Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dying Allods

13»

Comments

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one way of earning Gpots is grinding surveys and opening yourself up to an atrocious amount of advertising.

It is another way (possibly horrendously time consuming) of earning cash without denting your wallet.  At the end of the day though the game is still dying and Gpotato is still an Anti Midas company that turns everything it touches to S*@t.  The upcoming update is elitist and caters to the minority and it is still massively pay2win.

Hell, it must be getting pretty bad as the EU forum is taking issue with anything that mentions population or even hints at it.  The temp ban hammer must be playing whack a mole at the mo.

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98
    Dude, you spend a lot of time on here bad mouthing them for someone who has said recently that you don't about the game or what gPotato do any more . Move on if you don't like it :P
  • B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by comrademario

Dude, you spend a lot of time on here bad mouthing them for someone who has said recently that you don't about the game or what gPotato do any more . Move on if you don't like it :P

Meh.  Your probably right.  It just irks that another great game seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs. :(

Do you know one thing I love about Allods apart from the usual? Female characters wear armour.  Actual armour.  It really bugged me after a while that in other games a bikini top and a thong had the same protection as full plate.  It sort of........didn't scan.  Looked good if the graphics were up to par but just didn't fit if you know what I mean.  Plus if they could wear that kind of kit and have good protection why couldnt my barb run around in a thong :P

I also love the Astral, the ships, the character variation that can be built through stats and rubies and runes, the atmosphere, the character graphics etc etc.

I guess thats why it is hard not to be cheesed off with the way its going. :(

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by B1mble

Originally posted by comrademario

Meh.  Your probably right.  It just irks that another great game seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs. :(

Do you know one thing I love about Allods apart from the usual? Female characters wear armour.  Actual armour.  It really bugged me after a while that in other games a bikini top and a thong had the same protection as full plate.  It sort of........didn't scan.  Looked good if the graphics were up to par but just didn't fit if you know what I mean.  Plus if they could wear that kind of kit and have good protection why couldnt my barb run around in a thong :P

I also love the Astral, the ships, the character variation that can be built through stats and rubies and runes, the atmosphere, the character graphics etc etc.

I guess thats why it is hard not to be cheesed off with the way its going. :(

It seems like your reaching to prove your point. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

What eventually drove me away from Allods (and the Arisen... still a pity. They were one of the visually most interesting races in the MMO landscape) was my inability to grasp the attribute-system. Some people tried to explain it to me but I couldn't make sense of any of it.

A game that depends largely on the bigger number but fails to show or explain how these numbers work together and against each other can't hold me for long. I don't like playing games that make me feel stupid. °_O

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Indrome

What eventually drove me away from Allods (and the Arisen... still a pity. They were one of the visually most interesting races in the MMO landscape) was my inability to grasp the attribute-system. Some people tried to explain it to me but I couldn't make sense of any of it.

A game that depends largely on the bigger number but fails to show or explain how these numbers work together and against each other can't hold me for long. I don't like playing games that make me feel stupid. °_O

Was it a long time ago that you played? The tips from the stats seem to actually mean something now, it should be rather self explanatory, no matter what class you play. The stats have been simplified a lot too, mainly for easier balancing.

imageimage
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Aye, t'was a long time ago. Can't even remember the basis of my falling out with that particular system so well anymore. ... Meh, times past.

But thanks for the info. Might check it out again if I ever feel the urge to see the Arisen again.

