Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA $25 on Amazon

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

The digital download version of TERA is $25 on Amazon, and it comes with a month of gametime.  For anyone on the fence about picking this game up this is a fantastic deal.  I like the game myself but there are dozens of in-depth reviews for anyone who wants to read more about it, and lots of youtube videos as well.

If you like MMO's without non-cosmetic cashshops you should definately try TERA, not that you have much choice.   It is TERA or Rift for major MMO's from 2008-2013.

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

do you have a link? still says 50 bucks, been watching it all morning.

nevermind, searching "tera" instead of "tera online" found it!

thanks!

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Amazon always has the best deals for anything on the market, I really love that site.

Anyways, for anyone on the fence, $25 ain't much with a month of game time included really. Collectors edition also went on sale incase anyone didn't know.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I think most people are more concerned with the sub cost.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Any idea of the dates of the sale and if they would include "box" versions. At that price I want to get 4 to distribute in my gaming clan but quite a few are overseas and Amazon doesn't do the digital download outside of NA (as far as I can tell)
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I didn't like the game but that's just because i've grown out of that type but $25 is an excellent price for those who still enjoy games like TERA.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Reas43
    Any idea of the dates of the sale and if they would include "box" versions. At that price I want to get 4 to distribute in my gaming clan but quite a few are overseas and Amazon doesn't do the digital download outside of NA (as far as I can tell)

Apparently the sale runs through the 26th.  As for buying 4, you should simply by able to get 4 digitital download copies from Amazon, which will give you 4 keys.  The keys are all you and your friends need.  They can download the game directly from the main website (En Masse's Tera website), and all they have to do is enter their amazon key when they make their Tera account.

As for subscription price, a 3 month sub is $11-12 per month.  And as I said earlier, if your personal preference is an MMO without a non-cosmetic cash shop, that is what the sub pays for.  And for those of us with this preference, there are very, very few options these days in the MMO world.  In the past 4-5 years I think only Rift, TERA, and SWTOR use this model.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This week long sale seems to be working as intended.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/289966/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_vg_2_4_last

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

damn games only been out couple weeks thats odd

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Damn thats tempting. Such a good game.... Not sure though, have FFXIV, D3, and soon GW2 to play... so many good games this summer!

for 25 i figured what the hell couple of my buddies are playing from work.. keep me busy for a month till TSW comes out:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

It is Amazon that's losing the money, not Tera.

'Loss leaders' is common in the retail space where the retailer will take a loss to get people into its doors.

Amazon has been very agressive in the digital space and even touts "SteamWorks' games as a feature in its game sales.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

It is Amazon that's losing the money, not Tera.

'Loss leaders' is common in the retail space where the retailer will take a loss to get people into its doors.

Amazon has been very agressive in the digital space and even touts "SteamWorks' games as a feature in its game sales.

either way don't think I ever seen them do this to a MMO that hasn't been out for even a month.. I'm happy though for $25 ill happily give it another go

geez what happened to this forum no one posting here anymore? games only been out two weeks and forum movement has moved ot a halt.. I would have figured this $25 buck thing would have peaked a little more interest 

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

geez what happened to this forum no one posting here anymore? games only been out two weeks and forum movement has moved ot a halt.. I would have figured this $25 buck thing would have peaked a little more interest 

If it was worth $25, then I m sure it would peak more interest. It s a meh game at best.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Funny, I just managed to unsub today, the feature was broken on the website and I had to contact a GM to stop it. I think I might of made it through all the boring quests if it was not for the horribly juvenile community.

The wait for GW2 contunues...

Originally posted by Leucent

If it was worth $25, then I m sure it would peak more interest. It s a meh game at best.

heh well I played beta and mostly enjoyed the artstyle but found the classes themselves very generic and uninspired.. but for 25 bucks Ill give it another shot at least till TSW comes out.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by strangepower

Funny, I just managed to unsub today, the feature was broken on the website and I had to contact a GM to stop it. I think I might of made it through all the boring quests if it was not for the horribly juvenile community.

I did the exact same thing but didn't have to contact a gm. I too got bored of the quests and the filthy community. I wish all the best to those who can stick with it!  Good luck to you!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by strangepower

this is always the case when excessive cleveage and MMOs come together... brings out the absolute worst gamers in existence unfortunatly

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Coz the entire EME forum is spammed with cash shop and lancer thread. For anyone don't know about the lancer issue is people complaining about some lancer been douches and kicking zerker or just leaving party after dps wait liek 1hr+ for party. And you know since its the forum everyone wants to come up with their own retarded solution thats never going to happen because a soluation is already in the testing phase -.-

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Coz the entire EME forum is spammed with cash shop and lancer thread. For anyone don't know about the lancer issue is people complaining about some lancer been douches and kicking zerker or just leaving party after dps wait liek 1hr+ for party. And you know since its the forum everyone wants to come up with their own retarded solution thats never going to happen because a soluation is already in the testing phase -.-

thats all fine and dandy on the EME forum whats that have to do with THIS forum.. its a ghost town only two weeks after launch posts aren't moving.. most MMOs at least on first month forums here are blowing up with either good or bad(mostly bad) but either way usually you see thread movement.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Is the game worth it?

What kind of end game is in place for this game? raiding and what not?

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

thats all fine and dandy on the EME forum whats that have to do with THIS forum.. its a ghost town only two weeks after launch posts aren't moving.. most MMOs at least on first month forums here are blowing up with either good or bad(mostly bad) but either way usually you see thread movement.

This forum has never been active, always the same few posting most of the time. Only ever now and than there is a boom of post. Also most random poster are all posted in D3 now.

Originally posted by tank017

Is the game worth it?

What kind of end game is in place for this game? raiding and what not?

i'd say its worth 25 bucks to try it out if you like MMOs unless you hate asian style art then maybe not.. 

This forum has never been active, always the same few posting most of the time. Only ever now and than there is a boom of post. Also most random poster are all posted in D3 now.

during the beta weekends this forum was 10x more lively. Now a post sits on page one for days.. lot of the fanboys were hailing this game as the next big thing(what's new?)... oh well for $25 ill play it again for a little bit.. didn't get to try out all the classes in beta anyway.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

because those who like the game are actually PLAYING it, not spending the entire day typing gospel about how one game is better than another.