love just being able to jump in a MP game and get killing instantly. Sooooo much better then wasting my life WAITING to play in an MMO.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Well done, I must say..

Next up mists, so everyone that can tests make it a point of duty to test a least once a week.. Lol

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Otherwise from those that knew this game was coming out..

TV commercials also helped alot, since a week before launch to even right this day, I see the TV commercials minimum 3 times a day, now compare that to game like crysis, where you hardly see much TV commercials and you see why some game sells like crazy..
  • archer75archer75 Member UncommonPosts: 157

I really don't get it.  I beta tested the game for months and just don't see the appeal.  It's a glorified clickfest on rails.  

Clearly i'm in the minority on this. 

Tribes 2 is back!!!! http://www.tribesnext.com/
    And from the makers of tribes: Fallen Empire: Legions http://www.instantaction.com/

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by archer75

I really don't get it.  I beta tested the game for months and just don't see the appeal.  It's a glorified clickfest on rails.  

Clearly i'm in the minority on this. 

Obviously, you do see the appeal.............

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by dronfwar

ahh pffffffff

FarmVille Surpasses 80 Million Users

Farmville doesn't cost $60.

• jrworden1976jrworden1976 Member UncommonPosts: 26

...... Well atleast Blizzard PR didn't screw it up like Disney pooched John Carter. Anyway good for Blizzard. I hope those who play are having a good time. I unfortunately have really no interest in playing nor any incentive to buy. Most of the people who have purchased that I know have been bitching about the UI and window changes. Most have stated is a clone of D2 with better graphics. But whatever I could care less

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Biggest launch crash ever. I have an account but won't be using it. Makes a nice statistic for Blizzard though, congratulations to them.

• jmoreejmoree Member Posts: 30

2036 pfhhh, not sure where you get your info from... I hear it's 2066. (That was sarcasm)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by I_Return
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by I_Return

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

shadowbane was one of the worst reviewed games in mainstream media. yet it was the greatest game ever made.

just saying.

There are many fans of d2 who are finding d3 to be garbage.

And there are just as many who think it's the bees knees.

Your point being what?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

more people think shadowbane sucks than diablo 3, and that is saying something.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Damn... here you see you stupid beta haters !

Game is awsame , cant wait till work is over and I can play again !!!!

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

wonderful. this is a clear signal to other game makers that it's okay to make their games require being online because whatever crap they shovel at us, we'll eat.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Puremallace
    Originally posted by Chrome1980
    Originally posted by Scalebane

"Diablo 3 becomes fastest-selling PC game ever Sells 3.5 million copies in its first 24 hours of availability"   thought it was gonna fail from reading all the topics around here lmao.

Hahaha...don't take these forums seriously. people love to hate Blizzard here. They have been gunning for WOW to fail for 5 years now. Diablo 3 was going to be a huge success, there was never a doubt in my mind.

I book marked this to rub it into face of all the haters.

Can I bookmark your comment when Blizzard starts chrarging you a monthly fee for a single player game?

and I am going to bookmark your comment for everytime I need a laugh.  Its an online game and I have not played a single second alone, just saying...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"