Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same community from BETA

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I just rolled on a PVE server and non stop its talk about EQ, WOW, how great this girls toons boobs are, ect

here's a snippet these guys were going on about EQ and WOW pretty much my entire time on the island.. 

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/sanosukex1/TERA_ScreenShot_20120520_174611.png

funny in other couple games I BETA tested this weekend almost no chat about toher games went on at all.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I just rolled on a PVE server and non stop its talk about EQ, WOW, how great this girls toons boobs are, ect

here's a snippet these guys were going on about EQ and WOW pretty much my entire time on the island.. 

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/sanosukex1/TERA_ScreenShot_20120520_174611.png

funny in other couple games I BETA tested this weekend almost no chat about toher games went on at all.

It's in every single BETA!  Including The Secret World beta weekends and every other beta I have participated in.

People always seem to talk about other games, except the one they are playing lol.  Seems to be the trend these days.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's in every single BETA!  Including The Secret World beta weekends and every other beta I have participated in.

People always seem to talk about other games, except the one they are playing lol.  Seems to be the trend these days.

funny in CB for TSW didn't get really any of this chat.. in GW2 got hardly any chat at all period.. this game it's been nonstop it was worse in BETA but now even after release it doesn't end and i'm not even on a PVP server which is generally 100x worse..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

funny in CB for TSW didn't get really any of this chat.. in GW2 got hardly any chat at all period.. this game it's been nonstop it was worse in BETA but now even after release it doesn't end and i'm not even on a PVP server which is generally 100x worse..

I can't comment on GW2 since I haven't played it, but TSW had a ton of this kind of chat during the ongoing closed beta.  Every time I log in, I get some of that.  

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

You are on the noob island so itll always be like that there. Trolls will roll noobs to troll like usual. Every game will talk about WoW for the next 10 years I'm sure.

Originally posted by RebelScum99

I can't comment on GW2 since I haven't played it, but TSW had a ton of this kind of chat during the ongoing closed beta.  Every time I log in, I get some of that.  

strange maybe because I'm out of kingsmouth.. but I don't see much of any. Most people are talking about trying to get answers to quests they can't figure out

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

strange maybe because I'm out of kingsmouth.. but I don't see much of any. Most people are talking about trying to get answers to quests they can't figure out

Well, I do think you get that kind of thing more in the early levels because you are dealing with people who aren't really that invested in the game.  As you get higher level in TERA, you see less of the Isle of Dawn kind of nonsense in chat.  I'm still not out of Kingsmouth in TSW.

Well, I do think you get that kind of thing more in the early levels because you are dealing with people who aren't really that invested in the game.  As you get higher level in TERA, you see less of the Isle of Dawn kind of nonsense in chat.  I'm still not out of Kingsmouth in TSW.

true.. it's always common in beta for any MMO, but at release it generally dies down once people are actually paying for the game..  I'm about to get off the island so hopefully it'll die down a bunch.. i remember in beta for this game I got to around 25 or so with a couple characters and it never stopped... but again that was beta.

• KiyonoriKiyonori Member UncommonPosts: 70

I have seen this happen in every beta/launch of every mmo I have ever played.

Anyways you're on the noob island so what do you expect? Starter zones at launch are always abuzz with junk like this, give it a month or two and everything will have died down.

In the 40+ zones you rarely even see anyone chatting at all outside of looking for groups for BAM's and dungeons.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I think that is in pretty much every game tho.

Early levels (especially games that have trials) is ripe with this kind of chat!  But when you move on to higher level zones, people are more seriously invested in the game they are actually playing and you see less of this kind of chat.

I play TERA myself now, saw a lot of this on Isle of Dawn, but now I am level 20 I hardly see this kind of chatter anymore.

I guess it also differs from server to server.

Originally posted by Kiyonori

I have seen this happen in every beta/launch of every mmo I have ever played.

Anyways you're on the noob island so what do you expect? Starter zones at launch are always abuzz with junk like this, give it a month or two and everything will have died down.

