Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I go ahead and download the client?

RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

I just prepurchased GW2 from Gamestop, BTW it was a headache because I had to switch my physical copy from them switched to a digital version so I can get a prepurchase cd key, should I go ahead and download the client from the website for the next BWE?

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by RodimusPrime

I just prepurchased GW2 from Gamestop, BTW it was a headache because I had to switch my physical copy from them switched to a digital version so I can get a prepurchase cd key, should I go ahead and download the client from the website for the next BWE?

Seems a good idea.

Just in case you wait until the BWE and then 80 million people are trying to download it and you can't.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Yea, better download it now and see if all is working fine :)

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah, it's a no brainer to download it now and make sure you aren't having any installation or authorization issues well in advance. The worst that can hapen in that they force us to download a new client for the next BWE, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Always better to download a 12.8GB client now and download a 1GB patch later than having to download a 13.8GB client later.

Especially if your ISP has limits in place.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

You would be quite mental if u did'nt Anet could release this now as technically at least on my comp it running like a dream and as they did before they anounced a had hoc  stress test so they could do it again,and it really is AAA infact i think we should defiine GW2 as AAAA as it's been buffed shined  up to be the best release in the gendre.

p>
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Definitely download it now if you intend to play the next BWE.  And then boot it up every few days to keep it updated and of course update it the day before the BWE starts.  That way you can pretty much just jump right into the game.   Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

Do it, if you can, on the last BWE many people had trouble to download on the last moment.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I fired up the launcher earlier today and it updated the client.  I just want to play. -_-

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

I don't think that they will use the last BWE's client for the next one, because things may change. I believe that they will add Sylvary and Asura so even if you have the last client you will need some very heavy patching. Also don't worry about downloading it when beta is announced, ANet's servers are very good so even if millions of players are downloading you can still download at maximum speed. Last time I was downloading at 1.1mb/s (megabyte and not megabit) and i took me less than 4 hours.

Sorry for bad English. :)

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Definately download the game if you want to play in the next beta!  Takes a few hours to download, but then you'll have it ready to go!