Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I owe all of you an apology.

KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56

I want to apologize to all of you. 

But I just can’t seem to stop having a great deal of fun playing SWTOR.  I’ve tried to be mainstream and hate it like the rest of you, but I have failed.  I simply love the game.

I just finished leveling my third character to 50 and couldn’t wait to start my 4th (Gunslinger baby!). 

I promise I will double my efforts being a hater and do whatever it takes to not have fun playing.  I won’t disappoint you!

Ion,
Leader of ION on the Giradda the Hutt server.

Comments

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Fair enough mate, at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is your own enjoyment.

I guess navigating the constant, 'This game will die!!', threads on here gets tiresome though :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

What is your trick to slogging through all of the same content and combat style that many times?  The stories aren't THAT good. 

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by Kwon

But I just can’t seem to stop having a great deal of fun playing SWTOR.  I’ve tried to be mainstream and hate it like the rest of you, but I have failed.  I simply love the game.

I just finished leveling my third character to 50 and couldn’t wait to start my 4th (Gunslinger baby!). 

I promise I will double my efforts being a hater and do whatever it takes to not have fun playing.  I won’t disappoint you!

Ion,

That's cool. 

Thanks?

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Ion,

Slacker!

50 Guardian

50 Sage

50 Shadow

50 Commando

50 Vanguard

50 Operative

46 Juggernaut

43 Sorcerer

45 Scoundrel

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Wow. Leveling 4 characters to 50 in that game would make me drop out of my chair and convulse uncontrolably.

You have the will power of 1000 Mahatma Ghandis sir.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

LOL. Having fun is nothing to apologize for.  There I things I'd like to see added for the long term vialbility of the game, but I'm still enjoying it even after playing it since early launch.  No other MMO has kept me this long before without having to take a month or so break.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Not sure why you're apologising, the only other post you've made since the game launched was another saying you were enjoying yourself image

I honestly wish i could still have as much fun in it as you are but 7 50's down the line, all of them in at least battlemaster gear and being a pvp'er at heart i just don't have the stomach for playing the same few warzones over and over. Never really been one for raids etc so the game just doesnt have much for me. I think i only lasted this long due to the one remaining guild member who stayed (who now plays D3) and the weak hope that something would be done with Ilum, but with the contents of 1.3 being announced with no hint of anything PvP that hope is gone for the immediate future. It also doesn't help that all my toons apart from 1 are on what is now a completely dead server.

I'll probably keep logging on every now and then till the sub runs out as i'm not playing anything else; but other than that i'll likely be gone until the space expansion gets released, depending on the direction they take.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Ion,

Why are you worrying about what others think? The best course of action is to simply avoid the internet or the usual negative nancies.

The following will never not be true.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I couldn't make it past level 30 on 1 character.   So what exactly do you like about the game?   That was a very vague opening post.  I'm guessing not PVP or the side quests since those are blatently horrible.  My personal least favorite feature was the self resurrection.  Why even bother playing a game that easy...

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

Originally posted by Roin

Ion,

Slacker!

50 Guardian

50 Sage

50 Shadow

50 Commando

50 Vanguard

50 Operative

46 Juggernaut

43 Sorcerer

45 Scoundrel

Holy cow! For me...

50 Sith Warrior

50 Bounty Hunter

33 Sith Assasin

23 Sorceror

11 Powertech

14 Sniper

Still deciding about what race to make my jedi characters so I'm holding off on that side for the time being.

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 109

you arent alone in defiance of the haters OP, i still quite enjoy the game as well, nothing to apologize for, the rabid haters are just going to keep trying to get you to hate the game as much as they do, but i honestly dont care what they think, in the end its what i think, same as you

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I don't hate the game. Just wasn't something I saw as worth spending time in past getting to see the stories and dungeons on a playthrough. So...yeah...

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

This thread made me smile, but I bet it won't get as many replies as any of the recent "I quit" threads........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56

Nice!

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by colddog04

Wow. Leveling 4 characters to 50 in that game would make me drop out of my chair and convulse uncontrolably.

