Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possibly no BWE this weekend. *Confirmed*

Comments

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I was actually looking forward to this weekend since next monday is a holiday and it will be a long weekend.

However, I don't mind that much for not having one cause I know that they want to give us the best experience and a as far as possible bugfree game.

They already got tons of feedback about issues they had to work on and already had given us infos about known software/hardware related issues aswell so it's a good thing that they are working on them cause this will give them the chance not only to fix them, but also the opportunity for us to maybe get new content to test in the next BW (Asura or Sylvari or both areas?), so we can send in bug/issues reports about these aswell.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Looks like a D3 weekend.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I must say I am a bit pissed. I mean, I pre-bought the game, meaning they already have my money. I was under the impression that involved beta playing, but beside the ~8 hours stress test I haven't seen anything. I would have assumed paying for a game before launch would at least give me access to a few beta weekends now.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Elikal

I must say I am a bit pissed. I mean, I pre-bought the game, meaning they already have my money. I was under the impression that involved beta playing, but beside the ~8 hours stress test I haven't seen anything. I would have assumed paying for a game before launch would at least give me access to a few beta weekends now.

And it does. As soon as they have another BWE, you'll be in. But, frankly speaking, you'd rather play in a mock BWE with little or no updates or in a BWE with new hardware, better patched and such?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

And it does. As soon as they have another BWE, you'll be in. But, frankly speaking, you'd rather play in a mock BWE with little or no updates or in a BWE with new hardware, better patched and such?

Tbh I rather play a mock BWE than none at all, Sir.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

If It wasn't for the new hardware I'd say they wouldn't really have a reason to postpone. Not every bug found needs to be fixed before the next BWE. Sometimes it is even better if they don't fix something and find a better solution later that fixes more than one thing.

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

If I remember correctly, they are following the same BETA structure they did for GW1. You got a single weekend ever month for several months, up until launch. You didnt get continuous play time, you got ONE weekend a month. I would expect to see the same thing here in GW2.

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

And what good would come out of that? You get to fulfill yourself by playing the game and ANet gets no useful info. You guys just need to give them time and let them do it right. Have you seen how many rushed games have been launched lately? Do you really want that fate to happen here? I don't, I hope they take all the time they need. I would like my game to be polished, optimized, and bug-free(for the most part) rather than them rushing just to get it to the masses.

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    People will complain about anything now days. It doesn't matter what anet do, some of you will whinge about it anyway.

So many spoilt brats around. Think it's time for me to give mmorpg a miss for a bit.
  • StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Well, to each his own. I am as eager as anyone else here to play this game, but I understand the fact that it needs to be finished up nicely before launch. Anet is holding up the fan pressure nicely, IMO, and the majority of feedback upon this no BWE news was actually quite positive (in the GW2 Facebook page, at least).

I think that we, as consumers, should prioritize quality over scramble. We all know MMOs have a natural tendency to turn into hellish morasses during launch.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

That's an answer I like (@FB post). Just be transparent and people will understand. I am looking forward to the next BWE, which could be a lot larger than the last one.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

The confirmation of no BWE this weekend has finally deflated my hype over this game. I still look forward to it but I have removed it from my "the game that I will be playing for the next 10 years" list. I have come to realize several things: 1) the game is not nearly as far along as many would suggest. There are still two races to introduce. I have heard people expect a release in July. Crazy! 2) You have to take what ArenaNet says with a grain of salt. No, ArenaNet did not promise monthly BWE but it was certainly implied. Then they lead on the fan base that there might be a BWE until 3 days prior to an expected weekend.  3) They have my money now and their is nothing I can do about it. I find it annoying that I pre-purchased GW2 with the implied monthly beta and that very same month they decide not to do a BWE (I do not consider the Monday stress test as a full BWE). Yup. "I got ur money sukka" seems their attitude to me. I think it would have been better for ANet ot have a BWE weekend this weekend and then wait 8 weeks for the next one.

I still like what I see in GW2 and have no regrets for my pre-purchase but the fire is gone.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by tordurbar

The confirmation of no BWE this weekend has finally deflated my hype over this game. I still look forward to it but I have removed it from my "the game that I will be playing for the next 10 years" list. I have come to realize several things: 1) the game is not nearly as far along as many would suggest. There are still two races to introduce. I have heard people expect a release in July. Crazy! 2) You have to take what ArenaNet says with a grain of salt. No, ArenaNet did not promise monthly BWE but it was certainly implied. Then they lead on the fan base that there might be a BWE until 3 days prior to an expected weekend.  3) They have my money now and their is nothing I can do about it. I find it annoying that I pre-purchased GW2 with the implied monthly beta and that very same month they decide not to do a BWE (I do not consider the Monday stress test as a full BWE). Yup. "I got ur money sukka" seems their attitude to me. I think it would have been better for ANet ot have a BWE weekend this weekend and then wait 8 weeks for the next one.

I still like what I see in GW2 and have no regrets for my pre-purchase but the fire is gone.

Kleenex? 

So you're upset cause you got your hopes up and then they came crashing down so this is your temper tantrum? 

Seriously, I think everyone's disappointed there's no beta, but no one lead you on.  They sent that message late last night, which tells me they were hoping to have some things done and installed this week and the tests just weren't looking right.  As people said previously, thisis not a marketing beta, it's an actual testing beta.  What's the point of running a testing beta if there's nothing to test. I had to go back and check the toher day, and once i realized that no wher did they say monthly betas I realized that i'll just be happy when they do come out.  True, there's no other play experience like it, so that just means doing the other 90 percent of my life.  

