Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying Diablo 3 or Playing a Clone Instead?

2»

Comments

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

TL2 all the way for me.

Fully moddable, lan-support, high polish, made by previous Blizzard employees and all for $20. What more do you want?

Besides, I just feel morally bad supporting Blizzard.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

My RPG and Action RPG fix is better serviced by Skyrim and Dark Souls.

Problem solved.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• Sata123Sata123 Member Posts: 34

Torchlight 2 while waiting for Grim Dawn.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Not a fan of single player games anymore, so probably won't be buying this unless it becomes apparent that its a real winner.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Im not gonne play a clone thats named D3 im gonne play TL2 (Original developers of Diablo series made TL).

Why would i even concider playing a very limited game with no OFFLINE-LAN-MODS and RMH on a evil battlenet with DRM NO WAY.

Torchlight 2 Forever!!!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

If you like Diablo clones you would probably play all of them ;)

But why settle for second best ?

Perhaps because the "original" does not live up to the expectations, while the "clones" do, plus provide even more features and a better price to entice people away from the "original".

Says who ?

Did you even play D3 ? Or you are showeling dirt because you are bored ?

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by jusomdude

You're missing a bought D3 and liking it option...

ya umm yur missing the d3 and liking option..

and by the OP he said hes sticking to d3 clones..wich 90% of are f2p or pirated ..sounds like you would be better off playind drakensang or w/e its called or scrolling thru torrents..iv also seen people saying / complaining on forums here that d3 grafix are too cartoony..wich makes me / facepalm ..then they followed by saying..."im waiting for tl2"  / sigh tl2 maybe a good game idk..but grafix wise it looks like a sunday morning cartoon

i for 1 like D3 only cuz there is NOTHING appealing out there as far as mmorpgs go..soo ill just play 1 of my fav titled franchises and farm my ass off...yes i know its not a mmo ..id much rather play a single player game with co-op than 100% of the mmo's out there today cuz the market / genra has gone down the toilet

• vaeiouvaeiou Member Posts: 39

I was pleasantly surprised by Diablo III as my first experience with the game was the past stress test, and most people who played that agreed that it was horrible.  So far I've just completed Act I on Nightmare and I know that I have a ways to go to catch up to the crowd who are already farming on Inferno.  

Here are my first impressions of the game in case any of you are on the fence about the game.  It's not a review but hopefully it'll help some people.

Diablo III First Impressions

League of Legends | Guild Wars 2
    Follow me at:
    mostlygamingblog
    Twitter

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

I have Path of Exile, probably going to buy Torchlight II. I'm on low budget.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by vaeiou

I was pleasantly surprised by Diablo III as my first experience with the game was the past stress test, and most people who played that agreed that it was horrible.  So far I've just completed Act I on Nightmare and I know that I have a ways to go to catch up to the crowd who are already farming on Inferno.  

Hmm .. I don't think anyone has finished INFERNO yet. Are you talking about farming the early (like Skeleton king) boss?

The game is great and highly addictive. I like the new skill system. MUCH better than the traditional tree & points. You can easily test out combo ideas and skill builds. And now EACH choice is an effect .. so it matters much more than adding a point here and there.

My only complaint is the server down-time. Otherwise, it will be perfect.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540
    Originally posted by feroshus

I might have played one of these weak replicas like a year ago, but their timing is just awful. I'll be occupied with D3 for awhile I'm sure, and when I'm finally tired of it, most of these crappy alternatives will be a distant memory...

...except to the millions of people still playing them. 

With your memory trouble, I guess you forgot to finish that sentence.  Glad I could help.

• vaeiouvaeiou Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

The game is great and highly addictive. I like the new skill system. MUCH better than the traditional tree & points. You can easily test out combo ideas and skill builds. And now EACH choice is an effect .. so it matters much more than adding a point here and there.

My only complaint is the server down-time. Otherwise, it will be perfect.

The gripe I have with the skill system is that I'm not sure if it adds more complexity or not.  Certain skills like Strafe are simply useless (for the Demon Hunter, at least).  Certain skill + rune combinations are also clearly better than other runes.  

League of Legends | Guild Wars 2
    Follow me at:
    mostlygamingblog
    Twitter

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

D3 doesnt even have a single computer or intranet mode, so I wont even play it once like I did for fun with D1.

Originally posted by vaeiou

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    The game is great and highly addictive. I like the new skill system. MUCH better than the traditional tree & points. You can easily test out combo ideas and skill builds. And now EACH choice is an effect .. so it matters much more than adding a point here and there. My only complaint is the server down-time. Otherwise, it will be perfect.  

The gripe I have with the skill system is that I'm not sure if it adds more complexity or not.  Certain skills like Strafe are simply useless (for the Demon Hunter, at least).  Certain skill + rune combinations are also clearly better than other runes.  

Sure. For the wiz, there are enough useful combo to keep my interest so far. And even some r less useful, it is already 10x more interesting than the add 10 points to this power type skill trees.
    Originally posted by Gorwe

I'll have to side with PoE on this one. It's just...better I guess.

Torchlight is also good(true Diablo devs made it)

Diablo III is just...meh. But then again, what can you Expect from Activi$ion-Bli$$ard?

I tried torchlight. D3 is much more fun for me. Better, and more skill design. Better environment (many things blow up or can interact). Better story, loot design.