Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Official Video of Project Copernicus (the kingdoms of amalur MMO)

YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Link Here

Well color me impressed. Loving the art design already. Quite close to what we see in KOA:Reckoning but also clearly indicates the fact that time has passed (Since Copernicus is set thousand years or so after Reckoning).

This looks, beautiful for the lack of words. Hopefully we will soon learn something about the game itself too.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Comments

• greyed-outgreyed-out Member Posts: 99

Absolutely stunning.  But will they survive to see it released.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by greyed-out
    ITs supposedly releasing next june and company did manage to pay its current loan paycheck. Reckoning II(or however it will be called) is also supposedly still in development.

So despite that financial struggle, they might just pull through. Of course they will need to search for some private investors(read: not states but companies).

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Very nice looking. Hope they expand on the combat and skills system they use on KoA.

Originally posted by AvatarBlade
    Very nice looking. Hope they expand on the combat and skills system they use on KoA.

We already know for sure that combat system might NOT be the same as in KoA. Its unknown on how the combat will work in mmo exactly but they have been very clear that they want to keep the combo driven rpg/action mix for the singleplayer franchise they are building.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by Yuui

ITs supposedly releasing next june and company did manage to pay its current loan paycheck. Reckoning II(or however it will be called) is also supposedly still in development.

So despite that financial struggle, they might just pull through. Of course they will need to search for some private investors(read: not states but companies).

I know, but they missed payroll.  Employees won't work for free.  And the news today is the State, thankfully, isn't giving them any more cash.  Seems like they put out this video so they can attract some private investors and offset all the negative attention they've got recently.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785

Impressive. Need more info, my present perception is another WoW clone.

Once upon a time....

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I wish there was more to see here than art, but I think the environments look great. Definitely a world I'm interested in exploring if they can finish the project.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Originally posted by Yuui   Originally posted by greyed-out Absolutely stunning.  But will they survive to see it released.
    ITs supposedly releasing next june and company did manage to pay its current loan paycheck. Reckoning II(or however it will be called) is also supposedly still in development.   So despite that financial struggle, they might just pull through. Of course they will need to search for some private investors(read: not states but companies).
    I know, but they missed payroll.  Employees won't work for free.  And the news today is the State, thankfully, isn't giving them any more cash.  Seems like they put out this video so they can attract some private investors and offset all the negative attention they've got recently.

99% Chance employees knew about not getting their pay for now already. Having been in that kind of business, thats the kind of risk every company takes every time they release a new product.

And well yeah. Till now they had no reason to release stuff about the game. Now they have a reason. Considering the amount of publicity this little stuff got now and the sales of KOA I do not see them waiting for investors for too long. The fact that stuff looks VERRRY PRETTTY also helps too.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Hmm, pretty nice, but seems it? will be quite stylized in that 'What WOW 2 might look like' kinda way, which I'm not really a fan of.

Can't really tell much more until we see some characters.

Scope of the world seems really great though.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

I don't know...

After what their going through right now , what investor is going to risk it ?

Hopefully things will work out , but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Originally posted by DeaconX
    Hmm, pretty nice, but seems it? will be quite stylized in that 'What WOW 2 might look like' kinda way, which I'm not really a fan of.Can't really tell much more until we see some characters.Scope of the world seems really great though.

There's a huge 10 000 year history for the setting created already.. MMO is set in "Age of Heroes" time after every singleplayer game that will come out and few major cataclysms. THe world map as well as the timeline descs have a lot of story possibilities, IMO.

The most important thing IMO is that it LOOKS original. Design-wise it does NOT look like any other mmo in the market and that is a great first thing to achieve. The music also is unique and very nice for my old ears.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• spookytoothspookytooth Member Posts: 508

they probably showed that to the RI politicians to get theyre stay of execusion. Looks really nice. Now just stick in the characters doing the shitty kill 10 of X quests and you got yourself another flash-in-the-pan mmo.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by Amaranthar

Impressive. Need more info, my present perception is another WoW clone.

Against popular belief and going against a popular 'phrase' there has never been a 'WoW Clone'.

Originally posted by greyed-out Absolutely stunning.  But will they survive to see it released.
    ITs supposedly releasing next june and company did manage to pay its current loan paycheck. Reckoning II(or however it will be called) is also supposedly still in development.   So despite that financial struggle, they might just pull through. Of course they will need to search for some private investors(read: not states but companies).

99% Chance employees knew about not getting their pay for now already. Having been in that kind of business, thats the kind of risk every company takes every time they release a new product.

And well yeah. Till now they had no reason to release stuff about the game. Now they have a reason. Considering the amount of publicity this little stuff got now and the sales of KOA I do not see them waiting for investors for too long. The fact that stuff looks VERRRY PRETTTY also helps too.

But not even a 1% chance employees will stick around a company that misses payroll twice.  38 Studios is flat broke.  If they don't get financing stat they are done for.

Originally posted by madnos
    Originally posted by Yuui   Originally posted by greyed-out Absolutely stunning.  But will they survive to see it released.
    I don't know...

They are not going through "anything" that is not fixed by investors pouring money. They have an established setting, a brand recognition, a critical acclaim for existing product and a fair amount of publicity.

To me that sounds like a perfect bait for investors.

Now if we heard of some sort of internal struggles in company, serious roadblocks in copernicus development, etc, then yeah, we should be worried then.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by spookytooth

they probably showed that to the RI politicians to get theyre stay of execusion. Looks really nice. Now just stick in the characters doing the shitty kill 10 of X quests and you got yourself another flash-in-the-pan mmo.

Chances are they already alienated many of those who might have bought it by releasing  KOA. I know after playing it myself, I want nothing more to do with Copernicus or any other game they come out with.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Hopefully they can pull it off.

What worries me is the financial trouble they are in might lead to releasing the MMO before its ready in an attempt to stay solvent. Which wont be good for them or the buyers.

I dont have hiogh hopes for a quality product from a company that cant meet payroll. Development costs will be cut, as well as any corners they can to save a dime. Overall I think this is dead in the water or soon to be.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

The architecture is fabulous.  I wish they hadn't decided to go with the typical "High Fantasy" super saturated color scheme.  Some of the close up shots revealed textures that definitely reminded me of Blizzard's style.  The lore for the game so far seem rather gritty, yet the graphical theme is anything but gritty.

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by madnos

Originally posted by greyed-out Absolutely stunning.  But will they survive to see it released.
    I don't know...

They are not going through "anything" that is not fixed by investors pouring money. They have an established setting, a brand recognition, a critical acclaim for existing product and a fair amount of publicity.

To me that sounds like a perfect bait for investors.

Now if we heard of some sort of internal struggles in company, serious roadblocks in copernicus development, etc, then yeah, we should be worried then.

Well as of yesterday they couldn't even pay their employees this week. ( This according to FOX25 NEWS , unfortunately I dont have time right now to search for it ).

I dont know if that has been rectified or not ,but to me that is  a HUGE problem :) .

People arnt gonna hang around hoping to get paid some day :)

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

The architecture is fabulous.  I wish they hadn't decided to go with the typical "High Fantasy" super saturated color scheme.  Some of the close up shots revealed textures that definitely reminded me of Blizzard's style.  The lore for the game so far seem rather gritty, yet the graphical theme is anything but gritty.

Yep, same as Amular. Makes me wonder if McFarlan is cashing checks for doing nothing, because I see nothing of his style anywhere in either game.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

Originally posted by Vorthanion

I would not say its that hi-fantasy...From the lore and Reckoning I get a whole lot more "steampunky" wibe. Considering this is set a thousand years after Reckoning and in reckoning we already had some machinery, I'd say this is more like "industrial revolution" kind of setting.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I feel like I've seen this all before.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I can't be the only one seeing nothing but Rift in that vid.

Originally posted by Charlizzard
    I feel like I've seen this all before.

Then please be so kind and show me there. I and I bet everyone else would really love to play a game with this amount of thought put into the graphical design of the world and this exact style of the world.

Sorry but can't think of even a single mmo that has this kind of art style or the overall feel the whole package gives off so far.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON