Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold my customer service experience with Square-Enix

TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

I bought the ultimate FFXI amazon deal. Since then I cannot even log in because of PlayOnline. It keeps telling me my password or ID is wrong. I've had to contact them 4x in 3 hours and they all have the same response. They just don't care. I have been disconnected, at the very end, each time. I'm now told to wait 1 hr and try logging in again. Why should i log in when they website + PlayOnline does not recoginze my password even though I have changed it 4x now. any help if you know what to do. Clearly, Square-Enix does not care.

image Agent Matt L: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
image Agent Matt L:  May I have your name, please?
image You: hey Matt L. i was speaking with Thomas A twice now
image You: Kristian
image Agent Matt L: Hello Kristian
image You: trying to register PlayOnline so I an play FFXI, which i purchased from amazon.com download
image You: the passwords, or something, are not matching
image Agent Matt L: What password isn't working for you
image You: i chagned them 2x now and i cannot log
image You: i just cant log in
image Agent Matt L: Stop
image Agent Matt L: Let's work on this 
image Agent Matt L: What is the ID of the account in question?
image You: my playonline id or square-enix id /
image Agent Matt L: The Square ENix ID
image You: i called my id 'TheMinn" no spaces
image Agent Matt L: Ok, I do see this SE account here
image Agent Matt L: Now, let me get something straight
image Agent Matt L: You can log into this account but not the POL Viewer, right?
image Agent Matt L: What is the error message when you fail to log in?
image You: yes. through the square-enix website i can into that part. but when it comes to the POL viewer i keep getting POL-5311 or whatever it is, wrong password
image You: or 5312. whichever it is. states my ID or password is wrong
image Agent Matt L: Here's what I want you to do
image Agent Matt L: Follow these two groups of instructions
image Agent Matt L: Please follow these instructions to change the PlayOnline password within the Square Enix Account Management site:

1. Log in to the Square Enix Account Management site at account.square-enix.com
2. Locate and select "Select Service"
3. Choose "PlayOnline / Final Fantasy XI"
4. Choose "Active Service Accounts"
5. Choose the correct PlayOnline ID and locate "Options List"
6. Locate "PlayOnline ID options"
7. Locate "Update PlayOnline Password" and proceed with updating the POL password
image Agent Matt L: After you follow this, I want you to log out of everything and wait about 30 min
image Agent Matt L: Let any locks placed on the POL viewer fall off
image Agent Matt L: Then follow these instructions:

image Agent Matt L: Please be sure that the PlayOnline Viewer's login settings are properly set. In order to make sure, please perform the following steps:

1. Log into the PlayOnline Viewer and access the Member List
2. Select your profile and select "Settings"
3. Locate "PlayOnline ID". Make sure your PlayOnline ID is entered (4 capped letters, 4 numbers).
4. Locate "Square Enix ID". Make sure your Square Enix ID is entered (The ID of the account used to manage payment and account tasks).
5. Locate "One-time Password". Set to Use if you own a security token. Set to Do Not Use if you do not.
6. Select Ok and then confirm the changes.
7. When you login, the system will prompt you to enter in a Square Enix password. This is the password used to log into the account management website.
image You: i now cant log into the site
image You: since i cahnged my password
image Agent Matt L: Ok
image Agent Matt L: In order to reset the password on a Square Enix account, please visit the following site to use the e-mail option:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/reminder?

Please keep in mind that, in order for this process to work properly, you must submit the actual e-mail address that is linked to the Square Enix account in question.
image You: i have
image Agent Matt L: Keep doing it
image You: but its only asking me for my ID an password, no mention of email
image Agent Matt L: You need to make sure the email address you're using in the password reset attempts is correctly cased as well
image Agent Matt L: Change your SE and POL passwords then
image Agent Matt L: Then adjust your POL viewer's settings
image You: how is it FFIX is the only MMO where this has to happen. its been 2 hrs and i still cannot log
image You: im now banned for the site for 10 minutes
image You: this is so frustrating
image You: im just wanting to try a game out
image You: my password doesnt even work on the site now
image Agent Matt L: Ok, Kristian. I'm going to move on to other contacts at this time. 
image Agent Matt L: Do me a favor and wait 1 hour
image Agent Matt L: Don't do anything for 1 hour
image You: and if i get another agent?
image Agent Matt L: Then go and change both your SE and POL passwords
image Agent Matt L: Then try to log in
image Agent Matt L: You're going to get me and I'll be giving you the same instructions
image Agent Matt L: Wait 1 hour
image You: alright
image Agent Matt L: Then change both passwords and try again
image Agent Matt L: Come back if you're still unable to log in
image You: i guarantee i probably will not be able to login
image Agent Matt L: Let's try
image Agent Matt L: Be positive
image Agent Matt L:  Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Center! Please have a wonderful day!
image Agent Matt L has disconnected.

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

customer service doesnt even make the bottom of my list as far as features I am looking for in deciding to play a game or not.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    kinda made me laugh a little, not sure why lol. Ffxi is not wortbh the trouble trust me on this. Play ffxiv to be honest.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

customer service doesnt even make the bottom of my list as far as features I am looking for in deciding to play a game or not.

Yeah, but if the CS isn't helping you fix the error in order to play the game, then it really is no longer your decision to play or not.  

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by punkrock
    kinda made me laugh a little, not sure why lol. Ffxi is not wortbh the trouble trust me on this. Play ffxiv to be honest.

Sad when you tell someone to play an unfinished project over an established and proven game.

FFXIV out of paid beta yet? No? Didn't think so.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I have had credit card issues with them for years and they can't fix it. The sad thing is that I used to play the game with the same credit card and it mysteriously won't work now. They try to blame it on my bank, but my bank says everything is fine on their end. SE is a pathetic company for sure.

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Yeah, but if the CS isn't helping you fix the error in order to play the game, then it really is no longer your decision to play or not.  

you hit it spot on. that is why i posted this. i am waiting for 2.0 to re-try FF14 (already have an account). I bought 11 through amazon for 8 bucks which is why i am trying to install it.

but you did hit it spot on. the CS (now 2) have still been unreliable. The 2nd one actually might have given me attitude (it was online typing so I don't know how to interpret the context of a particular sentence).

I have changed my password, 3x now, for the game and it still is telling me something is wrong. 

• ZizzsZizzs Member UncommonPosts: 31

I'd say try calling them on the phone and ask them that way 

Zizzs - Team Leader - Shade - SoA

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Zizzs

I'd say try calling them on the phone and ask them that way 

I have tried that. You get the same run around on the phone.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by TheMinn
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

you hit it spot on. that is why i posted this. i am waiting for 2.0 to re-try FF14 (already have an account). I bought 11 through amazon for 8 bucks which is why i am trying to install it.

but you did hit it spot on. the CS (now 2) have still been unreliable. The 2nd one actually might have given me attitude (it was online typing so I don't know how to interpret the context of a particular sentence).

I have changed my password, 3x now, for the game and it still is telling me something is wrong. 

I am with you in waiting for FFXIV 2.0 ...right now its utter crap.

And normaly I don't side with the company on stuff.. BUT on this one, I'm going to have to, looking back at the chat log it should be pretty clear what to do.

I played FFXI for quite a few years, including turning my acount off and back on several times, And I never had a problem with POL (yes it is more difficult then signing up for a normal MMO) but its not rocket science.

Anyways...did you ever follow his instructions and get it working?

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• Twilight33Twilight33 Member UncommonPosts: 37

its a good game but the entirely convoluted playonline viewer makes it so much more trouble to play then it is worth. i seriously love the game but i litterally unistalled within a day because of the viewer. SOE really needs to update and remove the thing. no one uses it and it drives away potential new customers with its unneccessary complexity.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by eyeswideopen
    Originally posted by punkrock

Sad when you tell someone to play an unfinished project over an established and proven game.

FFXIV out of paid beta yet? No? Didn't think so.

Err... FFXIV has been out of "paid beta" for a while now.

I realize some people love to live in the past and continue harping on old news as though it's still current, as though things never change. However, that's all it is, being stuck in the past.

The stage the game is in right now has nothing to do with being a paid beta.

They've been making ongoing adjustments to in-game systems, just like devs do to every other live MMO out there.

