Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone disappointed that Inferno has (apparently)been beaten?

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Apparently two wizards beat inferno Diablo on solo.  If Blizzard does confirm that Inferno was beaten this weekend I expect a nerf incoming for at least wizards and their damage mitigation.  They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time.  I know one of the wizards used an exploit, since patched, to get lots of rares.

I think it's kind of a bummer that the content was beaten so quickly.  Based on the offical forums, I don't expect barbs to do it any time soon though.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Apparently two wizards beat inferno Diablo on solo.  If Blizzard does confirm that Inferno was beaten this weekend I expect a nerf incoming for at least wizards and their damage mitigation.  They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time.  I know one of the wizards used an exploit, since patched, to get lots of rares.

I think it's kind of a bummer that the content was beaten so quickly.  Based on the offical forums, I don't expect barbs to do it any time soon though.

why would they. they already have your money.

Its not an mmmorpg, its not subjected to nerfs and buffs.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

IF its true (dont hink its been beaten just yet) then it must be koreans for sure.

ps: i have nothing against asian people......its just a known fact that koreans are very L33T gamers (wel, them and chuck norris :p )

Youtube link or it didnt happen.....

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Well, they are wizards, right?

They do stuff like that.

It isn't as if falling down in a volcanic chasm while defeating that Balrog in Moria was such an easy thing either. Damn wizards.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Not at all. All I care about is getting there myself and hopefully tackle it eventually.

Act II Hell at the moment :).

• cardjestercardjester Member UncommonPosts: 12

Who cares if some people have defeated Diablo on inferno?

It's not like that is "Ruining" the other gamers fun that are currently playing diablo 3 is it?

Cardjester /// Hellsplushie

Gamer for life, don't come to me complaining about grinding, getting pwnt or shit. I don't care

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I wouldn't call skipping almost every mob to the bosses beating it. In my eyes they really haven't beat it.

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

I still wait for a hardcore kill since softcore isn't really a challange having unlimited lives.

I bet hardcore kill will take months to complete.

The other thing is that "Diablo inferno kill" doesn't mean they actually did whole content. I guess most of people that beat inferno by this time skip/corpse run alot of areas they coudn't pass since bosses < champions. 

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

They have only killed the bosses by corpse teleporting.They would have wiped on the mobs before the bosses if they weren't exploiting the teleport. I am sure they won't be able to kill a group of elites. For some reasons the elites in this game most of the time hit harder than the bosses. Also they exploited the bug that ressing takes 2 secs instead of 10 sec. They died like 10 times on Diablo.

Also if you are a barbarian or monk you can get forget about beating inferno without farming a lot! At the moment only ranged classes have any chance in inferno.

Also just because someone else does, who's probably l33t, doesn't mean I will be able to do it. There was an argument that the game was easy because those guys have beaten the game. It's like complaining that football is easy because Messi scores goals all the time. Does that mean that your average gamer can do it?

Originally posted by LazerChicken

I still wait for a hardcore kill since softcore isn't really a challange having unlimited lives.

I bet hardcore kill will take months to complete.

The other thing is that "Diablo inferno kill" doesn't mean they actually did whole content. I guess most of people that beat inferno by this time skip/corpse run alot of areas they coudn't pass since bosses < champions. 

I serously doubt that anyone will be able to beat inferno on hc without some sort of exploit. Those people who killed Diablo on Inferno died like ten times and exploited the 2 sec res. HC will be a lot more difficult in D3 because you can't teleport to town instantly(10 sec cast interruptable), you can't leave the game instantly. So if you get stuck in a bad situation you're probably going to die.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by fivoroth

They have only killed the bosses by corpse teleporting.They would have wiped on the mobs before the bosses if they weren't exploiting the teleport. I am sure they won't be able to kill a group of elites. For some reasons the elites in this game most of the time hit harder than the bosses. 

Also if you are a barbarian or monk you can get forget about beating inferno without farming a lot! At the moment only ranged classes have any chance in inferno.

Also just because someone else does, who's probably l33t, doesn't mean I will be able to do it. There was an argument that the game was easy because those guys have beaten the game. It's like complaining that football is easy because Messi scores goals all the time. Does that mean that your average gamer can do it?

Thats because Elites and Champions are the mobs that drop the loot in D3. Theyre considerably harder than the bosses.

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by fivoroth Also just because someone else does, who's probably l33t, doesn't mean I will be able to do it. There was an argument that the game was easy because those guys have beaten the game. It's like complaining that football is easy because Messi scores goals all the time. Does that mean that your average gamer can do it?

Actually when you are browsing Bnet forums alot ppl scream for nerf allready 0.o

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by LazerChicken

Originally posted by fivoroth Also just because someone else does, who's probably l33t, doesn't mean I will be able to do it. There was an argument that the game was easy because those guys have beaten the game. It's like complaining that football is easy because Messi scores goals all the time. Does that mean that your average gamer can do it?

Actually when you are browsing Bnet forums alot ppl scream for nerf allready 0.o

Yep. Some people where in online tears because they couldn't beat Belial. On normal. The difficulty in this game is for everyone different. When Blizzard said that Inferno would be very hard, that people would die a lot and that it wouldn't be cleared as fast as the other difficulties, they weren't lying. Truth is that those people who cleared Inferno aren't just "normal" gamers. It's more work for them, if you look at some of the streams/blogs. That's the impression that I get from them at least.

