Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Favorite Diablo III Classes (So far!)

Comments

• KulEndSpyceeKulEndSpycee Member Posts: 30

Unfortunately the class balance when you get to late Hell and Inferno is extremely bad. Barbarian is literally useless by late Act I Inferno because every champion mob 1-2 shots you even with superb gear in every slot and all defensive skills.

I personally wanted to make a barbarian after Wizard, but now I have to make a Demon Hunter instead because you are literally a detriment to your team in Inferno if you are a barbarian.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by KulEndSpycee

Unfortunately the class balance when you get to late Hell and Inferno is extremely bad. Barbarian is literally useless by late Act I Inferno because every champion mob 1-2 shots you even with superb gear in every slot and all defensive skills.

I personally wanted to make a barbarian after Wizard, but now I have to make a Demon Hunter instead because you are literally a detriment to your team in Inferno if you are a barbarian.

This.

All melee classes are pretty much useless late in the game. Ranged or go home.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

This.

Not if you play a tank Barbarian. A friend of mnie went straight tank and he's been pretty useful on Inferno.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

I play a Melee Wizard and am enjoying it.  What I'm not enjoying is the lack of customization.  Blizzard really shoe horned the classes into specific roles.  I didn't really enjoy any of the other classes too much.  Monk is okay.  I would have preferred the two weapon demon hunter Blizzard originally announced rather than the ranged only class we have.  I guess I'll wait for Torchlight II to get my customization fix.

Before anyone jumps on me for not liking what Blizzard did, we all have preferences and I like melee combat augmented with magic or other abilities.  I'll play for the story, but probably won't really enjoy it much after that.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I've only played the barbarian so far.  I have a feeling the monk will never interest me, but hopefully trying it will hange my mind.  I'll probably play them in this order:  Barb->Wizard->DH->WD->Monk

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by BartDaCat

So far, I'm playing the Witch Doctor through Nightmare mode, and LOVING IT!

From hurling jars of jumping spiders that home in on adjacent enemies to flaming skulls that bounce across multiple targets for massive splash damage, to pouring down pools of acid that spawn acidic blobs, the list goes on and on...

The gargantuan can basically tank anything in the game, the zombie hounds make me think of Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons", when he'd tell Smithers to "Release the hounds."

Sooo much fun!

Sir there are some kids outside selling cookies......release the hounds

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• NekokekiNekokeki Member UncommonPosts: 76

Barbarians seem so out of balance right now.  My friend is using a shield and one hander yet he has the same dps as me.  OP if you ask me.  I'm not in it for PvP anyways, so what do I care.  I enjoy having one grouped with my monk and I'm sure I'll love it even more on my little wizard.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Played my Barbarian to 10 to enable hardmode.

I now have both a Monk and a Barbarian that I'm playing in hardmode.

My monk died last night *sob* but I'm starting it again, I love being able to be tank, healer and dps on the one toon.

My barbarian is my solo hardcore toon (the monk I play with my son). Love soloing with the barbarian.

I'm hooked on hardcore mode, just loving this. 

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by spookydom

I am still literally not happy about there beeing no Necro. I know, I know old news. WD just isn't the same for me. Where are the sardonic little quips?Where is the freaking blood golem and the pasty "I need to get out more" contenance? I loved building Necro's more than I loved building stuff out of Lego. And I love building stuff out of Lego guys!.......Love it! ;)

Yeah, but you gotta love the WD's throwing a bottle of spiders attack, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

All of the classes are inventive and fun. Started a monk and love the damage of the class.

• HEISTTHEISTT Member UncommonPosts: 20

I love the Demon Hunter. The run and gun style of play with dual wielding cross bows is very satisfying and requires quite a bit of skill. Next up will be the Wizard (for its destructiveness), then the Witch Doctor (for its unique spells). Basically all the classes which are effective at longer range. To make the list complete I'd play a Monk next and the runner up a Barbarian.

• VeldaraVeldara Member UncommonPosts: 30

Loving the Demon Hunter in terms of gameplay and storyline theme but the Wizard beats many of the classes for the personal story.  Great actress behind it and nice lines all throughout.  The gameplay for it is simple and honestly it's a very powerful class.

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I do solo so haven't done the wizard but of the other 4 it is

1. Demon Hunter. I am trying different things and like my turret, mark of death, and caltrops. Really curious on a melee one though with the grenades. 

