Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Beta Weekend Incoming

13»

Comments

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    [mod edit]
  • LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Sad. so sad. Never seen a thread on here NOT escalate into flame wars and trolling.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Still no key and I've had a Runic account since they anounced closed beta signups. Too bad the TSW beta weekend is so limited. I already finished all of the content Funcom unlocked, about 9 or so quests.

Oh well.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

They are going to lose so many sales by taking so long to release it.  I'd be surprised if they sold even half as many copies as the first one did.  If they released last year at this time they would have grabbed a bunch of people that got impatient waiting for D3.  At this point their best bet will be the TL MMO, assuming that's still on track.  A Massively Mutlipayer DClone could be interesting or a complete mess.

Its a good thing Diablocraft 3 was so utterly disappointing, then. 

And as the unreasonable hype for it is dying down as reality sets in, A whole lot more of people are interested in TL II now, I'd say.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by Yuui
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

They are going to lose so many sales by taking so long to release it.  I'd be surprised if they sold even half as many copies as the first one did.  If they released last year at this time they would have grabbed a bunch of people that got impatient waiting for D3.  At this point their best bet will be the TL MMO, assuming that's still on track.  A Massively Mutlipayer DClone could be interesting or a complete mess.

Its a good thing Diablocraft 3 was so utterly disappointing, then. 

And as the unreasonable hype for it is dying down as reality sets in, A whole lot more of people are interested in TL II now, I'd say.

+1.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

WOOHHHOOOO FINALLY! GOT MY KEY :D I am a happy boy.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by heartless

Still no key and I've had a Runic account since they anounced closed beta signups. Too bad the TSW beta weekend is so limited. I already finished all of the content Funcom unlocked, about 9 or so quests.

Oh well.

Check your email now, they automatically enabled existing accounts for it some time during the night/

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35

too bad runic doesnt know their ass from their elbow. their website and forums are a goddamn mess. they dont recognize my username, password, and emails most of the time.

example: i try to resend my forum info to my email and they say that email is not in use. so i try to register. what happens? the email is already in use.

so which is it? i know what it is. runic tries to bite more than they can chew and thats why they fail.

the main website / in game login is the same mess. the only time i can login is when i reset my password and after doing it about 3 times now, im pretty sure what the password is. too bad they still dont seem to know what my username or email is.

i guess the beta also applies to their login servers, because they clearly need it.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

Must find a way to sneek into the beta I singed up etc

Originally posted by WarWitch

Must find a way to sneek into the beta I singed up etc

The beta keys are meant to be tied to our accounts but i'm PM'ing you both of the ones they mailed me last night just in the hope one of them works, i already had access so have no need for them if they work for you.

I finally got access to beta and I have to say that I'm plesantly surprised. It is a really fun game.

I finally got access to beta and I have to say that I'm plesantly surprised. It is a really fun game.

By that comment i take it you haven't tried the first game? It doesn't have multiplayer other than a semi-working mod and is smaller but it's also surprisingly good. It's only £3.75 this weekend and well worth it IMO http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Torchlight-UK/5001683/?cid=tluk051812

kinda disappointed with the game

Originally posted by Kabaal

By that comment i take it you haven't tried the first game? It doesn't have multiplayer other than a semi-working mod and is smaller but it's also surprisingly good. It's only £3.75 this weekend and well worth it IMO http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Torchlight-UK/5001683/?cid=tluk051812

whats the mod you mentioned?

I actually have played the first one. I liked it but could not get into it for some reason. This game though, I love. It's what Diablo 3 should have been. Going to pre-order ASAP.

I actually have played the first one. I liked it but could not get into it for some reason. This game though, I love. It's what Diablo 3 should have been. Going to pre-order ASAP.

Could just be a state of mind thing then fella. Games like Dungeon Siege 2, Titan quest and even sacred 2 sat on my games shelf for a while before i got into em.

When you're in the mood you're in the mood.

Could just be a state of mind thing then fella. Games like Dungeon Siege 2, Titan quest and even sacred 2 sat on my games shelf for a while before i got into em.

When you're in the mood you're in the mood.

I took your advice. I pre-ordered Torchlight 2 from Steam got Torchlight 1 as part of the package. Installed a texture pack mod and I am having a great time with the game. Hopefully T1 will hold me over until T2 releases.

Thanks. image