Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaiderZ: Post-PAX Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During last month's PAX East convention, our team had a chance to get their hands on RaiderZ and found that the upcoming MMO was incredibly polished and tons of fun. In the intervening weeks, we managed to catch up to Co-Producer Mark Hill to talk a bit more about RaiderZ. Check it out!

MMORPG: We missed our time with the first press beta event for Raiderz, so we were caught completely off guard by how polished and fun Raiderz is looking at PAX East. Where’s the game in terms of development right now? When can players expect to get into the beta and try out the monster hunting for themselves?

Mark Hill: Thank you for the kind comments. The Perfect World team was blown away by the overwhelmingly positive response from the crowds at PAX East. We’re currently hard at work preparing new content for the next RaiderZ beta phase and aim to have it ready by Q3 this year.

Read more of Bill Murphy's RaiderZ: Post PAX Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111

Cant wait for this game to come out.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Soldier101

Cant wait for this game to come out.

same, first f2p i've ever actually anticipated.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I tried the game out and was impressed with the fluid combat.

• VikinWalrusVikinWalrus Member UncommonPosts: 1

I hunger for MOAR!!!!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Game sounds great but PvP obviously isn't on their priority list if it's still in development and he coudn't shed any more light on it (obviously he's got no idea himself) and end game seems to be dungeons, grinding....Zzzz boring.

Too bad sounds like a great game with terribad end game.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Game sounds great but PvP obviously isn't on their priority list if it's still in development and he coudn't shed any more light on it (obviously he's got no idea himself) and end game seems to be dungeons, grinding....Zzzz boring.

Well, theres allways the good part of be F2P:

We can play a little, stop playing if get bored and back again when we want, allways without spend any money for it.  :)

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

No armor dropping from mobs? That was a bad decision. Lets see how cash shoppy the conquest crafting system is.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Neiken

... Lets see how cash shoppy the conquest crafting system is.

Well, its Perfect World......

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

I tried the game out and was impressed with the fluid combat.

I actually think  the combat is better than Tera's,the mobs are harder and have better AI as well.Also,this game was in development before tera so there is no "raiderZ copied tera" for the Tera boys and girls to shout about.

• khm3rthugkhm3rthug Member UncommonPosts: 43

ok this game is called raiderz, but there is no raid content announced?

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Comments like this always make me cringe... "End Game Content" is the worst idea to ever grace online games, no matter how successful they are.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by Morv

Comments like this always make me cringe... "End Game Content" is the worst idea to ever grace online games, no matter how successful they are.

Why's that. I for one play for the end game content. I've been playing GW for 7 years now because of the eng game Guild vs Guild battles. That's a great example of a great game with great end game content as far as I'm concerned.

Cringe all you like but my comment is valid.

• YellowbearddYellowbeardd Member UncommonPosts: 83

Ya i heared that before incredibly polished my ass.

• revengecyrevengecy Member UncommonPosts: 21

personally i found the combat to be smoother in RaiderZ but overall Tera's combat is better especially in terms of Dodging which was a bit buggy but that was due to it being Alpha Beta so i guess they will fix it. fighting with monster parts is awesome,  for example if you fight a unicorn you can break his horn off and use it to fight (when you are using monster parts they have their own set of skills) so it makes it interesting.

Also you can fight while mounted which is also awesome but you use specific mount skills which change depending on the mount. Overall this game is awesome for F2P, graphicly its a bit lower than Tera which is still above high in todays MMORPGs. I didnt get a chance to PvP though but im assuming PvP will get a lot of attention.

• AgapaionAgapaion Member Posts: 9

So it's basically a free fully online Monster Hunter game. I can dig that! The crafting system sounds just like Monster Hunter Tri's crafting system, where the mobs drop pieces that get crafted into specific armor and weapon types. I wonder if it will have gear trees like in MH, with some gear having multiple possible armor/weapon outcomes that are craftable depending on the stats and look you want.

Looking forward to this, I just wish there was more to do than just fight.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well now I don't need to pay $50 + a sub fee to play an action-based MMO.  Not that I'm certain I'll like it any better than Tera, but the price is nice.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I like the idea of the game, but honestly I've seen how PWE works. They always have these really cool looking games, then get a bunch of people playing then introduce some cash shop item that you HAVE to buy to continue being competetive or even doing the content. The company itself basically invented the definition of Pay to Win games.

• Dogmadude360Dogmadude360 Member UncommonPosts: 20

This is essentially monster hunter online released for the western audience. I'm highly interested.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MackehMackeh Member Posts: 164

Looks very carebear to me.

Don't know when devs will realise that unless you create a world that is dangerous i.e. you can be attacked by other players (Faction v faction) while you are questing or the game becomes boring and will no doubt fail.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

the graphics, large weapons and slinky ladies makes this game look like Tera.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Morv

Why's that. I for one play for the end game content. I've been playing GW for 7 years now because of the eng game Guild vs Guild battles. That's a great example of a great game with great end game content as far as I'm concerned.

Cringe all you like but my comment is valid.

How is making an instant lvl 20 character and rehashing PvP battles "end game content"?

It's a diversion, at best, and is about as boring as playing the same maps on CoD over and over is. True "endgame" is "metagame". Ask EVE or Mortal Online.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

I dont know very much about this game but i laugh like hell after the first question:

MMORPG: We saw a lot of the combat, but can you tell us a bit about the other more MMORPG-esque features the game has?

----------

Mark Hill: Besides RaiderZ’s action-focused combat system, another unique aspect is its unique boss battles. MMO veterans can expect these epic monsters to get much more up close and personal. They will pick you up, throw you, smash you, or even eat you. At higher levels, players will need to work together closely in coordinated parties to conquer the most challenging encounters. We’ll be talking more about how players can discover new bosses and monsters and see what it's like to use their own limbs to defeat them at E3!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For sure this is differents features from combat lol..

Lol it like hey man i saw a fraction of your garden it was nice there was a lot of blue flowers, can you tell me what other kind of thing we can see in your garden?

-

O yeah i have big blue flowers, little blue flowers and some unique blue flower who can eat you and throw you etc etc......

-

For the game that look cool but perfect world..

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

It sounds kind of like a cross between EQ style MMO and GW2 style MMO. I will have to keep my eye on this one to see how it pans out and if it suits me. If these two MMO's can create good weapon based skill systems this might make for a nice alternative combat system for a line of future MMO's.

While I definately like the item based skill system - I also like a more traditional skill system which you build which allows you to use certian weapons etc. Although I would like to see more class less systems and more general skill based systems where you can pick from a list of skills similar to perhaps Secret World(although I have not played Secret World yet) but something similar to it but perhaps different yet still.

In any case this sounds interesting.

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea either, but that doesn't mean it won't be someone elses.