2. Monk. I am enjoying the monk and the teleporting fist attack way too much.

3. Barbarian. I do enjoy smashing things.

4. Witch Doctor. I knew I would not like it and still playing it did not add anything. I don't like zombie anything. I play things with zombies in it but if that is all the game is then I pass so the Witch Doctor will remain low on my totem pole.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Tried the WD in the Beta, but I have been playing Wizard since launch.  Magic Weapon + Familiar (with +dmg rune) + Lightning shield (lower arcane cost) + Disintigrate (Nexus) = Stuff dies super fast.

Just beat Skeleton King in NM, so im not too far yet.

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Monk and Wizard hardcore only, I did play a monk normal for a little while, but I'm spoiled with the hardcore now. As soon as Blizzard puts together East Coast Servers I'll play them more.

I usually use a two handed mace because there is less damage range, so instead of 2 - 40 on a bow, I would get 38 - 40 with a two handed mace, combine that with Glass Cannon, and the Magic Weapon buff, at level 29, I hit between 540 and 560 with the magic missile, using the charged blast rune.

The Arcane orb with obliteration hits for 1200 normally and 1700 on a crit. I have zero problems usually, even on bosses. Belial barely hurt me with Diamond Skin and the Crystal Shell Rune.

As far as the monk goes they are freakin unstoppable, at this point, every time I use spirit I heal 4 points per point spent, so I use the roundhouse kick and am basically fully healed, plus all the Dexterity and dodge... I never see my monk's life go down and she just destroys everything so easily... Even more easily than the wizard.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I've played them all, Witchdoctor and now Monk the most.  I have to say the Monk is pretty damn powerful.  I hardly ever get into trouble.  They are all fun though in the their own way of course!

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Demon Hunter just beat Diablo for the first time in the game.  I'm really enjoying it and while the abilities seem to be over the top, I have one question about another class.  WHERE THE HELL DOES THE WITCH DOCTOR KEEP THOSE JARS OF STUFF ANYWAY??? lol

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Barbarian all the way. I just love crushing monsters. Although I do wish there was a Paladin type character in the game. Maybe someday.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

I'm liking the Demon Hunter actually.  Lots of tweaking but got a good build going now.  On a side note, I'm half way through Nightmare now but I still haven't found a single legendary item LOL.  I kind of like how hard it is to find them though, but I just hope I don't spill my coffee in shock when I finally find one...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

Lagged double post FTL

Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

This.

Not if you play a tank Barbarian. A friend of mnie went straight tank and he's been pretty useful on Inferno.

What is your friends name so I can see his build + gear. My barb friend is about to rage quit because he cannot do anything in act 2 or higher inferno. Bosses are tankable because bosses are kind of pansies in D3, but champions/unique mobs basically drop him in seconds unless he remakes games whenever he sees a bad ability combination. So far the only time he can beat any challenging unique mobs is if my Wiz and my other DH friend carry him, it is kind of sad how Wizard is tankier than Barb and does about 5x more damage on the run.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

Was thinking Witch Doctor but after Mike's mention of a "Battle Mage" above for the Wizard I'm having second thoughts... even though in most games I play the tank role.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

I was enjoying my Demon Hunter through the entirety of Normal Mode. I felt really powerful and mobile. Though, now that I'm in Late Act 2 Nightmare I'm starting to dislike him.

Demon Hunter is the squishiest of the classes. Warriors and Monks have an innate 30% damage reduction. Wizards and Witch Doctors can take a passive that reduces incoming damage by 20%. Demon Hunters get no such thing, so when they get hit, it hurts. If you're not solo its not a big deal. But if you are, enemies just ignore all your henchmen run straight to you. You can sometimes buy a bit more time for slow meleers with Vault or caltrops, but ranged attackers are relentless.

So far it seems the best way to solo is rely heavily upon smoke screen. Debating going so far as to picking up the +1 discipline per crit passive, the 10% crit (when wielding hand crossbows) and equipping dual crossbows. As well as equiping Rapid Fire (Hatred Reduction Rune). I'm thinking that might allow a really long upkeep for Smoke Screen, as with a high crit rate with the attack rate of rapid fire, it should regnerate discipline extremely fast, while the hatred cost of rapid fire is extremely low.

If crit rate can get high enough, it might be possible to equip prep (with hatred regeneration rune) for 100% uptime on both Rapid Fire and Smoke Screen.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

main is demon hunter and alt is monk.

i wanted to play one melee and one ranged.

• 0lly0lly Member Posts: 9

Playing as a WD, well it's kinda hard sometimes playing a NIGHTMARE mode, but WD is very usefull when he goes in to a support mode, with his buffs and debuffs. He's kinda irreplaceable.