Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is why furries will always win the internet...

KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjwHqc2ZII

Charr Cubs are pretty cute:)

Comments

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

and a lot like normal kids WHY! WHY! lol

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

OMG LOL!!

Was that for real, I mean the voice overs?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

And this is why I ended up making a Charr even though I swore I wouldn't. Those charr cubs are the cutest thing, but that whole race has so much character. I ran into the conversation in that video actually, it reminded me of that episode of Star Trek were Worf was trying to teach his son some traditional Klingon things and the poor kid just didn't quite get it.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

The more I hear of the voice acting, the more I like it, though Norn females just sound wrong to me.

• Originally posted by Eir_S

The more I hear of the voice acting, the more I like it, though Norn females just sound wrong to me.

But they have huge tracts of land.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Same. I found they sounded a little too dainty, myself. I guess I sort of expected the "SnooSnoo" chicks to be speaking from their mouths, seeing as how they're so much bigger and more powerful than human women.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

This just shows how ArenaNet used it resources way better than Bioware in TOR.

In TOR you get cutscene with NPC who gives you quest to kill 10 rats, apart from that they are static and world feels dead.

GW2 uses sound and VO to make world feel alive and ambient and effect music really suck yoou in the world, not to speak of dynamic content.

Yet again we see that innovation > static formula and huge marketing campaign. Hats of to you ArenaNet !!!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by gestalt11

But they have huge tracts of land.

They've got huge something alright..

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Norn in Eye of the North, I thought were very well done.  Jora hunting her brother was great, a good balance of drama and gameplay.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779
    Originally posted by Hokie

OMG LOL!!

Yeah.

I was a lot more impressed with the in-game npc voice acting, than I am with the personal story (captain thackaray cinematics...). 

It sounds natural and real when you hear the random world chatter. Notice how the kids change their voice level - this is the difference between a monotone voice over and a good one. bad actors / voice actors they keep the same voice level throughout their dialogue. they don't shift in pace like you would in real life, but these kids do it. 

"burn my fur" laawwls!

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I love these little touches - they really bring the game to life.

The really great thing is that these things will happen of their own accord all over the game world regardless of whether you do, or dont do something.....or different things will happen depending on what you do, or dont do.

Stumbling across gems like this really adds atmosphere

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Originally posted by Kalfer

OMG LOL!!

Yeah.

I was a lot more impressed with the in-game npc voice acting, than I am with the personal story (captain thackaray cinematics...). 

It sounds natural and real when you hear the random world chatter. Notice how the kids change their voice level - this is the difference between a monotone voice over and a good one. bad actors / voice actors they keep the same voice level throughout their dialogue. they don't shift in pace like you would in real life, but these kids do it. 

"burn my fur" laawwls!

In game VO is FAR better than cutscene VO.  I don't think that is the actors though, I think its the dialog and context of it.

I am pretty sure the in-game and cutscene VOs are often done by the same actors.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Kalfer

"burn my fur" laawwls!

In game VO is FAR better than cutscene VO.  I don't think that is the actors though, I think its the dialog and context of it.

I am pretty sure the in-game and cutscene VOs are often done by the same actors.

I agree as well. I'm much more pleased with the world NPC voice-overs than the instanced personal story ones.

There's a discussion about it on the beta forums, and it sounds as if Anet is a bit tied up on that issue. They basically chose a very 'white knight' approach to the personal story, and as a result it does feel a bit contrived. It's odd, because I think this may be the first RPG I've played in which the game world seems to have a more indepth story than the main storyline. With any luck, the VO will get better the further we get into the personal story, though. Not really counting on that, but luckily the personal story isn't really a selling point for me. Would be a nice touch though.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

HaHa awesome!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

OMG LOL!!

Yeah.

"burn my fur" laawwls!

Same here. Some of the personal story dialogue is cringe worthy and the voice acting is not exactly top notch. The world chatter dialogue is amazingly done, however. Not to mention a lot of it is very funny.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Nice, another thing I must do when the game opens, creating a Charr character.

Thanks a lot  -.-

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by heartless

OMG LOL!!

Yeah.

"burn my fur" laawwls!

Same here. Some of the personal story dialogue is cringe worthy and the voice acting is not exactly top notch. The world chatter dialogue is amazingly done, however. Not to mention a lot of it is very funny.

it's either that or spend all their budget on top notch voice acting like swtor. i'd rather a good game world opposed to a good narrative

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by heartless

OMG LOL!!

Yeah.

"burn my fur" laawwls!

it's either that or spend all their budget on top notch voice acting like swtor. i'd rather a good game world opposed to a good narrative

Good point. Agreed.