Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Reviews are in....

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Yep. I'd agree with the scores. Seems to be the general consensus of people I've talked to in game and on vent.

8.5 seems about right. I might say 9 considering how addictive it is.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Insanity.  The game doesn't even work for some people.  Broken games deserve a 0!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Aside from the day one frustration. Id agree. Its the first game in a while that i actually want to play rather than playing it because im bored

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I really like the game itself.  I have been unable to play it though for a few days now.  Well I can play, but it's kind of pointless on the harder difficulties.  My latency hardly dips below 300ms and I am about 200 miles away from the West coast NA servers.  I was getting 50 ms, now I get 300 with spikes up to 600ms.  Been happening since last weekend.  By reading the official forums, doesn't seem like the only one.  The always online feature got old really, really quick.  It's gotten so bad that last night I tried out the EU server and my latency was lower!  Unfortuantely, the EU servers were down all night tonight for us in the NA.  The constant Error 3003 ad naseum. 

Can't say I agree with the reviews.  Like I said, really like the game, the online features are killing it for me.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

These reviews are what I expected for Diablo III once the intial "launch rage" was over.  I'm glad to see I was right.  They have similar reservations in areas that I think everyone has with Blizzard's choices, but also praise the game in important areas that I think are well-deserved.

Overall, I've been having a blast with Diablo III, and I'm glad to see so many other people are, too.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Awesome game. The IGN review is spot on.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

It's awsome.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

For a big name franchise and a big name company releasing it?  Yea.  Sure. 

I could have told you critics were going to give it a 9 or 8.  They always do when this is the case.  Now Im not trying to bash on you D3 fans.  I have NOT played the game.  But it could be the biggest pile of dung on the planet and it would get good scores. 

But sure, you players could agree with the good reviews.  You have more of a view on it than I do.  But when a critic reviews a game that has a big name developer and a big name franchise combined?  I just ignore them entirely.  The scores are always the same and the reviews are always glowing.  Period. 

But I do appreciate the thread OP.   Allows players to weigh in on whether they agree or not and thats a good sound thing.  So carry on all.  I want to see you players and what you think.  Because I only care about your opinions.  Its all I can do.  You are the reviewers now.  So give it a go. 

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Yeah, I'd say IGN was spot on. That's without factoring in the connection problems some people have had but didn't affect me. I just got to hell difficulty tonight and it's definitely the most fun I've ever had with an ARPG, or even any RPG. The difficulty and pacing from level 1 to 52 where I'm at has been the best I've ever seen. I wish they would have planned WoW with this level of challenge at the later levels and endgame. I would definitely still be subbed if they did. Come on Blizzard! Make it happen!

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

nicely done reviews.  The game becomes allot more interesting in the harder levels and more fun to play.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I would say that 8-8.5 is about right for this title. The 9.5 is too high, but overall, I think the metacritic score is ok...not the user one, but the critics one.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• Yeah, the review scores generally land in the ballpark of 8-9. This seems in line with how people in general feel about the game.

• Average the IGN score and the Gamespot score together.

This game is a solid 9.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

After watching IGN's review, I have to say I agree with his assessment. The game is extremely addictive once you unlock the harder difficulties, and the loot system is rewarding and random, which makes me want to explore every nook and cranny of every map, everytime. Along with the battletag system, which is Real Id lite, makes it so easy to see what my friends are up to and join their game with an appropriate character.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

SWToR: 9.0/10

There goes all of your credibility.

I actually think that you can invert the revew scores to find their true values.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Once I got a new graphics card and new higher watt power supply, the problems that I THOUGHT were the game....all went away.  No, honestly, I suspected it might be my machine, but I wasn't positive it wasn't the game either.  Now that I can actually PLAY the game with no lag (but the ocassional, fairly rare, server side lag spike) and the graphics look beautiful.....I'm a happy camper.  I know it would cause me to bring my own review up to an 8.5 (if I had one). lol  :)  I'm lovin' it now.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by IrishChai

Yeah, I'd say IGN was spot on. That's without factoring in the connection problems some people have had but didn't affect me. I just got to hell difficulty tonight and it's definitely the most fun I've ever had with an ARPG, or even any RPG. The difficulty and pacing from level 1 to 52 where I'm at has been the best I've ever seen. I wish they would have planned WoW with this level of challenge at the later levels and endgame. I would definitely still be subbed if they did. Come on Blizzard! Make it happen!

I really couldn't stomach the IGN review.  Other reviews have at least tried to be objective.  This one is just fawning over everything.

No real discussion of features that are on the frigging box which aren't actually there.  No discussion of the intiial login probs (to find that you gotta click through the "review in progress" link buried in the review.)  He basically admits the story sucks.  (Though as far as a Diablo game goes, that doesn't say much, since lets face it, their story has always sucked.)

I think an 8 or 8.5 is a fair score based on what the reviews actually say.  The 9.5 is just IGN doing what it does best when it comes to big name establishment games.

Am curious what game front's review of it will be.  They were one of the few to rate ME3 fairly and give an actual balanced review of it. 

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I'd like to conduct an experiment.  I'd like to find out how many of the "geniuses" who thought the metacritic scores of 3.0 were spot-on now think these new batch of reviews are an overly biased suck-up by the sites trying to curry favor with Blizzard.  

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

As a disgruntled ex-employee and non blizzard fan I give it a 7.5. It's fun. It's got some issues that they are still working out and for some reason it just seems like it's shorter than D2. But overall it's fun and keeping me entertained.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Insanity.  The game doesn't even work for some people.  Broken games deserve a 0!

Yeah I'm one of the people whose computer hangs every 5 minutes or so while playing D3.  Suppose this happened to a "critic", how would they score that?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

While I do not like all of the changes, there is no denying that is is still a lot of fun to play.  Lately I feel like I keep trying to find fun in games that just cannot provide it, so this is especially refreshing.  I think all reviews should be in the 85-90% range.  Had they included the druid class, 95! > : (  I want to werewolf.

• NevereveNNevereveN Member UncommonPosts: 11

why bother putting gamespot / gameinformer??? IGN is the only legit one. 

• KhurgKhurg Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Yeah I'm one of the people whose computer hangs every 5 minutes or so while playing D3.  Suppose this happened to a "critic", how would they score that?

Get a good system ? L2update drivers ?

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by NevereveN

why bother putting gamespot / gameinformer??? IGN is the only legit one. 

None of them alone is legit, but the sum is. At least, that's how I look at it.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Hyped up games by big corporations always seem to score to high from "professional" reviewers, probably because they think being totaly honest will get them a bad rep with those corps.  How do people think games like CoD score so high when they really aren't that good and bring absolutely nothing new to the table?

Blizzard pretty much killed the replay value of the game by not allowing mods.  That's what kept Diablo 2 alive so long. No doubt they will demand money for over-priced "DLC" soon, which will no doubt be similar sorts of things to what mods would have offered...