Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you ever dream to play games?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I rarely did, and I know my dreams pretty well. Last night I dreamed I was playing GW2! Sheesh. I really want to play it. Too bad, even for a pre-buyer no beta, only the rare open beta. *le sigh*

The only other game I ever dreamed to play was WOW. Go figure.

Did you ever dream to play a game? Or even dream to be in a game?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Dozens of times, and my usual reaction is to ask myself, mid-dream, "why am I even playing this pile?".

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

few times. but then again, i dreamt of work, too. or travelling. or many different things i wanted or was into. it happens.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Few times.

Rarely though - dreams of real life things or just abstact things are much more frequent.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

No dream about a specific game that I've been anticipating comes to mind but I have vague recollections of one or two.

What is far more common for me is dreaming about games that I've been having marathon play sessions with. Dreaming about games that I already own and am thrashing is far more of a regular occurrence but they probably just worked their way into my head because I was spending too much time on them already.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by ozmono

No dream about a specific game that I've been anticipating comes to mind but I have vague recollections of one or two.

What is far more common for me is dreaming about games that I've been having marathon play sessions with. Dreaming about games that I already own and am thrashing is far more of a regular occurrence but they probably just worked their way into my head because I was spending too much time on them already.

That's the funny thing. I know I used to dream about WOW back then, because I played it like silly.

GW2 I only played half a day yet! Talking about anticipation. XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by ozmono

That's the funny thing. I know I used to dream about WOW back then, because I played it like silly.

GW2 I only played half a day yet! Talking about anticipation. XD

If you really want to get into this think about this, I watch avatar the movie, so I created a charector to look exactly like that, next I saw Gladiator the Movie and then decided to make a charector that same, then I started to remember old video games like street fighter and some other charectors and decided to make one that look the same, then I saw Guild Wars 2 and Play the Beta Stress Test, and everything I saw on you tube was ther but more awsome becouse the graphics are really good and the world also I was really impress I also think you can be anybody on Guild Wars 2 if you want to be Clint Eastwood You Can have Duel Pistols =) if you want to be like Conan well that be easy, if you want to be like avatar you can also, if you want to be like pewee herman well that be 2 easy,  if you want to be something else, well we got the char, the cute mini I forgot hes name, and the tree people haha :D I dont know ther races, So when Guild Wars 2 comes Out Guess What  am going to be?     I will Be BATMAN.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I've dreamt about games. Usually after I spend a LOT of time playing them :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

When I start to dream about a game, I tend to wake up. Usually because it doesn't make sense or fit in my dream or it isn't believable enough. Its like my mind rejects games when I'm sleeping.

Can't remember the last game I dreamt about tho.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

First time I got a gameboy and played to much pokemon...  I was just walking down some route that doesn't exisist avoid grass and trainers because all my dudes were low on health with no potions.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

I dream I'm naked ALOT and its doesnt bother me, does that count ?

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I used to before when I used to be addicted to games but havent done so recently, it's mainly due to how I would be planning strategies and the alike before I would go to sleep. Plus most games nowadays don't require that sort of thought. 

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I dreamed of running home as fast as I could to play a virtual reality game, only to keep ending up in Texas...

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I've dreamt about games. Usually after I spend a LOT of time playing them :)

Me too sometimes. :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Doom, AC and UO are the only ones I think I ever had infiltrate my dreams. I think Klax did once, also.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    It was a late night pvping on my witchelf on War hammer. I woke up in my kitchen because in my dream I was invisible and I was about to pounce on my kitchen chair. So yea, no more late nights pvping for me.