Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EME Opens up The Cash Shop

1234568»

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Yes, everyone that buys the game is a customer, however there are proper channels for everything. Are you actually trying to argue that Ukaei wasn't wasting this GM's time with an agenda-driven attempt to coax the exact response he wanted to post to the forums?  Are you saying that this exchange, one that the GM is actually not qualified enough or informed enough to answer, was a legitimate use of the support representative's time?

Your rage against the machine seems to have you a bit blind to the fact that Ukaei had an agenda, or do you really feel his opening question was genuine?  If you do feel it was genuine, do you agree that it is false, or do you really feel he was being charged for the extra content?

Rage on,boy :)

Nope, much easier to assume he planned out a line of questions to get a response...to post...on forums...for attention.

Right...rage on...boy...derp durp hurr durr!

darn...should have done that with a tinfoil hat on.

Oh wait I know, Ukaei is part of an internationla plot to waste GMs time to post messages on forums to turn the world against the game!

YEAH THATS IT!

If you don't see it, then that's fine... and expected. ;)

The entire conversion means nothing because in the TOS (as people already pointed out) that EME has right to add in a cash shop. So whatever he feels really has nothing to do with this at all. When you made an account you signed the TOS, you agree to it that this game will have a cash shop. What more is there to debate over? If you feel like it is not right than don't play simple as that.

• BeenGamingBeenGaming Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Well I complained to enmasse and this is what I got in a response to my email.

"Thank you for this feedback! We appreciate you letting us know about this concern. We will take this into consideration for future developments!"

However i was browsing the Tera forums and I found this which is more interesting.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Youre-money-pays-for

"I spoke with a GM and asked him what the purchase of the game and subscription entitles us to. I emphasized on the subscription because I assumed what purchasing of the the game entitles us to. If you doubt this chat log then I can provide a screeny. I'll just assume you guys trust me.

Chat starts:

GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Hi, my name is GM Fing.Fang.Foom. How may I help you?
    Ukaei .: Hello, I'd like to know what buying the game and paying a monthly fee entitles me to. I am a bit confused because I don't understand why I'm being charged extra for content such as the vanity items. =/
    Ukaei .: I know its optional but still.. its content that should probably have been part of the game.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: What are you being charge extra for?
    Ukaei .: Sorry, wasn't clear on that. I mean, like, why is content being taken out to be resold. Doesn't the game purchase and monthly fee cover all content? Including those vanity items?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Was it content that already existed that you are referring to?
    Ukaei .: Ultimately, I'd like to know what purchasing the game entitles me to.
    Ukaei .: And the subscription.
    Ukaei .: Yeah, them vanity items. Obviously they were part of the game client, and with a stroke of a button it became unlocked in game. Doesn't my purchase of the game and subcription cover these vanity items?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: What items?
    Ukaei .: The Vanity items you guys have on sale that rival end game items.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: They are not the end game items though. They are additional content we will continue to offer exclusive items from time to time the ones you are referring to are only available for a limited time.
    Ukaei .: I said they just rival the end game content..
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: They are simply for people who want to stand out from the crowd special items that not everyone will have.
    Ukaei .: But shouldn't the purchase of the game and subcription over for these items?
    Ukaei .: cover*
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Not if there new additions as it says the game is ever evolving.
    Ukaei .: So my subscription doesn't cover for new content?
    Ukaei .: Will I be charged for future patches and bug fixes?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: I didn't say that there is plenty of new content to come.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: You are no being charge for anything unless you want those vanity items in question.
    Ukaei .: Okay.. what exactly does a subscription for $14.99 entitle a customer then?
    Ukaei .: And, isn't vanity items new content? Under what catergory then vanity items fall under.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Access to the servers is what you subscription is for.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: *your
    Ukaei .: Just access? Could you guys possibly charge me for patches in the future? Omghosh.. You guys should tell people right away what their money is entitling them to. =/
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: I highly doubt we would charge for a patch since it is an update to fix problem or add new content. That doesn't restrict us from selling special items for those who want them. If you don't want them that's okay. There are plenty of in game items that are even harder to get just by playing.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: *Novelty items are not trade-able, sell-able, or discard-able.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: We have added these options by popular demand for such services.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: I can give you the link to the terms of service if you would like.
    Ukaei .: Just access to the servers... you guys are no better than some money hungry f2p game then. Basically, if my sub is only paying for server access, then I can possibly be barred from accessing certain game content, for instance, the vanity items. I purchased the game due to its wonderful aesthetic character looks, and yet, it seems I'm being limited to what I can access.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: You taking what I said out of context.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: No one is barring you from anyhting?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Those didn't exist before
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: It is in the terms of service under # 7 Service Interruptions and Changes to TERA
    Ukaei .: They were available in K Tear, right? Or are you guys developing items for vanity over content for free? What will you guys prioritize. New content that's free or vanity items.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: We are not charging you any thing extra.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: K Tera is not affiliated with En Masse.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: NHN is the company that has the license to that.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Frogster has Europe
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: 3 separate entities.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: That's why we are all on different servers.
    Ukaei .: I understand. However, what are you guys prioritizing; free content for everyone or Vanity items. From what I can tell you guys are prioritizing Vanity over free content, right?
    Ukaei .: I'm assuming you guys have been working on Vanity Items for over these past two weeks.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Where are you seeing this on our web site?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: I am confused. If you would like me to pass along a suggestion about the game I can do that.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Let me ask you this then. Have you played other MMOs?
    Ukaei .: Yeah, I am too.. Very confused and shocked. Suggestion: Get rid of the Vanity Cash shop, or tell people up front what their purchase of the game and subscription entails them to before they invest in the game.
    Ukaei .: Yeah I have; WOW.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Ok and wow charges do they not?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: For a wide array of things. I am not trying to compare us to WOW but Should we not charge for expansion packs then?