They've been adding new content to the game across various patches, just like devs do in every other live MMO out there.

They've been balancing and tweaking various aspects of gameplay, just like devs do in every other live MMO out there.

They've been patching bugs and squashing exploits, just like devs do in every other live MMO out there.

And so on.

If FFXIV is a "paid beta" at this point, then so is every other live MMO out there that's continually being expanded, improved and balanced while charging a sub or otherwise accepting payments.

And if you're going to bring up "well it's paid beta for 2.0", I'll just stop you ahead of time to say "Wrong". Much of what is in game right now is not going to be in 2.0, and much of what will be in 2.0 has already been tested and is in a live environment. The Seventh Umbral Era, what we're going through right now, is a lead-up to the events that will ring in 2.0. It's analgous to the events that took place leading up to Cataclysm in WoW, and I don't recall anyone calling the pre-Cata period of WoW a "paid beta".

We are paying to play a live game, as it is right now. When beta starts for 2.0, we will be paying for the live game we have right now, while having the privilege of testing 2.0's content - just like many MMOs will put up test servers for players to get their hands on new updates or expansions before they're released.

If you don't like the game, fine. That's your prerogative and I'm not here to try and change your mind. If you have opinions about the gameplay you want to voice, great. Do so. There's plenty of room on both sides of the topic, and XIV certainly does still have its flaws. However, if you're going to speak out against it (or for it for that matter) at least make sure your information is up-to-date and accurate.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

And if you're going to bring up "well it's paid beta for 2.0", I'll just stop you ahead of time to say "Wrong". Much of what is in game right now is not going to be in 2.0,

You shoot yourself in the foot with your own argument. There is a reason that stuff currently in the game isn't making it to 2.0, because it BLOWS. Great, you like a crap game. Others might too. But do not delude yourself. WoW didn't release so bad they gave their members a year free. While they do update content, no MMO has overhauled their UI like FFXIV plans on doing post-launch. Ffm, the program took control of mouse scroll speeds. This game sucks, and will suck, until the "miracle" patch. And even then it's good to have a healthy dose of skepticism about it.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    You shoot yourself in the foot with your own argument. There is a reason that stuff currently in the game isn't making it to 2.0, because it BLOWS. Great, you like a crap game. Others might too. But do not delude yourself. WoW didn't release so bad they gave their members a year free. While they do update content, no MMO has overhauled their UI like FFXIV plans on doing post-launch. Ffm, the program took control of mouse scroll speeds. This game sucks, and will suck, until the "miracle" patch. And even then it's good to have a healthy dose of skepticism about it.

Game sucking = opinion. I'm having a blast in the game, with last night being one of the better nights. I helped out a new player earlier that morning (a level 12 Lancer) and leved off each others leves. I was leveling Gladiator to get Warrior unlocked. Later that day, I got a tell from him for another level party, with our two classes being near same level. Me, his bro, him and another player leveled together for 2 hours on leves, they helped me complete my Warrior job quest just after reaching 20 for everyone, and we even made a Linkshell together. 

That kind of stuff only happens in XI and XIV tbh. Every other MMO worth a sub fee you just level alone, never really interacting with anyone else. And if you use a gamepad to play, the UI is just fine. Yoshi-P already said they're keeping the UI they have now for gamepads, just tweaking it a bit to be more responsive/different skin. The new UI is for keyboard/mouse players.

Leveling with others:

Doing a behest with other players outside of the party. At level 17, not endgame:

Making a linkshell with new friends before logging out for the night:

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

You probably didn't have the correct POL password saved in your log in screen. Or didn't give it enough time after changing it.

When you first open POL and have your name there and enter a password it is whatever you choose the password to be on that pc. Then from there you have a second log in screen, in that second log in screen is where you set up and save your POL password which for me is not the same as my square account PW. After you save those settings you go back and log in from there using you square enix account pw which can be easily changed on your web browser.

I know a lot of people dont like the system they have and believe me it does suck but it's really not as hard to figure out as some would make it out to be. Plus in the over 8 years of off and on play I have only had good dealings with there online help. You just need to be patient and follow their instructions and it all works out eventually. Oh and they will leave the chat if you start talking rude, but wouldn't you?