Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers of Caerus: Team Launches New KickStarter Program

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Forsaken Studios has announced that it has launched a new KickStarter initiative to help fund what they call a "next generation sandbox MMO" called Embers of Caerus.

Forsaken Studios is offering you the chance to support Embers of Caerus through our Kickstarter program. We’re developing a prototype of our game to show to potential investors and we need your help to make this a reality. In cooperation with Forsaken Studios, your generous pledges will fuel the development and production of our prototype, bring our game to the attention of the major players in the industry, and help put Embers of Caerus firmly on the MMORPG map!

Get involved in the project on the Embers of Caerus KickStarter page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

The industry needs more projects like this, good luck with the game guys!

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

yea but it has such a long dev times, ArcheAge might be better, also it has an aiming system like TERA etc right?

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57

This looks absolutely great! I love all the features they have planned, and the general idea behind it. Then again, I'm very into the whole sandbox concept in general. 

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

looks like shit. No way somone with a clear mind would support this.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Wannabe mmo developers are going to be the reason Kickstarter ultimately fades off into the sunset. A few good failures and everyone will associate Kickstarter with quick-money schemes and idiots.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Companies like this is probally why Kickstarter wont fail..

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

A few good failures and everyone will associate Kickstarter with quick-money schemes and idiots.

Well, that is what Kickstarter is in principle. Donating someone else's living? C'mon...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

50 dollars for a copy of the game is way too much on a kickstarter.  40 bucks max, I think 30 would get them a lot more interest.  It's not like it would ruin their eventual sales, I bet it would at the most constitute 10% of a years worth of sales, and since it plans on having a sub fee, it's really a drop in the bucket.

Do we know anything about this company btw?  I haven't looked into it.  I know there have been indy mmo projects that have gone on for 8+ years with small teams only to simply become vaporware, despite hype they built to get investments.  I have one in mind, starts with an A but can't remember it from the old vnboards days.

• Heathen7Heathen7 Member Posts: 1

This looks like what i wanted out of elder scrolls mmo, without the hotkey based combat.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

sticking with pathfinder i think they have the best chance i gues si can support this one too >.>