Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What /dance moves would you like to see in GW2

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I LOVED the Necro's thriller dance in GW1 and it made me think what dances they could imitate in GW2 in a similar fashion.

I had a few ideas:

Necro: HAS to be Michael Jackson - Thriller again

Elementalist: Los Del Rio - The Macarena(!?)

Mesmer: Rocky Horror Show - Time Warp

Guardian: MC Hammer - Cant touch this

And I really hope they include the dance sync command again so we can all do mass syncronised dancing ;)

Lets see what great ideas we can come up with :)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• ElifiaElifia Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by stragen001
    I LOVED the Necro's thriller dance in GW1 and it made me think what dances they could imitate in GW2 in a similar fashion.I had a few ideas:Necro: HAS to be Michael Jackson - Thriller againElementalist: Los Del Rio - The Macarena(!?)Mesmer: Rocky Horror Show - Time WarpGuardian: MC Hammer - Cant touch thisAnd I really hope they include the dance sync command again so we can all do mass syncronised dancing ;)Lets see what great ideas we can come up with :)

Don't you think they'd base your dance on race and gender this time? Otherwise they'd have to make 80 different dance animations, as obviously a Charr can't do a dance exactly the same way as a human.

"I'll lead, you follow."

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I would love to see a system where you gether all kind of different moves and then compose your own dance containing those moves.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VeshiVeshi Member UncommonPosts: 32
  • KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779
    Originally posted by Veshi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUnWIs88CQ

This one

Yeah but thats because it's Kate Upton. The original video is beyond dumb.

If you want dumb in a funny way, it gotta be move it like bernie; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuLSw5aS-8

Def. a Norn dance. They are the wannabe gangstas.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Also Believe in yourself cover dance; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npnhbC5cHe4&feature=related

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Elifia

Originally posted by stragen001
    I LOVED the Necro's thriller dance in GW1 and it made me think what dances they could imitate in GW2 in a similar fashion.

I had a few ideas:

Necro: HAS to be Michael Jackson - Thriller again

Elementalist: Los Del Rio - The Macarena(!?)

Mesmer: Rocky Horror Show - Time Warp

Guardian: MC Hammer - Cant touch this

And I really hope they include the dance sync command again so we can all do mass syncronised dancing ;)

Lets see what great ideas we can come up with :)

Don't you think they'd base your dance on race and gender this time? Otherwise they'd have to make 80 different dance animations, as obviously a Charr can't do a dance exactly the same way as a human.

That's not necessarily true, it depends on how the skeletons are built and what kind of system they're using to animate. Anet has their own software built in-house for their games, so they could have already counted for this kind of thing. No matter how different a mesh (the character) itself looks, the bones that animate it might not have that much variation. It wouldn't be hard to transfer animation from one skeleton to another, though some tweaking would be involved. Nowhere near the amount of course, that it takes to build a game from the ground up, just to put it in perspective.

Dances per race/gender would be nice, but I'd still prefer the class-based dances. It would be fun to have a line of various various all doing the same dance. Imagine a Charr, Asura and Norn, side by side, doing Party Rock. That would be hilarious.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

head banging

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I'd like to see a release date dance.....o/    Then I'll do the funcky Chicken Dance from the 70's ;)

Asbo

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

I hope they bring back the "Elaine" dance (from Seinfeld) for the Elementalists (or any profession/race). That was always my favorite dance... with the thumbs and the kicks haha

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

I wonder if they will eventually sell dance moves in the cash shop; would be a great way for them to make money and a fun (and dangerously easy) way for us to spend our money haha

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by joocheese

I wonder if they will eventually sell dance moves in the cash shop; would be a great way for them to make money and a fun (and dangerously easy) way for us to spend our money haha

i would buy them :P

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

I know it sounds like a party pooper thing to say, but the whole gimmick of incorporating popular dances into MMOs has been done to death. It was funny the first time, but it's been repeated (with varying degrees of success) so many times that it's really not inventive or funny anymore. 

Calm down, I'm sure they'll do it (as evidenced by the asura video), but I hope they don't feel they have to play that game across the board just because it's been done so many times before.

I'd prefer it if they created dances that captured the spirit of each race without resorting to pop culture reference. Not that I care that much either way, it's just a bit of fun, but I'd rather be surprised by creativity than mollified by continuation of the status quo.

They've been so creative in so many areas of this game, I'd trust them to come up with something entertaining of their own.

Perpetuating these things (popculture puns as quest titles is almost mandatory, pop culture dances are expected) reminds me of that guy that SO wanted a name, but it's taken (right there's a hint that it wasn't THAT original, move on, someone beat you to it) so he adds a 'Z', to find that's been taken too! This continues until we have Arm-o-lassz (leg was taken) wandering around expecting interaction from me but I'm too busy vomiting to type. No one wants that.

I think they have the talent to create something Tyrian, entertaining and inventive without resorting to motion capturing recognizable modern dances. I'd prefer those were rare if available at all, and as mentioned above a great example of a fun item for the MP. 

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

the Charr should definately have some samba moves.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The game already has the dance close to what I wanted. The freaking ears are part of the dance!

This one for the human male though.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

[Dougie] just because.

[Beef it up]

"Watch me flex"

Be cool if you can have the option to dance with someone else or interact with someone else(No intercourse though lol)

Just throwing some things out there, all I do at the club is two step and have my hands up bobbing to the music, but those are some popular dances, do take note they are urban dances I guess, er body be trying to teach me how to do dougie(Song name).

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

"Def. a Norn dance. They are the wannabe gangstas."

meh,they seemed more viking type dudes to me.but i dont know,norn females kinda looked cool

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by heartless

The game already has the dance close to what I wanted. The freaking ears are part of the dance!

Ayyeee I digg the Asura one if that's really it.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by heartless

That's fantastic. Though I think Kappa is a weird name for an Asura.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Nothing even remotely resembling something out of pop culture.

No thriller, vogue, dougie, macarena, or whatever. just make some cool looking, original, ethnic dances for each race. 

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

Engineers should be able to do a Robot Dance....