This game never told u the game would be released within months, never told u u'd get monthly BWEs only that thye would try to sstick to a monthly schedule.  They obviously are pressing to get these new servers installed, band they coudl have easily waited until thursday, but they set a deadline for themselves of tuesday everning and when it wasn't done they pushed the button.  

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

the asura and sylvari zone are create long time ago and being tested, so i dont understand why they need to "introduce" this areas. the bugs on BW1 80-90% was nothing to do with zones so i can expect sylvari and asura zones are in great shape too.

if BW2 will be great i have no doubt they release game in July. 

so if the next BW will be on 1 June you are complain just because they miss May month for 1 day??? will be fun to see arenanet start the BW2 on 31 May...

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Yup -- until the next BWE.

To the thread in general:

Grow some perspective people.  If you didn't know what the pre-purchase plan entailed, you shouldn't have put your money down.  That's your fault.  Even the trolls will tell you as much.

The game is still in development and that takes priority over your personal gratification.  Suck it up and find something else to do over the weekend.

EDIT: clarified that I'm not singling out the poster I replied to.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Those of you getting upset over them not having a BWE need to seriously take a pill. Chances are this game is not going to be out for a while so if you're already getting frustrated...well..find something else to focus on because you're going to be banging your head against a wall on this for probably quite some time.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Those of you getting upset over them not having a BWE need to seriously take a pill. Chances are this game is not going to be out for a while so if you're already getting frustrated...well..find something else to focus on because you're going to be banging your head against a wall on this for probably quite some time.

You are right but the problem is they did a nice marketing scam in order to get the money to finish development in the green.

Time for refunds until they announce it. Yes you can get a refund.

• JesseBFoxJesseBFox Member Posts: 134

Let's think about this a second or two. If they put up a mock BWE, they would need to dedicate people to babysit the servers, monitor activity, fix issues with people connected. Essentially stop work on the game to babysit an event that will give them no data for anythng with their current build.

So being behind by these 3 days means release will be days later. This most likely translates to a release 1 week later than normal.

You would rahter play a mock BWE this weekend with all the bugs and non-optimized code of the last BWE and push back release by a week  than to simply wait and play BWE2 next weekend when they can accumulate all that data and see the changes?

As someone else pointed out if they do indeed have BWE2 next weekend, it would start on June 1st, missing "May" by 1 day.

Food for thought: Considering how loosely they have said they want to have a BWE once every month or so. Now think how people are now holding their feet to the fire about it being 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Mull over that a month is 4 1/3 weeks long on average. People are having a fit over basically waiting 2/3rds an extra week. Considering this is the 3rd beta event (first was not a bwe though) it seems about right on target. 

Ok take all that in to consideration and ponder what would happen if Arenanet gave a release date even though there is no humanly possible way to forsee the problems that can come. Imagine the outrage if they said something like a late September release and it ended up releasing on October 2nd. You know, because they did a mock BWE in May to avoid missing a May "target" by 1 day.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

This is what I like to see. Developers preparing the servers for massive load before release. Not week after!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

You are right but the problem is they did a nice marketing scam in order to get the money to finish development in the green.

What scam? I haven't purchased the game yet because I think it is ridiculous to do so when a game doesn't even have a launch date. However, for those that did so knowing this info...how exactly were they scammed? They did so of their own accord without any promise of a set schedule for a release.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

the game have a release date is 2012, doesnt have is a specific day, but is 2012...

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

Good luck with that. Your problem is going to be that ANet didn't lie on a single thing so far, and that you got exactly what they promised. Any lawyer worth his pay will tell you you're wasting your time.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Good luck with that. Your problem is going to be that ANet didn't lie on a single thing so far, and that you got exactly what they promised. Any lawyer worth his pay will tell you you're wasting your time.

yup. people need to start read term contracts when buy something

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by JesseBFox

Let's think about this a second or two. If they put up a mock BWE, they would need to dedicate people to babysit the servers, monitor activity, fix issues with people connected. Essentially stop work on the game to babysit an event that will give them no data for anythng with their current build.

So being behind by these 3 days means release will be days later. This most likely translates to a release 1 week later than normal.

You would rahter play a mock BWE this weekend with all the bugs and non-optimized code of the last BWE and push back release by a week  than to simply wait and play BWE2 next weekend when they can accumulate all that data and see the changes?

As someone else pointed out if they do indeed have BWE2 next weekend, it would start on June 1st, missing "May" by 1 day.

Food for thought: Considering how loosely they have said they want to have a BWE once every month or so. Now think how people are now holding their feet to the fire about it being 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Mull over that a month is 4 1/3 weeks long on average. People are having a fit over basically waiting 2/3rds an extra week. Considering this is the 3rd beta event (first was not a bwe though) it seems about right on target. 

Ok take all that in to consideration and ponder what would happen if Arenanet gave a release date even though there is no humanly possible way to forsee the problems that can come. Imagine the outrage if they said something like a late September release and it ended up releasing on October 2nd. You know, because they did a mock BWE in May to avoid missing a May "target" by 1 day.

I agree with you entirely on that whole post, but one thing caught me...

BWE next weekend?!?! What did I miss?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I think you're taking liberties with the definition of "scam".  Would I be right in assuming that your idea of a scam refers to when people are too self-absorbed to read the large print when they sign their names to something, then claim they were misled?  There was no time frame given on a release date and ArenaNet are under no obligation to supply one to you when you feel it's appropriate.  The only thing they have said for certain is that it will release this year.  That's it.