Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

So, how pvp competitive are controller players?

PigEyePigEye campbellsville, KYPosts: 78Member

To the point, I have an xbox controller hooked up to my pc.

If I get Tera, and choose to use it, will I be...

A. Gimped

B. a God

C. On par, or close the rest of the player base who use M&K?

PigEye McNasty
DFOUW NA

Comments

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Fresno, CAPosts: 2,414Member

A controller will never out perform a M&K.

This is why  online games that support both console and PC don't put them on the same server.

In PvE, no prob. In PvP, a skilled controller user will get roflstomped by a lower skilled m & k user.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• xposeidonxposeidon Sandston, VAPosts: 384Member
    Originally posted by PK4TW
    To the point, I have an xbox controller hooked up to my pc.   If I get Tera, and choose to use it, will I be...   A. Gimped   B. a God   C. On par, or close the rest of the player base who use M&K?

Please remove your profile picture jesus man you sick.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Fresno, CAPosts: 2,414Member
    Originally posted by xposeidon
    To the point, I have an xbox controller hooked up to my pc.   If I get Tera, and choose to use it, will I be...   A. Gimped   B. a God   C. On par, or close the rest of the player base who use M&K?

What's wrong with good ol' Pennywise the clown?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen

What's wrong with good ol' Pennywise the clown?

lol yea IT scared the crap out of me when I was younger.. good book and movie:)

and for the question normaly controller will underperform it really depends on what you are used to.. me I like kb + mouse but I use controller for PVE with my slayer and it works fine

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• XiaokiXiaoki White Pigeon, MIPosts: 2,763Member Uncommon

A controller is just fine for PvP if you're a melee DPS.

Casters? Not so much.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member Uncommon

Remove yours, racist.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheMinnTheMinn Parsimony, CAPosts: 397Member

We all float down here...for PvP

• MisalignedMisaligned Redding, CAPosts: 45Member Uncommon

PvP is about competition. The controller is an inferior input mechanism. Do you not want to have every possible advantage in a competitive environment? I would think it's fine for casual PvE. For PvP mouse+keyboard all the way.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow stockton, CAPosts: 1,428Member

PvE should be fine but PvP be an issue unless you play an lancer i guess, thing is there be too many skill for you to have buttons for is one thing unless your a lancer but as a lancer aiming matters a lot since our attack is linear which makes controller worse than KM because it will always aim better.