Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul nearing commercial release, adding Summoner class

AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

There was a new article released from Massively yesterday:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/23/blade-and-soul-nearing-commercial-release-adding-summoner-class/

"NCsoft is loath to talk about its Blade & Soul martial arts MMORPG here in the West, so we have to rely on third-party fansites and Chinese/Korean translations for most of our info. The latest such comes courtesy of MMO Culture, and it features an interview from a recent Tencent Games media event with a couple of newsworthy notables.

First up is the fact that upcoming Korean and Chinese Blade & Soul beta phases will feature the new Summoner class. Not much is known in terms of class specifics yet, but the site says that it boasts an "easier" and "more relaxed" playstyle than other classes.

The interview also touches on Blade & Soul's business model and its impending release. Despite the fact that NCsoft titles like Aion and Lineage II have recently committed to free-to-play in North America, the firm isn't talking about any particular Blade & Soul payment model just yet. Finally, MMO Culture reports that Blade & Soul "is currently near the end of the development phase for commercial release," and given the lack of info on a Western client, we expect said release to be exclusive to the Chinese and Korean markets for now."

In my opinion, NCSoft is going to fully focus on Guild Wars 2 for 2012 [for the West] (being the year of the Dragon) and I think they have some ways to go before releasing additional info for us here in the West. So far all we have is a "placeholder" website. If release comes out soon for the Asian markets and the results are positive, then chances are we might see an early 2013 release. However, if there are hiccups along the way it may delay till 3rd or 4th quarter 2013, we shall see!

Comments

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    The sad thing is this game has some of the best twitch gameplay on the market but a western release is not looking very likely anytime soon.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Very interesting game, but like Archeage, very far from a western release.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Good news folks, seems they made the announcement about an hour and a half ago letting folks know that the winners of CBT3 have been given out. You should be able to log in now and download the client.

Time to play Soul & Blade & Summoner & Long Cat.

CBT3 won't start till May 9th (although those that got accepted to prior betas got an early access).

Chances are I will be playing Summoner and maybe one other class, depends on how things go!

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Good news folks, seems they made the announcement about an hour and a half ago letting folks know that the winners of CBT3 have been given out. You should be able to log in now and download the client.

Time to play Soul & Blade & Summoner & Long Cat.

CBT3 won't start till May 9th (although those that got accepted to prior betas got an early access).

Chances are I will be playing Summoner and maybe one other class, depends on how things go!

How does one join the beta.?

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Played Kbeta and was shocked at how much fun this game was...I'm a pvper, so when I saw beta had no pvp I turned it off.  However, if they announce either faction based or owpvp i'd be in for this one.  For those unsure about the combat...it was quite unique.  Not a tab target or an aim to shoot...picture playing street fighter 2, or Double Dragon, or something like that...feels like an arcade game and it was really fun. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• asf131asf131 Member Posts: 7

this game will release on June 21

Open Beta starts on June 21st. I am not sure if there will be a wipe between that and release. I am not sure how long the open beta event will run. On a good note it seems they are no longer going to use the fatigue system. :)

• tuzalovtuzalov Member Posts: 183

ya they dropped the fatigue thank god,been playing this since cbt1 and alot has changed.I expect a na release in september.

Just a quick update. You can now download the Blade & Soul OBT client (I think it went up yesterday). You can reserve the server, race, and class you want as well as creating your character and name. This event will go from June 16 starting at 2 p.m. up to June 17 at 11 p.m. K.S.T.

OBT will start on June 21st.

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

There was a new article released from Massively yesterday:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/23/blade-and-soul-nearing-commercial-release-adding-summoner-class/

"NCsoft is loath to talk about its Blade & Soul martial arts MMORPG here in the West, so we have to rely on third-party fansites and Chinese/Korean translations for most of our info. The latest such comes courtesy of MMO Culture, and it features an interview from a recent Tencent Games media event with a couple of newsworthy notables.

First up is the fact that upcoming Korean and Chinese Blade & Soul beta phases will feature the new Summoner class. Not much is known in terms of class specifics yet, but the site says that it boasts an "easier" and "more relaxed" playstyle than other classes.

The interview also touches on Blade & Soul's business model and its impending release. Despite the fact that NCsoft titles like Aion and Lineage II have recently committed to free-to-play in North America, the firm isn't talking about any particular Blade & Soul payment model just yet. Finally, MMO Culture reports that Blade & Soul "is currently near the end of the development phase for commercial release," and given the lack of info on a Western client, we expect said release to be exclusive to the Chinese and Korean markets for now."

In my opinion, NCSoft is going to fully focus on Guild Wars 2 for 2012 [for the West] (being the year of the Dragon) and I think they have some ways to go before releasing additional info for us here in the West. So far all we have is a "placeholder" website. If release comes out soon for the Asian markets and the results are positive, then chances are we might see an early 2013 release. However, if there are hiccups along the way it may delay till 3rd or 4th quarter 2013, we shall see!

I have been waiting forever to get my hands on this game. But sadly the NA version seems 2-3 years away.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

looks so great.. action combat with some actual speed to it and grappling! i don't see it coming here till winter 2013 at the earliest though:(

i also like its got a interesting looking story to it as well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg