Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Project Titan exposed: codenamed "Tiger" aka "Destiny"

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Activision Blizzard struck a deal with both Microsoft and Bungie studios back in 2010 to create some unknown project back then. later to be leaked to be a Sci Fi MMO. Codenamed Tiger,

which after lawsuits unfolded between Activision and Infinity Ward, the info leaked, and its being called

Destiny.

Destiny will be made into 4 parts, which Microsoft will hold exclusive rights to Destiny temporarily on the Xbox8 in Fall 2013, which will be released every other year with expansions coming every other year codenamed "Comet", starting in the Fall of 2014.

Leaked Blizzard schedules indicate that project Titan is scheduled to release in 2014

strikingly close to Destiny and perhaps Orbis and Xbox8's post release time.

Also here is a statement from Bungie regarding the leaked info.

"So, yeah. While we’re not ready to show you what we’ve been working on, we can reconfirm that we are hard at work on our new universe. We can’t wait for you to see it.

See you starside in 2013."

is it possible that Project Titan and Destiny are one of the same Sci Fi MMOFPS in the works by Blizzard?

And could it possibly be a true next gen Console MMOFPS on levels of PS2 is to PC?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77

WoW Movie?

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Last I knew those were different projects and different developers.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

theres been a WoW movie in the workds for a while, being published by Legendary Pictures - should be good

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

They are different projects as far as I am aware.  'Destiny' is being developed by Bungie and is slated to be published by Activsion, not Blizzard.  Blizzard is developing a new MMO.  Activision does publish non-Blizzard games you know?

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Dude. Stop getting me all excited and shit.

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412
    WoW mobile?
  • ChopsticksChopsticks Member Posts: 120

Nice find!

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Wasn't there a Halo MMORPG codenamed "project titan" that got cut by Microsoft while it was in development?

http://www.incgamers.com/News/21928/cancelled-halo-mmo-details

"Monk also notes that, since Ensemble's closure, a number of Ensemble staffers have since moved to Blizzard - not least of all Greg Street, known to World of Warcraft fans as Ghostcrawler."

I also heard a rumor that on an episode of 30 Rock titled "Hard Ball" that featured Halo had credited Blizzard Entertainment.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I'm going to check the writings of Nostradamus and get back to you.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194
    your timeline is either outdated or innacurate: it shows Diablo 3 release date as december 2011.
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

probably outdated, I seem to recall D3 release being pushed back.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

If you read, the timeline is from 2010.

I don't see Blizzard having anything to do with Destiny.  If that timeline isn't too out of whack, then after MoP we can expect another WoW expansion as well as Titan - enough work for them without thinking about even another MMO to make.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Destiny = Bungie

Titan = Blizzard

Destiny will be a series of MMOFPS that have timed exclusivity for the Xbox made by Bungie for Activision.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Blizzard.