The same can be said about that posts that complained that the game on normal could be cleared in around 5 to 7 hours. Perhaps, if you rush your way through the game. It took me around 20 hours and from the speed I'm clearing Nightmare, I would say that again 20 hours wouldn't be a miss there.

So no, while I'm a little bit disappointed that Inferno is already cleared by some (just a tiny bit, one can always hope for a difficulty like that super hard boss in FFXI), I haven't reached that difficulty yet myself. If I could get there in a few days, then I would be disappointed!

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by jusomdude

I wouldn't call skipping almost every mob to the bosses beating it. In my eyes they really haven't beat it.

This.

A pack of Illusionist Arcane Desocrate Shielding mobs are 10x harder than Diablo.  

The real challenge in this game is the elites/champions and stuff. Waaaaay harder than bosses by far. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

That any MMO gamer cares in anything other than a congratulatory manner says volumes about the state of modern MMOs.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Nitth

With the Real Money Auction House Coming SoonTM... it's in their best interest really.

If they leave sertain classes OP and others underbuffed and don't address obvious exploits.... then what you think will happen to the RMAH? Exactly... totally useless.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

I am *always* sad when people that aren't me do something I might do in the future.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by dubyahite
    Originally posted by jusomdude

This.

A pack of Illusionist Arcane Desocrate Shielding mobs are 10x harder than Diablo.  

The real challenge in this game is the elites/champions and stuff. Waaaaay harder than bosses by far. 

I just love it when Arcane Waller walls me in and pops three of his laser orbs. 10k health gone in about 2 seconds. It's true that elites are way more challenging than the bosses, if for no other reason than becuase you have multiple targets to worry about. Not to mention some REALLY nasty combinations can do you in real fast.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by JeroKane

With the Real Money Auction House Coming SoonTM... it's in their best interest really.

If they leave sertain classes OP and others underbuffed and don't address obvious exploits.... then what you think will happen to the RMAH? Exactly... totally useless.

If there're any exploits, then I'm sure they will fix that. However, using the tools Diablo 3 has, one can come up with great builds. For example, there's a wizard build that can handle mobs that hit hard but slow. There're some morons whining about that being "an exploit", while players only used the mechanics of the wizard really well. Besides, if you encounter a group of fast hitting mobs or got hit more then twice a second, you would die in an instant. Hardly an exploit, but some think that if you can beat Diablo with it easier then they can, it's an exploit. The same goes for a certain monk build, that centers on very fast regening spirit and self-healing (or something like that, I'm not up-to-date with our stoic brethren).

I read a lot of complaints about the barbarian being forced to use a shield in Hell/Inferno. If this is true and if there's no other way for a barbarian to survive there, then I'm sure Blizzard will fix this. A fun factor for me is that a lot of combinations are viable. Being forced to one specific build would be a waste in my opinion.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Because they want you to buy stuff from the RMTAH which they get their cut of?

There is actually a economical point to nerf, even if I can´t say for sure that they are going for it.

If the game had no AH you would be right.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

The wizzards beats diablo only with an exlpoit (sure it was not a forbitten exploit, but a leak in blizzards plans).

The pro-gamer clan beats diablo by teleporting and skipping the mobs, also an unclean way.

So diablo inferno is still unbeaten in the claen way, and im sure blizz will fix the eploits fast.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

That any MMO gamer cares in anything other than a congratulatory manner says volumes about the state of modern MMOs.

Yea, i totally agree with this. So a few very skilled players blitzed thru content, using exploits or not. Does not affect me at all. Or it should not, actually. I know there is some big drama about the game being online only, because of server problems etc. The reason why i don't like this online only Diablo gaming is - the people are going crazy. Some find Nightmare very hard and cry on official forums. Others consider Hell being a breeze and cry "the game is too easy". And now inferno's final boss gets killed and they ask for class rebalance, ranged nerfs etc. I totally dislike the fact that "MMO rules" apply now to my beloved game.

All i can say is: i've been hyped about D3 since they've announced it being in production. Since launch, i've been playing around 7 hours per day (for me it's an insane ammount of time put into gaming, and i consider it to be a lot for most people). I'm lvl 58, only in Act III Hell (using only normal play and AH for some items, no exploits etc). I'm sure i am not a top player but also i am not the worst. If that's the progress i've made, i can only imagine what kind of time did those players "finishing" inferno put into D3. Why should this "content clearing" thing affect the 99.99% normal, sane D3 players?

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

They put in a press release before the game came out that you'd be able to solo inferno, so no, not disappointed at all, Diablo is a genre ment to be replayed for years if not decades, how quickly someone beats something has no relevance to the rest of the Diablo gaming community, THIS IS NOT AN MMO.

Had me and my friends wanted to we coulda beaten inferno by now, but why rush it? Having fun farmin Hell

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time. 

Blizzard know how fast hardcore guilds and players run through content (look at WoW), so they were expecting Diablo to be beaten faily fast. But it will take tons of time to do the same for casual players, so what the point to be disappointed

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Have they done it with a hardcore character?  Then they haven't beaten Inferno.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Have they done it with a hardcore character?  Then they haven't beaten Inferno.

We won't see a hc inferno Diablo kill in months. It is ridiculously hard not to die even in Hell let alone Inferno. Those guys had to corpse teleport to bypass mobs and they died 10+ times on Diablo himself. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Well, they are wizards, right?

They do stuff like that.

It isn't as if falling down in a volcanic chasm while defeating that Balrog in Moria was such an easy thing either. Damn wizards.

+1

You get a e-cookie for that epic comment.