Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Days and Hacked!!

Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Diablo 3 has only been out a week and when i signed on this morning All my stuff was gone along with my cash. nic when people hack your non multiplayer game and take everything. Blizzard has the worst security in all gaming industry me thinks.

Comments

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

btw sorry this post went in GW2 wasnt paying attention

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Major69er1

Do you use an authenticator? If not, then all I can say is you weren't protecting your account very well.

The only way someone else could get your password is if you told them, or have a keylogger virus, or you put your password onto a dodgy website.

In other words, if you get hacked on a Blizzard game it's probably your own fault.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

It probably isnt great ... but knowing this ahead of time ...a 3$ authenticator or w/e it costs would seem worth it.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Valua

Do you use an authenticator? If not, then all I can say is you weren't protecting your account very well.

The only way someone else could get your password is if you told them, or have a keylogger virus, or you put your password onto a dodgy website.

In other words, if you get hacked on a Blizzard game it's probably your own fault.

No way Jose its not his own fault, this society is sick, people dont know whats right and wrong anymore, probably the hacker was a schoolkiddo not even realising he was doing criminal acts.

But in this sick society an authenticator is a good idea.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

No way Jose its not his own fault, this society is sick, people dont know whats right and wrong anymore, probably the hacker was a schoolkiddo not even realising he was doing criminal acts.

Thank you for being a intelligent human being.  I love how when we get hacked it's our fault because we weren't doing enough to protect our accounts.  I love that the company has no accountability in it, nor the hacker.  Interesting what we're willing to put up with because we have no choice.

• DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55

Fully agree, it's sad that everyone assume's the victim's an absolute idiot and was at complete fault, when it's usually something out of their hands. Getting hacked is never okay, no matter who's at fault. I think a lot of MMO players have got the "too bad, so sad" mentality, and that's quite pathetic. Instead of suggesting what to do, like "contact customer support, tell them what happen, Blizzard might help you out", it's "Haha you must've been an idiot and typed in your password somewhere". 

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

LOL this is what we all want a single player p2w game, I havent bought a Blizzard product since WoWs BC expansion and looks like it will be awhile before I buy another.I hope the fan boys enjoy getting out there wallets as if 60 bucks wasnt enough they will have to pay more.

source

And you bought the game... why??????

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

I admit, I played WoW for a month, within the first two weeks of playing, I hadn't been to any dodgey sites, virus free due to new har ddrive, and only windows updates and wow download and AVG Pro. Within the first week, my e-mail was spammed with mail. I used one e-mail account. for WoW, a newly created one. No other site had that e-mail address except hotmail.  My inbox was beginning to get flooded with spam and phishing. All of them got deleted

Within two weeks of game play, at level 40, I was hacked, and my account was suspended due to a gold spammer.

1. How did they get my details? 

2. Why did I start instantly getting spam thru my mail, if not down to loose Blizzard security.

3. I have not had any other game account hacked for any game. Other than Blizzards: WoW.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Archeangel

Thank you for being a intelligent human being.  I love how when we get hacked it's our fault because we weren't doing enough to protect our accounts.  I love that the company has no accountability in it, nor the hacker.  Interesting what we're willing to put up with because we have no choice.

Blizzard or any other company can't protect people who do not take proper precautions to safeguard their passwords. The OP couldn't pay enough attention to post this thread in the correct game...do you REALLY think he's likely to pay enough attention to safeguard his password properly?

I say the odds of his password being "12345" are pretty high...

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

While the authenticator and protecting your inoformation is a good idea and should be practiced, to say its his fault is incredibly ignorant and insensitive.  But then, like Bachus said, this type of respose doesnt surprise me these days.  Sorry Major...hope you get it resolved.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

There are many methods for getting into a person's account without having to hack them directly. In Rift, there was a fault in the authenticator that wasn't known about until release. Pretty much a person that wanted to, could go into anyone's account, as long as they had the character name and server. You can guess how easy that would be... just say anything in area chat, and you are a target.

Assuming its always the user's fault is being very narrow minded. Sometimes it is, other times it is not.

Sorry you got hacked, and I hope you get your stuff back.

• DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by akathos

I admit, I played WoW for a month, within the first two weeks of playing, I hadn't been to any dodgey sites, virus free due to new har ddrive, and only windows updates and wow download and AVG Pro. Within the first week, my e-mail was spammed with mail. I used one e-mail account. for WoW, a newly created one. No other site had that e-mail address except hotmail.  My inbox was beginning to get flooded with spam and phishing. All of them got deleted

Within two weeks of game play, at level 40, I was hacked, and my account was suspended due to a gold spammer.

1. How did they get my details? 

2. Why did I start instantly getting spam thru my mail, if not down to loose Blizzard security.

3. I have not had any other game account hacked for any game. Other than Blizzards: WoW.

Same situation with me, I took every precaution when dealing with such a "high activity" game like WoW: complex password, seperate email, avoiding suspecious sites, etc. Despite all this,  two months in, I recieve a email for Blizzard (the real Blizzard mind you, it was a certified by hotmail email) that there was suspecious activity on my account and that it has been suspended. Seems more of Blizzard's fault than anyone else.

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

Gmail also has a free smart phone authenticator. I found out about it after my email was hacked. Ever since I started using it, everything has been great.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Moved thread to Diablo 3, but since this is being discussed already, let's keep discussion to this thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/351953/Diablo-3-accounts-hacked-gold-and-items-stolen-.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.