Ukaei .: Mounts and pets is their motto, right? Not item contents that psychologically and significantly impacts you're game play.
    Ukaei .: Charge for expansions but include all content.
    Ukaei .: Please.
    Ukaei .: I'll gladly pay more to have access to all content.
    Ukaei .: On top of access to server also all content as monthly subscription.
    Ukaei .: How about that suggestion?
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: Sure I can pass that suggestion along if you would like.
    Ukaei .: $20 or $30, as long as I fully have access to the game. Alright, I think I'll ponder and contemplate whether Tera will have a future in my life. You've been great and honest, I really appreciate that.
    GM Fing.Fang.Foom: No worries I can do that.  "

I bet they erase it from their forums.

This chatlog is the funniest thing I've read on this website in my short time browsing here. All I can assume is GM's must get a decent laugh out of imagining these kinds of conversations being breathlessly typed by some worked up MMO gamer, the same way I'm sure Rent-A-Center employees get a good laugh out of repo'ing couches from people too lazy and irresponsible to pay their bills.

If this wasn't just a convoluted excuse to yourself to complain about something and you really think about things the way you depict in this chat log, no one is ever going to take you seriously about anything. This is like a child pointing out that a normal fact of life is just "so unfair".

If your weapon graphic is severely impeding your ability to play the game (or more specifically, the fact that there is a weapon graphic out there that you simply don't have), then do yourself a favor and stop playing MMO's and loot-based RPG's. They seem to be enabling an unhealthy aspect of your personality.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well I am sick and tired of Enmasse playing these games with Key Features of the game or what I believe is a key feature being removed and charged Extra for what I beleive was part of my $15 a month subscription

So I have filed a complaint here.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-gaming/en-masse-entertainment-in-seattle-wa-22689503

And Here is proof.

http://tinypic.com/r/255i5nd/6

At this point I really don't care if enmasse decides to ban me or not, based on the Email I got from the company they do not really take it seriously.

As far as Tera's so called agreement, I never agreed to anything, because their agreement says I agreed to a Manual, and gave me a URL with no agreement, while there is one somewhere I am sure it is not on that URL therefore I was never aware of one so the most they can do is remove the account but beyond that the game is already dead in my eyes.

So if others want to help complain and get your voice hear by them use the link above and take a number.

Well I am sick and tired of Enmasse playing these games with Key Features of the game or what I believe is a key feature being removed and charged Extra for what I beleive was part of my $15 a month subscription

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-gaming/en-masse-entertainment-in-seattle-wa-22689503

And Here is proof.

At this point I really don't care if enmasse decides to ban me or not, based on the Email I got from the company they do not really take it seriously.

As far as Tera's so called agreement, I never agreed to anything, because their agreement says I agreed to a Manual, and gave me a URL with no agreement, while there is one somewhere I am sure it is not on that URL therefore I was never aware of one so the most they can do is remove the account but beyond that the game is already dead in my eyes.

So if others want to help complain and get your voice hear by them use the link above and take a number.

So you specifically believed that some weapon reskins developed at some point after the initial game code that was never mentioned in any purchase agreement was in fact part of your purchase? Well, I don't see how anyone couldn't take you seriously.

• TormDKTormDK Member UncommonPosts: 101

So they want me to pay 10 USD to avoid fighting with a lance as a Lancer.

Makes sense! (It's something I am considering right now, I can't stand the lances but adore tanking)

Originally posted by BeenGaming

And Here is proof.

So you specifically believed that some weapon reskins developed at some point after the initial game code that was never mentioned in any purchase agreement was in fact part of your purchase? Well, I don't see how anyone couldn't take you seriously.

Wasn't talking about Skins for weapons, or additional armors created after the game.

I am talking about their $9.99 Character Recustomize Tokens they are selling which I am required to buy if I want to change colors of hair, or I get a new armor set and decide to change my character a couple of times a week they expect me to pay $15 a month and then an additional $9.99 each time I want to change any little detail which is part of the game already which I basically bought a license to use the content which came on my CD including all the things I used to customize my character in the begining.

If they want to sell additional Vanity items or costumes I have no problem paying for it as long as it is account bound, and I can customize my character as much as I want at any time I want, this is the exact same reason I quit Aion.

While people have debate, there is also something similar I found funny, I find myself basically mislead by their company, as a MMORPG company I believed that $15 a month would get me access to all the game had to offer except paid services like gender/race change, or server transfers.

I was also mislead by their so called EULA, which I just checked again and when you go to register an account there is no TOS presented to you, and also the Game manual gives me an address that doesn't actually link me directly to any TOS, or agreement therefore I am to assume there is none while I am sure it is hiding around somewhere my point is that their product is very misleading and needs serious changes to inform people before they buy the game of these additional charges they will have to pay if they want to enjoy the game I want to, some people said it was in an agreement somewhere well good I never actually agreed to anything, or saw one for that matter so it is very misleading.

I heard the rumors about the game on their own forums having a vanity shop, but never at any time did they actually mention I would have to pay $9.99 to change my characters apperance each time, and some even talked about them saying this on facebook, or twitter, does enmasse really expect every customer to be informed about these things if they are shopping their local GameStop store and see it. In fact when I ordered my game I got it directly from Enmasse and they never showed any premium item shop or even told or talked anything about it.

Character Recustomization should be free, additional content added to the store after that they have a right to charge, but all key parts of the game should be included in my subscription and to me this is a key feature, and I have dropped my sub until they change it for free even if I don't play Tera again.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by doldid

So first you buy the game 50 euros, and pay 13 euros a month for membership.

And they add a cash shop, is there an end to greediness?

Its a shame because i was planning to try this game but now seeing how greedy the owners are, im not sure if i want to.

The cash shop has absolutely nothing that is essential to buy.  It consists of some basic services like name changes and appearance/race changes, and one different skin for the weapon that each class uses.  That's it.  Nothing is even remotely needed in the shop.  So let's not start losing our minds over a cash shop that is, quite frankly, pretty underwhelming.  

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Wasn't talking about Skins for weapons, or additional armors created after the game.

I am talking about their $9.99 Character Recustomize Tokens they are selling which I am required to buy if I want to change colors of hair, or I get a new armor set and decide to change my character a couple of times a week they expect me to pay $15 a month and then an additional $9.99 each time I want to change any little detail which is part of the game already which I basically bought a license to use the content which came on my CD including all the things I used to customize my character in the begining.

If they want to sell additional Vanity items or costumes I have no problem paying for it as long as it is account bound, and I can customize my character as much as I want at any time I want, this is the exact same reason I quit Aion.

While people have debate, there is also something similar I found funny, I find myself basically mislead by their company, as a MMORPG company I believed that $15 a month would get me access to all the game had to offer except paid services like gender/race change, or server transfers.

I was also mislead by their so called EULA, which I just checked again and when you go to register an account there is no TOS presented to you, and also the Game manual gives me an address that doesn't actually link me directly to any TOS, or agreement therefore I am to assume there is none while I am sure it is hiding around somewhere my point is that their product is very misleading and needs serious changes to inform people before they buy the game of these additional charges they will have to pay if they want to enjoy the game I want to, some people said it was in an agreement somewhere well good I never actually agreed to anything, or saw one for that matter so it is very misleading.

I heard the rumors about the game on their own forums having a vanity shop, but never at any time did they actually mention I would have to pay $9.99 to change my characters apperance each time, and some even talked about them saying this on facebook, or twitter, does enmasse really expect every customer to be informed about these things if they are shopping their local GameStop store and see it. In fact when I ordered my game I got it directly from Enmasse and they never showed any premium item shop or even told or talked anything about it.

Character Recustomization should be free, additional content added to the store after that they have a right to charge, but all key parts of the game should be included in my subscription and to me this is a key feature, and I have dropped my sub until they change it for free even if I don't play Tera again.

Ok your suprised at teh fact character recustomization cost money? Where have you been? Never play a mmorpgs before? All F2P mmorpgs and Even most P2P mmorpgs call cost money for stuff like this.

Originally posted by BeenGaming

And Here is proof.

So you thought a feature that was never promised such as character recustomization, and that is regularly commercialized in other MMO's including the largest and most genre defining MMO currently in existence, would be free to you? You thought this at the point of purchase despite no indication of such, and in spite of the existence of a cash shop in the Korean version of the game providing these same services at a post-purchase cost to the consumer. As much as I hate seeing gaming in general turn into these microtransactions and largely ficticious "servicing fees", it's also not En Masse or Bluehole's fault that you're apparently a wildly irresponsible consumer who had more than adequate resources at your disposal (the entire internet) to research these facets of the game before you purchased it. Even though in the most moral sense I agree with your position on the topic, I can't possibly abide your literal stance on this specific incident. You had ample opportunity to infer directly what the character recustomization process would be in Tera, and no indication that it would be a free service.

So back to what I was saying about reasons why no one is going to take you seriously...

As far as what you "believed", there are people in the world who believe in chemtrails, ghosts, telekinesis and all other sorts of things that make them look and sound like idiots. Even if you believe it really really hard, nobody else cares.

• A_hiA_hi Member Posts: 87

well, you know, they do have to recoup their investment somehow before the inevitable f2p conversion...

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

EME are so damn stupid and full of themmselves by blocking countries outside NA.

The chances that they are going to F2P are quite high due to blocking IP.

There are sign of crack in their company by the great discount sale just after the game launched.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Frogster are probably not far behind EME with a cash shop.

I get the feeling that not as many people as they were hoping picked the game up, as evidenced by the highest populated server being listed as Medium (total of two servers listed as medium, the rest light) at EU peak gaming time.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

Frogster are probably not far behind EME with a cash shop.

