Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: New Video Diary Spotlights 1.3 and Beyond

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Game Director James Ohlen highlights some of the new content coming up in Game Update 1.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic. He also peers into the future and looks at other things that will be coming including a fully-featured Group Finder, a Character Transfer System,  and several new Legacy Perks that allow you to customize your experience.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'm surprised you used the and "beyond" title. It's just gives the same few tidbits of info on 1.3 and nothing about beyond other than 2 concept art pictures.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Kabaal

other than 2 concept art pictures.

That counts in my book. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That's weak, but i did chuckle.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Oh man, this game is so priceless.

Its like one of the embarrassing acts on that American's Got Talent show. X X X

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Coooooool!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Soooooo....it looks like their two "flagship" features for this update (dungeon finder and character transfer) are both things that just about all other themepark MMORPGs have had for a long time now.

Sounds about right.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I read these in hopes of hearing them announce either:

1) Switch to a B2P or F2P model OR

2) big plans for massive coop space missions with flagships and such

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Soooooo....it looks like their two "flagship" features for this update (dungeon finder and character transfer) are both things that just about all other themepark MMORPGs have had for a long time now.

Sounds about right.

Yup. "Feature Catch Up" patch number 3 !  ....and counting. /shrug

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

When you try and make asses out of us it just makes you look bad =D

Seriously though, if it our fault that we are pissed at swtor? The answer is HELL NO! The first Star wars game to come out (SWG) kept my attention from launch till NGE. I dont think this game held me for even two months meaning there is a huge disturbance in the force.

Originally posted by falc0n
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

When you try and make asses out of us it just makes you look bad =D

I responded then thought about it, i think she was laughing with us.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

When are they going to expand space gameplay?

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

Maybe she is maybe she isnt.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

why did they even make a video for this...?

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

Holy christ why is Bioware spotlighting two basic features in tons of mmos nowadays as like these revolutionary new and amazing CONTENT UPDATES?

Why do they keep doing this like with UI SCALING WOW THIS IS A GREAT CONTENT UPDATE HERE'S A TEN MINUTE VIDEO HIGHLIGHTING HOW EPIC THIS CONTENT IS

Do they have any idea how stupid they're making themselves look and how they're driving this game into the ground? Jesus christ this game

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by Deeter

Holy christ why is Bioware spotlighting two basic features in tons of mmos nowadays as like these revolutionary new and amazing CONTENT UPDATES?

Yea, this is all stuff that should have been in from day one, but I understand why they try to get the word out.

One of the big reasons for people leaving is the collapse of server populations and the lack of people to do content with. Assuming the LFG works, people might come back as they can now finally get the MM part of TOR again.

Same thing for char transfers. Unsubbed folks may have completely tuned out TOR and might have missed this.

Does BW deserve huge kudos for this? No. Should they try to get the word out? Absolutely.

And most people who are tuned into MMORPGs will have the same reaction you had anyway - "they are adding this only now??"

• cherengacherenga Member Posts: 19

So far i love this game, at least more than TSW. I decided to support this game uncondicionally cause it´s got potencial and an incredible IP.  I know it's far from bein' a dream game then that´s one part of what mmo games are all about, they evolve, change, grow, and most important, build strong communities, takes time but SWtor will obtain the polish it deserves.  Many ppl have positive opinions about this game too, but post no comments perhaps because they're havin a blast ingame.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Poor Ohlen, he looks like he is about to cry. He can't fake his lack of enthusiasm. It must not be fun to be Bioware austin. He looks old, tired and worn out.

I bet their development team consists of great people. Who really knows. In Hollywood it is often the case that the producer overrules the director and scriptwriter and makes his or her own changes to the film. Maybe there is some outside influence going on here as well.

Are people really asking for this Legacy stuff? They seem dead set on this path that they are on right now. I really wish them the best. 

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

fekk. i want new alien races to play as....

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

SWTOR wouldn't need character transfer or a better LFG tool if the game itself was better. 

But alas, SWTOR still bites and has nothing to do with Star Wars other than the label on the box.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Asamof

I know. I would be ashamed of an update video like this from such high cost AAA MMO.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Kalfer

Poor Ohlen, he looks like he is about to cry. He can't fake his lack of enthusiasm. It must not be fun to be Bioware austin. He looks old, tired and worn out.

I bet their development team consists of great people. Who really knows. In Hollywood it is often the case that the producer overrules the director and scriptwriter and makes his or her own changes to the film. Maybe there is some outside influence going on here as well.

Are people really asking for this Legacy stuff? They seem dead set on this path that they are on right now. I really wish them the best. 

the whole bioware situation in the past two years has been pretty depressing overall

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by cherenga

So far i love this game, at least more than TSW. I decided to support this game uncondicionally cause it´s got potencial and an incredible IP.  I know it's far from bein' a dream game then that´s one part of what mmo games are all about, they evolve, change, grow, and most important, build strong communities, takes time but SWtor will obtain the polish it deserves.  Many ppl have positive opinions about this game too, but post no comments perhaps because they're havin a blast ingame.

Get back to work Daniel Erickson!!!   image

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Asamof

Because they are arrogant, egotistical and like the sound of their own voices

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I just like to point out that most games "that have these features" of this patch did not have them form the start either... In fact "dungeon finder" is a fairly new concept and most companies are not cynical enough to include a character transfer service from the start (though i am sure it will become more and more common)

Just saying... objectivity and all that ...

This have been a good conversation

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Kalfer

I fully agree... First thing that hit me when watching this vid was how worn and tired he was..

It's a pity.. Especially since I actually play SW:TOR.. But I think you're right, I think they have little say right now and that someone else is calling the shots.. I bet the layoffs don't help either. The people going are, after all, co-workers and perhaps even friends. Can't feel good...

I really think all of this should've been in at launch though, and had it been, they might've actually made it. As it is now, though I like playing the game as a co-op RPG more than  anything else, I think TOR is bleeding out fast.

Too bad all they can apply is some linen cloth instead of a trauma kit.....