Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best and Most popular MMORPG

I'm kind of new to this site and I'm not sure if thi is already a topic, but can anyone tell me or suggest the best and most popular mmorpg? both f2p and p2p. Also can anyone suggest any that aren't like LOTRO or DDO?, as in they aren't based on a book or movies (Lord of the Rings) or board game (Dungeons and Dragons). Something with it's own kind of unique Lore.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I'm kind of new to this site and I'm not sure if thi is already a topic, but can anyone tell me or suggest the best and most popular mmorpg? both f2p and p2p
    Most populated: World of Warcraft.
    Most Popular Guild wars 2
    Most Abstract from LOTRO: Eve Online.

Also can anyone suggest any that aren't like LOTRO or DDO?, as in they aren't based on a book or movies
    Rift
    Tera
    TSW
    Aion
    Vanguard
    Everquest Series.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

WoW, Rift, Flavor of the month Tera, Eve according to this site.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

EVE Online, and future ones to watch are ArcheAge, World of Darkness, and EVE's spin-off, DUST 514.  Oh... and Elder Scrolls Online.

The Secret World is receiving mixed reviews, always a good warning sign, and right now with the ever-looming approach of Guild Wars 2, you'll probably be swept away in the "second coming of Christ" mega-hype, since ArenaNet has no where else they can advertise freely.

Me:  I'm currently subscribed to RIFT, TERA, and I'm also playing Diablo III.  Diablo III is B2P, and the only F2P games that pique my interest haven't been released yet, but they are Neverwinter and RaiderZ.

Not sure what folks feel about EQ2, but that recently went F2P, LOTRO is F2P, and AION just went F2P, but I heard it's a mess.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Best and Most Popular P2P: World of Warcraft (Yes, I went there)

Best and Most Popular F2P: Lord of the Rings Online

Most Unique: Eve Online

<3

• danielsuh25danielsuh25 Member Posts: 3

Any really good and popular f2p mmorpgs?

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by danielsuh25

A nice, don't know how popular tho, f2p would be Aion I guess.

• TheRedcornTheRedcorn Member Posts: 4

Runescape is f2p, u should give it a try, I rly like it.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by danielsuh25

Try Fallen Earth and Uncharted Online. Both of them off the LotTRO grid.

• danielsuh25danielsuh25 Member Posts: 3

Ummm Runes of Magic, Lotro, or DDO? Pros and cons for each and which is more worth playing?

• luckyme02luckyme02 Member Posts: 6

umm in SEA( South East Asia ) Dragon Nest is the popular MMORPG