In the 40+ zones you rarely even see anyone chatting at all outside of looking for groups for BAM's and dungeons.

i know and I have as well I just found it funny I see it so much more in this game after launch than two other games I recently played that are still in BETA.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Even at higher levels, Area chat and especially LFG is full of people talking about how loli or pedo the elin are, which MMO is better than Tera, or which MMO's Tera is better than, and lots and lots of people complaining that LFG is being used for general chat and not just LFG....

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ya I didn't notice any chat in TSW remotely close to Teras. In fact I don't recall any at all during last weeks beta and I played earlier today and there wasn't any.

I think if they restricted Tera's area chat, say 1000 yards or something, it would help but they would probably switch over to the LFG chat, and mess that up. LFG is a bit calmer and I think it is more like a World chat on other servers. Maybe just moderators would be the cheapest and easiest way to stop it. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Byrhofen

Even at higher levels, Area chat and especially LFG is full of people talking about how loli or pedo the elin are, which MMO is better than Tera, or which MMO's Tera is better than, and lots and lots of people complaining that LFG is being used for general chat and not just LFG....

heh sounds like the fleets when i played SWTOR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Ya I didn't notice any chat in TSW remotely close to Teras. In fact I don't recall any at all during last weeks beta and I played earlier today and there wasn't any.

I think if they restricted Tera's area chat, say 1000 yards or something, it would help but they would probably switch over to the LFG chat, and mess that up. LFG is a bit calmer and I think it is more like a World chat on other servers. Maybe just moderators would be the cheapest and easiest way to stop it. 

LFG has become world chat and is pretty much a trainwreck right now, at least on Blightwood.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I just use the block feature.

Too many idiots.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I just use the block feature.

Too many idiots.

yea got 20 or so already

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Honestly once you get off the island of dawn it's fine, on every server island of dawn chat is:

A) Alienware.

B) WoW was the first MMO.

C) Something to do with sex.

D) Elin

I'm level 45 and have not seen someone talk about WoW, Alienware or whatever other nonsense since maybe level 30. Higher the level the more mature people get, area chat just becomes LFG in higher level areas. People usually are just linking BAM quests or dungeon quests and asking for groups, really not much discussions giong on at all. Level 60 zones is mainly people just linking weapons/armor to sell.

I just turn off LFG because it's being used as a world chat, however recently I saw some GMs popping in warning people, but TERAs GMs are too nice and every knows they won't do anything so they ignore it half the time.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Why do those people chat so much in BETA anyway.

They should tag people that chat to much and ban them from BETA, give their slot to someone else who spends more time playing and testing the game.

I'm always amazed by the redicilous chats and more about the length of the chats during BETA's. It's always a long wait to finally get in BETA, people should have better things to do.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

The community is pretty bad, specially on basilisk craig (pvp) where I played. Again, so much for p2p games having a better community.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Im kind of shocked there is EQ talk.  The average age of a TERA player seems way too low to have played EQ in Kunark ERA.  I remember someone did a survey in beta and the average ahe was indeed in the mid 20s, where the average age of (western) MMORPG players in general is mid 30s.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

The only talking about other games were on the noob island. After leaving it, I haven't seen much of talking about other games. 

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I don't really understand what this thread is implying.

TERA is weak because a small handful of humans playing it are speaking of random stuff on a zone-channel in-game?

Is that the implication here...?

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

TERA is weak because a small handful of humans playing it are speaking of random stuff on a zone-channel in-game?

not sure what you are implying or how you even came to that conclusion... my only point to this was I noticed a lot of people in this game are still ranting about old games doing the same old "barrens" talk they were doing in BETA. I also noted i had not noticed much of this at all on the two other games I recently BETA tested

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

No, I believe it is more of the maturity level, and the disgusting way they represent the game through the chat system. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I don't think i've ever been on an MMO that didn't have an absurd local/global chat conversation happening at some point.