• Kykyryz-aKykyryz-a Member Posts: 113

Allods was a great game  i start it as Beta on EU  and was one of the first 40lvl priests on russian servers.  But game can be as great  as fun as you can imaging  but if publishers or developer starting to treat gamers like money bags its always end for any game.   for some time  5th stage of "how it called"   was optional and only gave you +hp   but   runes from very beggining were game breakers  as for 13th lvl you needed like for new house. and playing with affordable 4-5 lvl runes  was just painfull not saying you was  instantly owned by some "epic" gamers with 9-10lvl punes no matter how skill you was.  it was first time i left game after they added debuff on every death and just before they introdused first raid dungeon. after a year or so i tried to return to game yes they added some nice  things redone  5th stage of "" and now it was pure   Pay us 200$ a month if you want to stay in game.  it was absolutelly  Must to uprgade to 5th lvl ""  as healer  and cost around 300$.  ok done it forgot as game acctually was fun.  and sudenlly runes became a problem also  as  you want like 6-7lvl at least and only way to get them in game is to farm 24/7  not kind of my definition of fun sadly :( .   MOnthly actions to open boxes to get extra +1-4 abbility  or equal insanly disbalansing items.  all just accelerated  end for the game :(  and "toilet" riders  on their  insanly  Over powered "mounts".    Astral was so much fun  Ship navigating  +1  i really loved it  not even 100day  ship building time  stoped me.   by the time  46lvl was introdused in game and  around 600$ total spending for maybe top of 6 monthg playing   it was   Real end of game for me at least.   Great game insanly poor presentation by greed monsters :(

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

It is games industries. At this point people will try to fill their bags before they close, so this is not something new I see. From my experiance in F2P games, all end up the same. It is like a long version of a demo game unless you pay to keep up leveling and so. The only issue that bother me is you need cash shop items to do a stable damage, and that completely inblance the game from it is roots to it is top branch. When I see such game doing so I have no more fun there, because money will make you own not skills and gear. maybe runes for some is not a big deal but once u test it in real game you will see, that this particular item can boost your class by 50% maybe less or more depends on how much runes u equip on each of the 6 peices. And this is completely funny and in time you will feel bored. It is just a matter of time until this game shut and closed. The new patch explain the whole disaster which they going to merge the 2 servers to be one and thats a sign of low populated game just like requiem if anybody playing or played it before. requiem is a perfect example just like allods.

anyway I will have to wait until these piles of shit gone from the face of internet and new ones comes or if these franchises gets republised again.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by newbihack

It is games industries. At this point people will try to fill their bags before they close, so this is not something new I see. From my experiance in F2P games, all end up the same. It is like a long version of a demo game unless you pay to keep up leveling and so. The only issue that bother me is you need cash shop items to do a stable damage, and that completely inblance the game from it is roots to it is top branch. When I see such game doing so I have no more fun there, because money will make you own not skills and gear. maybe runes for some is not a big deal but once u test it in real game you will see, that this particular item can boost your class by 50% maybe less or more depends on how much runes u equip on each of the 6 peices. And this is completely funny and in time you will feel bored. It is just a matter of time until this game shut and closed. The new patch explain the whole disaster which they going to merge the 2 servers to be one and thats a sign of low populated game just like requiem if anybody playing or played it before. requiem is a perfect example just like allods.

anyway I will have to wait until these piles of shit gone from the face of internet and new ones comes or if these franchises gets republised again.

I think what hurt Allods was the lack of content they provided. The newer MMO were offering something different and people went that direction. The Grind type games you see in Wow, Allods, and Everquest are the thing of the past. I would hate to see this game go  away cuz its better than Wow and is a good game to play. People who play  f2p mmo have the biggest misconception of this game being free. It is to a point but it cost to run this game. The joy of this game is there is no monthly fee you would have to pay each month. Now if you played this game and  you didnt like it you would be out so much money or if you couldnt logg in you would be on the phone for hours or days triying to contact customer support. I been through that havign played ffxi for year. Youre the consumer and its your choice on what you want to spend on this game each month not Gpotato.

Edgar F Greenwood

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by huskerman34
    Originally posted by newbihack

I think what hurt Allods was the lack of content they provided. The newer MMO were offering something different and people went that direction. The Grind type games you see in Wow, Allods, and Everquest are the thing of the past. I would hate to see this game go  away cuz its better than Wow and is a good game to play. People who play  f2p mmo have the biggest misconception of this game being free. It is to a point but it cost to run this game. The joy of this game is there is no monthly fee you would have to pay each month. Now if you played this game and  you didnt like it you would be out so much money or if you couldnt logg in you would be on the phone for hours or days triying to contact customer support. I been through that havign played ffxi for year. Youre the consumer and its your choice on what you want to spend on this game each month not Gpotato.

I'll have to aggree that lack of content is the real issue.

Keep on rockin'!image