Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Favorite Diablo III Classes (So far!)

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Join us for this week's The List as we share our picks for our favorite Diablo III classes (so far!).

I outright dismissed this class when Diablo III was announced. I’m not into the whole Ace Ventura voodoo motif, so I was mostly turned off by the outward appearance of the class. However, having played alongside a friend of mine who mains a Witch Doctor, I’ve come to appreciate the serious variety in spell effects and functionality that the Witch Doctor brings. It’s a visually interesting class to behold and there are simply tons of options to choose from.  I’m definitely going to have to give this class a closer look.  Also, you can create a tower of zombies as a Witch Doctor. SOLD!

Read more of Michael Bitton's The List: Favorite Diablo III Classes (So far!).

Comments

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

I play the monk as my main at the moment, I love it! But the barbarian is also reallyyyyyy nice.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Really like Monk, and Barbarian too!

oh, and a little Witch Doctor sprinkled in there too!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

atm i,m on nightmare with my witch doctor..its awsome,love it when 30+ mobs show up and i just explode the hounds,hehe carnage.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Nice write up, Mike.

Hmm, I only played Demon Hunter in the beta. ... Maybe that has to do with my mediocre experience ...

Most of D3's classes honestly don't tickle my immersion glands so much and the DH came closest. Hence I picked it.

I guess I'll have to wait for a Paladin class because I really digged the plate wearing, shield bashing, mace wielding knights in shining armor of D2.

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97

Monk For Life!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Segun777

Monk For Life!

Sounds like an Occupy related festival, possibly aimed at supporting Tibet, tbh.

:)

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

None

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Play as a female monk. Although, i did try out the other classes & the only other one that I really liked was the wizard - the female one has a good arrogant attitude going on :D

(On an entirely different note - OMG DarkPony!)

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

demon hunter>monk>although favoring monk more as i level him....witch doctor.....barbarian....wiz.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I hadn't planned on playing a Barbarian on release. I was actually going to play a Monk and maybe hit up Barbarian at a later date, but my friends decided to all make monks and I wanted to add some variety. So I jumped on a Barb and I haven't looked back.

Monk in beta was a lot of fun as well.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

So far, I'm playing the Witch Doctor through Nightmare mode, and LOVING IT!

From hurling jars of jumping spiders that home in on adjacent enemies to flaming skulls that bounce across multiple targets for massive splash damage, to pouring down pools of acid that spawn acidic blobs, the list goes on and on...

The gargantuan can basically tank anything in the game, the zombie hounds make me think of Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons", when he'd tell Smithers to "Release the hounds."

Sooo much fun!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I really dont' like most of the classes but picked Demon Hunter. It's fun if not a little ridiculous.

I was playign a barbarian and my roommate comment that it really didn't seem like me. Which it isn't. Kind of wished there was a regular warrior.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Aww.. but I really like my demon hunter but Im prone to peer pressure waa!

• Faran_BrygoFaran_Brygo Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I have played every class through the end of Act 1 on normal except Monk (which I’m working on now).  No favorite yet but each class is fun to play within its confines.  Barbarian really has a nice tactile feel of  being capable of mowing down huge numbers of mobs. I’ve heard that Demon Hunter might be overpowered, but I haven’t seen it yet. That's the only character that has died for me so far. Witch Doctor IS overpowered, way overpowered. Spell effects and animations are pretty cool for that class. Too bad the whole concept is a little too ooga-booga for my taste.

Honestly, it’s 2012, and we get animation on the character creation screen that looks like it’s straight out of that bad James Bond film about voodoo from the early 70s, complete with a chicken-waving, prancing native type. Then they compound it by making the voice acting (for the female part, at least) sound like the stereotype for every “Magic Will Smith” role that has ever been done. At least she’s not voiced like the biotch the female Wizard seems to be or just a real hard a-hole like the male Barbarian. But the witch doctor art concept really passed vetting? Really? Wow. I'll probably just stick with the Wizard because as good as the Barbarian seems to be at close combat, I can forsee the Wizard might be a little more flexible at higher difficulties.

I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by theniffrig

Play as a female monk. Although, i did try out the other classes & the only other one that I really liked was the wizard - the female one has a good arrogant attitude going on :D

(On an entirely different note - OMG DarkPony!)

Yeah, the rather arrogant attitude the Female Wizard has is thanks to a certain female lightning-slinging firebrand from a show that the same Voice Actor played.

As for me? Barbarian and Demon Hunter so far. Barbarian because me likey smashy. Demon Hunter because while the class is awkward as f%^& when it comes to its movement skills, and could really use a tune-up with some of the skills oomph-factor, part of me just cant resist twin-crossbows and rapid fire.

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    Barbarian by far /flex!

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Demon hunter atm-like the monk though and witch doctor

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Wizard is my top so far.  Every time I level up that awesome lightning spell or acane orb I was using changes and gets surprisingly cooler.  I am squishy however and it's noticeable in nightmare mode, hehe.  Witch Doctor takes awhile to get good I think, and seems to have lulls in between certain levels where you feel OP one second and UP the next.  Seems the kicker in this game is getting them all to 20+ to see what they can really do.  It's all good though, lots of fun to be had.

• Demon Hunter. I love it. I love being mobile and difficult to kill while doing damage only rivaled by the wizard. I have several defensive abilities that make me the envy of my group in our hardcore mode.

Diablo 3 is so well constructed that every class is extremely fun. It really depends on your personality and play style.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I find every class real different , and each is fun in its way. So I enjoy all of them.

But Demon Hunter is both coolest  and most OP ;)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I personally enjoy classes that most people don't like to play so the witch doctor for me was my first choice. The other two i like in order are the demon hunter and the monk tho since i am a ranged fan i tend to like the demon hunter the most.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Barbarian so far.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

I'm in Act IV with my DH and it's a really great class imo and they look really nice. I'm trying to settle on my 2nd class for another playthrough but can't decide between monk and wizard. I really wanted to like WD but it just didn't click for me at early levels -necro plz :( - altho i really like how they look in later levels.

Barb seems so flavorless to me. It seems like a class that every other kid chooses when they first log-in, without even trying anything else because it's "rawr barbar". Altho it was fun when i tried it. Every class is fun in this game, can't choose :(

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    My dh is only level 21 and feels the most powerful. My wd is level 16 or so and is pretty fun. Think I was confusing people by throwing jars of spiders in the spider dungeon.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I am still literally not happy about there beeing no Necro. I know, I know old news. WD just isn't the same for me. Where are the sardonic little quips?Where is the freaking blood golem and the pasty "I need to get out more" contenance? I loved building Necro's more than I loved building stuff out of Lego. And I love building stuff out of Lego guys!.......Love it! ;)