You have the will power of 1000 Mahatma Ghandis sir.

It's just different for everyone. I watch my secretary play Cityville ALL FUCKING DAY!! and it makes me want to open a vein. I don't know how she can just sit there and watch that damn screen... she however; loves it. 

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

An apology disguised as a sarcastic flame-bait post, nice.

Originally posted by ktanner3

Ion,

Slacker!

50 Guardian

50 Sage

50 Shadow

50 Commando

50 Vanguard

50 Operative

46 Juggernaut

43 Sorcerer

45 Scoundrel

Holy cow! For me...

50 Sith Warrior

50 Bounty Hunter

33 Sith Assasin

23 Sorceror

11 Powertech

14 Sniper

Still deciding about what race to make my jedi characters so I'm holding off on that side for the time being.

My new thing is making Chiss Characters lol.  After I got Operative to 50 I had unlocked Chiss in Legacy.  So I then made a Chiss Vanguard.  Working on a Chiss Assassin now too.  Since Marauders and Sentinels are better now.  Was considering doing a Chiss of one of those or maybe both.  Not sure why I find the idea of Chiss being anything but Operatives/Snipers so amusing that I must create characters all my new class choices as them.  But it works image

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Yamota

I thought it was a sarcastic flame-bait post disguised as an apology.........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Yamota

Well...to be fair there are certainly more than enough presenting the other sentiment.

No reason those that love the game can't have some as well.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Lol, your not going against the mainstream, because the game is made for Coregamers aka "The mainstream" and it failed to capture that audeience or any of the hardcore (What you would consider indie MMO players).

So in other words, your going against no one, cause the game is terrible no matter which market your trying to favor.

• prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 109

Ion,

Slacker!

50 Guardian

50 Sage

50 Shadow

50 Commando

50 Vanguard

50 Operative

46 Juggernaut

43 Sorcerer

45 Scoundrel

Holy cow! For me...

50 Sith Warrior

50 Bounty Hunter

33 Sith Assasin

23 Sorceror

11 Powertech

14 Sniper

My new thing is making Chiss Characters lol.  After I got Operative to 50 I had unlocked Chiss in Legacy.  So I then made a Chiss Vanguard.  Working on a Chiss Assassin now too.  Since Marauders and Sentinels are better now.  Was considering doing a Chiss of one of those or maybe both.  Not sure why I find the idea of Chiss being anything but Operatives/Snipers so amusing that I must create characters all my new class choices as them.  But it works image

Chiss Gunslingers are win

Ion,

Slacker!

50 Guardian

50 Sage

50 Shadow

50 Commando

50 Vanguard

50 Operative

46 Juggernaut

43 Sorcerer

45 Scoundrel

Holy cow! For me...

50 Sith Warrior

50 Bounty Hunter

33 Sith Assasin

23 Sorceror

11 Powertech

14 Sniper

I was going to make my jedi human but then I unlocked sith pureboods with my first 50. Tempted to make the jedi sith purebloods in order to play a rebellious jedi as opposed to a goody tooshoe human. At some point I'm going there if nothing else to experience the Republic side. Will probably happen once I finish the Inquisitor and Agent storylines.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by Yamota An apology disguised as a sarcastic flame-bait post, nice.
    I thought it was a sarcastic flame-bait post disguised as an apology.........

And I thought is was a funny post disguised as sarcastic apology post.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Ion,

That was good stuff. Thanks :)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

Originally posted by prizm1234

Chiss Gunslingers are win

That's going to be right after I finish Mara/Sent (which ever I finally decide on.  Leaning towards Marauder atm). Smuggler has by far one of the better Republics stories.  They are sort of like the "Bad boy in Space, with a girl at every port" type. As opposed to their mirror the Agent which is like James Bond in Space.

@ktanner3

I might do a Sith Pure Blood legacy after they add the Legacy perks that increase leveling speed.  A rebel sith family that have been part of the Republic for generations lol.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

This discussion has been closed.