I get the feeling that not as many people as they were hoping picked the game up, as evidenced by the highest populated server being listed as Medium (total of two servers listed as medium, the rest light) at EU peak gaming time.

Where is this information found? I'd actually love an official server page because the one in EU or NA for that matter don't make sense the way they are set up. 

• slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

ITT: Sheep begging to be fleaced.

When you buy an MMORPG, you pay 50.00 or so for the box.  That is a game purchase.  The game has been paid for.

When you pay a subscription fee, you are then paying for a SERVICE over and above the product you have already paid for.

Server time and bandwidth consume a much smaller ammount of this income than most people think.

As part of this payment you make for the service over and above the amount you have already paid for the game, you recieve additions to the game in semi regular intervals.  These content additions are usually gameplay and astetics related.

Now, the subscription fees being paid, are paying for the time spent by the employee's in creating the astetic content on the cash shop.  Man hours that could have been spent developing content for the game, and providing the service you are paying for.

Then, after you pay them to create the content, they charge you for it again in a micro transaction.

And most of you are so stupid you are just fine with the idea of paying for something twice.

I wish I could say this surprised me.

Sanity is a delusion. The only truth is madness.

So I filed a complaint to the BBB on Enmasse and this is their response...

En Masse Entertainment added extra customization available at a premium charge through our digital store. These items are not required or forced upon any person or persons and are strictly optional.

The items offered in our digital store are also on par with the rest of the Subscription MMORPG industry in terms of application and price.

The addition of the digital store items are protected in section 7 of the En Masse Terms of Service that applies to every TERA Game player (http://tera.enmasse.com/terms-of-service).

"En Masse has the right at any time for any reason or no reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect of TERA as it sees fit in its sole discretion." 

1. People do not seem to understand what I am saying When I made my account many months before Tera was ever released or even open beta/preorder I was not requried to accept any agreement.

2. When I purchased the game My manual had no agreement, but a website that said Tera.enmasse.com for the agreement there was no agreement on that link on the back of the manual.

3. They never told me there would be a cash shop or additional itemshop when I bought the game I was mislead into believing I would pay $15 a month for access to all content because of this.

People seem to like to debate me on this issue, however it is the fact this company mislead me in quite a few different ways, and made a mistake on the back of their manual not providing any agreement or a correct link. I am aware that new account registrations do display an agreement, but my old account when I registered it did not.

As I said I have already dropped my subscription to this game, I suggest that others who are against this CashShop thing and don't like it drop theirs too show them with the wallet the only way to actually get their attention because their lack of support, or response to the issue is very disturbing I can't believe I have not heard from Enmasse yet on their forum about changes to make the players happy when I am not the only one who complained.

Also based on what Enmasse said its like they will follow in the path of game companies like Blizzard, and Ncsoft with Aion, which is not a good sign at all.

Tera is and could have been a great game, but after everything that they have done with stupid moves like the Cash Shop for example seriously why would you even stick a cash shop in the game two weeks after launch it would have better had been done if you were seeking making profits after lots of people purchased the game and paid for subscriptions.

Enmasse needs to get new management is all I know because it is sad to see MMO's like this become they worst flops in MMO history.

***** While Enmasse says these items are not forced on any players and are strictly optional I say otherwise their Extra Skins, or content packs sure they are optional and I accept that, however being asked to pay $9.99 to access the character creator just to change a hair and pay $9.99 every single time I want to do this which is accessing content I already paid to be able to use in the first place, and I believe is a key part of the game anyways, then I say I am being forced to pay for extra services if I want to customize my characters appearance.*****

( As far as I am concerned from all of this I am not enjoying Tera anyways if Enmasse bans my account for debating them on the BBB, and sites like RIP-OFF report which I will file there soon and many more then so be it I am not enjoying their game anyways, and it will just prove the point that they are not happy with consumers complaining about their service, but as for now I am out to help get this company an F rating until they give me what I want and believe I as a consumer was buying when I paid for the service/software.)