Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: SOE Announces Bullet Run

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Acony Games and Sony Online Entertainment have announced Bullet Run, a new MMOFPS with persistent online multiplayer game play. The game will meld the reality television show of the same name with a persistent online game world.

Set in the near future, the game features the hottest new reality TV game show, Bullet Run, where performance is everything -- simply gaining the kill does not win your character fame. Style and attitude, combined with a hair trigger and cat-like reflexes, will bring contestants the fame they crave. Players, also known as "Contestants," battle to the death with ammo, weapons and attitude. With fame on the line, an array of customization options will allow players to create unique looks for their characters and ensure the style system spotlight is on them. Matches take place in a variety of settings, each of which provides a different mix of tactical options, play styles and equipment options. Through a revolutionary "Synth" technology, these reality stars will die, re-incarnate into a new body, and jump right back into the action until the match is complete. Death becomes a mere setback as players compete for fame and glory.

Find out more on the official Bullet Run site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Ummm....what?  Defiance I'm excited for, this though?  Rofl, give me a break.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/05/21/sony-online-entertainment-goes-for-the-kill-with-free-to-play-shooter-bullet-run/

The game will make its debut at E3 in Los Angeles in June.

Up to 20 players can customize characters and weapons while developing eight skills for a personalized combat experience in six unique maps. Jan-Eric Lauble, creative director at ACONY Games, discusses this new game in the exclusive interview

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I don't think this is going to be an actual show on television combined with a game. I think it's a game that is set in the future, as a reality television show.

In any event, it's a 20 person death match with little or no purpose. Now, if there is a television show, and players can get famous or pseudo-famous playing the game...that might attract a lot of people. It can't be that much worse than a lot of other 'reality' television shows running now.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

It'll be as successful as The Agency was, I'm sure.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

It'll be as successful as The Agency was, I'm sure.

They probably fired everyone behind The Agency, took the engine they spent years developing, and are gonna turn this into a four month cash machine.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

"Death becomes a mere setback"

We should probably interpret that as "yet another game without actual excitement enhancing negative consequences to dying".

(Not that full loot is the only way to go, though, there's more ways to stimulate players really not wanting to die).

Personally I'm really bored of pvp with just a token debuff or durability hit and where you are back in the action in mere seconds like nothing ever happened. It makes fights so insignificant.

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Another great Sony title in the making!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Sony needs to fire the entire SOE staff down to the project managers and hire some people with a little bit of talent.  To say this sounds like a horrible game is an understatement.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Sony needs to fire the entire SOE staff down to the project managers and hire some people with a little bit of talent.  To say this sounds like a horrible game is an understatement.

Careful what you ask for. Eaware devs are currently looking for jobs. lol

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I almost like the idea, almost.  Add the fact that PvP equates to cheats, and hacks. And then add how any sort of "progression" is probably going to be based on a fictional prestige scale. And then add the fact it's by SoE, equals   "file the project right beside The Agency"

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I don't think this is going to be an actual show on television combined with a game. I think it's a game that is set in the future, as a reality television show.

In any event, it's a 20 person death match with little or no purpose. Now, if there is a television show, and players can get famous or pseudo-famous playing the game...that might attract a lot of people. It can't be that much worse than a lot of other 'reality' television shows running now.

Isn't that what Acony's game Hedone is about?So it sounds like they are just redoing and renaming it with Sony's help.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

This is just Hedone re-labebled.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Looks to me like SoE is just the publisher here?  Can't access the full article atm.

Doesn't look a game aimed for the MMORPG crowd anyway.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

If this takes the theme of an over-the-top 80s action flick I'd find it entertaining

• gt4980bgt4980b Member Posts: 112

Just as a note...SOE is the publisher not the developer.  The game has nothing to do with The Agency.  If you want to see what is left of the agency, go play Payday.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Didnt SOE just cancel a couple games so they can focus on their flagships?  Then they do this..

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by TwwIX

This is just Hedone re-labebled.

He is correct if you go to the Hedone game here and follow the link for it it takes you to SOE Bullet Run

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/627/Hedone.html

This is the link to it here as Hedone. Click the top of the page that says official website.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw