Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who played last beta lag free

2»

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Last stress test was flawless for me, from the first minute. I guess they corrected issues from the 1st BWE.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Lag is very different to low FPS

Lag is things like rubberbanding, ability delay, action delay etc etc

Low FPS is having low frames per second in busy areas or areas that are complex to render.

I have a pretty rubbish rig (Q8400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, HD4650) so played on low, then balanced graphics settings, and experienced neither lag, nor low FPS

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

pritty much :) other than when there was stupid amount of players around me 

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

I did :)

• I didn't play completely lag free.  That is impossible.  But I had a pretty smooth experience in WvW and the large boss fights that zoom you out (ice dude and shadow dragon).

i7 920 2.67Ghz

6GB RAM

64bit windows 7

ATI radeon 4870x2 (one card)

I played with my graphics settings on low/medium though.  Any lag I got wasn't really graphics based.  But going all the way up, while playable, was not ideal FPS.

• ohdearmeohdearme Member Posts: 1

never had any lag at all but how are you guys finding what the fps was i couldint find any options for that

i5-2500

8gb kingston ram

64bit win 7

3gb nividia geforce gtx580

1tb wd caviar black

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

i5 750 somewhat overclocked

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gB, also slightly overclocked

4 gigs DDR3 1066

Win7 64 bit

Cable internet

I played with all settings maxed except shadows (medium( and anti-aliasing (off). 1900x1200, framerate rarely dipped below 30, was usually over. no noticeable lag except for maybe 2-3 spikes through the entire event.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

A8 1.8

6GB

512MB AMD Radeon 6620G

72Mbps internet

I had only 3 instances where it lagged for a small interval and those were in my personal story instances.  I reported the issue, as it was recurrent in the specific spot.  I was disconnected twice at that part of the story, but the third time's the charm.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Who played totally lagfree even in mass events wth 50 to 100 players on your screen. Please post your system specs if you where totally lagfree. (40+ fps in mass events) It will help those people currently considering to buy a new GW2 ready pc. And yes i know the client was less optimised, but if you can do it now, you certainly can if the client gets optimised

Me except for a a few hiccups at the central keep when we had a HUGE 3 way going but I wouldnt call it lag, it was more like a slight FPS drop.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ColeguillaColeguilla Member Posts: 23

No lag most of the time, just 2 random moments with 10 or 20 secs of lag, one was the server about to shut down (Ruins of Surmia). For a stress test I think it was remarkable, and much better than the last beta. Nothing even with fraps recording a vid, yo can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7OAXjpxv8k&list=UU9xejmBFDNihTDk19KK_RiA&index=1&feature=plcp. Maybe you think it runs slow, it was recorded 30 frames due the full HD, so think the game for me was running perfectly fine. I also played a lot in 3D stereo (the game is amazing in 3D btw,  first MMO I played this way with everething running perfect) max settings and full HD, running the game smooth. In this mode I only had a fps drop rate In a boss battle with about 30 charrs or more at the same time, maybe 25fps or so, but still playable. For a game without the official drivers released I think it was pretty nice.

W7 64

i72600k

GTX580

8GB

50M cable

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

I didn't get a chance to play for long, about an hour at most. It was my first time in the beta and I was really enjoying it, but graphically it did feel a little laggy, I'm putting that down to a mixture of my PC spec and an unoptimised engine though.

The game does look fantastic though, not sure I should be playing it on such high settings at 1920x1080 :)

Q9450 at stock, Geforce GTX460 V2, 8Gb RAM.

• ODrifterODrifter Member Posts: 18

I had no issues

i7-2600K
    8 GB  Corsair Vengeance
    Radeon HD 6790 - 1GB - HIS IceQ  

ASUS P67 PRO

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

I did experience some lag in WvW on the first day, but after that i had no problems whatsoever (apart from login issues). I aslo played fairly 14 hours or more with everything set on max-ultra (aslo made some customization outside from the game on my graphic card),

I have:

Intel i5 2500k  @4.0ghz

GTX 560-ti Hawk @950ghz

ram corsair vengeance Lp 2x4gb 1600mhz

64bit windows 7

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Who played totally lagfree even in mass events wth 50 to 100 players on your screen. Please post your system specs if you where totally lagfree. (40+ fps in mass events) It will help those people currently considering to buy a new GW2 ready pc. And yes i know the client was less optimised, but if you can do it now, you certainly can if the client gets optimised

i did have some lag friday, but that was server issues and it was all gone by saturday evening. not sure what my computers specs would have to do with that.

my computers perfromance was adequate.

my fps stayed good though throughout the beta. i can't say i had 40+ because i only notice visually when they hit about 20-25 fps and did not run a fps monitor.

i5-2500k

radeon 6850

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

I got one or two minor lag spikes, but nothing major.

Rig:

ASRock S1155 Z77 Pro4, DDR 3

DIMM DDR3 8 GB PC3-10667 CL9 Kingston Value Kit

Intel S1155 Core i5-3570K (3,40 GHz)

Sapphire Radeon HD7870 (2048 MB)

Western Digital Caviar Green 2000 GB, 64 MB, 6Gb/s

I got more, but that's not relevant for gaming.

Edit:Missed couple of zeroes.

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

Since I can't decide if you're asking for "graphical performance" or latency issues, guess I'll list both:

In W^3 I got between 10 - 20 FPS with a decent amount of people around, playing on lowest settings. However it should be noted that playing on lowest or highest settings barely made any difference.

Regarding latency I had a few spikes ofcourse, but generally there was no latency issues.

Specs:

i5 2500k OCed 4.2 ghz

Sapphire HD6950 2gb (Was running 2x of these in CF at first, but the game runs better with the second card removed)

Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz

Windows 7

I seriously hope they fix the performance, cause playing the game below 30 fps with a newish rig really sucks.

• maskmurdamaskmurda Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Exekile

Since I can't decide if you're asking for "graphical performance" or latency issues, guess I'll list both:

In W^3 I got between 10 - 20 FPS with a decent amount of people around, playing on lowest settings. However it should be noted that playing on lowest or highest settings barely made any difference.

Regarding latency I had a few spikes ofcourse, but generally there was no latency issues.

Specs:

i5 2500k OCed 4.2 ghz

Sapphire HD6950 2gb (Was running 2x of these in CF at first, but the game runs better with the second card removed)

Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz

Windows 7

I seriously hope they fix the performance, cause playing the game below 30 fps with a newish rig really sucks.

No one remember seeing the post on the GW2 forums about Overclocking and performance issues? They pretty much said due to client issues overclocking your CPU will NOT boast improved FPS due to client limitations, and they said for optimal performance to return all settings to stock for playing the game. Which was mind boggling to me. That is possibly why most people had performance issues regardless of system spec. But I do believe that the biggest delay in the launch of the game is optimization for all CPUs(just like windows 7, most AMD FX users would really have to wait for Win8 to come to harness the power of their FX CPUs). Since we are posting system specs:

Crosshair V Formula ROG(mobo)

amd FX 8150 O.C. 4.5ghz

HIS Iceq 6970 2gb

120gb SSDD

1TB HDD

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB

Although I knew the cause of my performance issue I wasn't going to underclock lol.