Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Metal Maw in Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest WildStar Wednesday features a treat for those who have been following the development of Metal Maw. In today's blog, there is a new video showing this bad boy in action.

Check out the full blog post on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Lol I kinda totally forgot about this game

But I have a strong feeling this wont end up well. I dont really know why, but the way the game looks and plays is not enough in 2012+ ...and there's TSW that seems (apart from animations) do similar thing in more innovative setting

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Lol was not expecting it to just fly up in the sky all of the sudden. Looks pretty epic!

Smile

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Cool vid, but...

I haven't heard jack about this game in a while. AQnd what's with the gender-locked classes? I really hope that's just for testing, otherwise: ick.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    That was pretty neat!
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Smells like vaporware.

Joined - July 2004

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Hahaha...., it was funny how metal maw went up in the sky and come crashing down. Good that there is some new news about this game.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

I actually do hope this game makes it out the gate as it looks to be a SciFi version of WoW.  Whether or not you or I like WoW doesn't really matter, millions of other players do and if a new game can come out that does everything WoW does in a new universe (instead of the constant failures we have seen over the years) I look at that a bonus to everyone.  The WoW crowd can infest that game and leave the other "niche" market games to the rest of us.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I played this game at PAX west in September and it was pretty good.  Just as they said in the warning at the beginning of the video a lot of the stuff shown there especially the environment is test.  There are plenty of videos showing real environments and they look nice.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

They want the game to be taken seriously but looks like a pixar budget toontown with some overtly cookie-cutter characters.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

The F/ck did I just watch? THAT'S the direction they're going with this?

Scratch another one of the list of potentials...

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135

vaporware

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

No idea why NCSoft show this "work in progress"...

Show us something when there is something finish to show. This video brings more negative feelings about the game then positives ones.

Bad NCSoft move about this game imo.

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Not entirely impressive...

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Not entirely impressive...

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441

looks pretty damn fun to me!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Smells like vaporware.

/sigh...

No.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

The fight looked fun, and I enjoy the Pixaresque art style (yeah, sue me, I can enjoy multiple art styles) and the gameworld seems enagaging and vibrant.

All in all worth watching.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Yay. More "Metal Maw".

"Oh, look! Here's a video of Metal Maw!"

Months later....

"Oh, look! Here's a video of Metal Maw that looks slightly better!"

Months later...

"Oh, look! Here's a video of Metal Maw that looks a bit better than the last one!"

So far, unless they're changing the name of the game to "Kill Metal Maw Over and Over Online", I predict a flop of gigantic proportions.

And that's only if it doesn't turn out to be total vaporware first.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Game has a lot of character. Here's hoping that it's still in development will lend to refinement of mechanics current-gen MMOs are still fighting (read: questing).

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Vesavius

The fight looked fun, and I enjoy the Pixaresque art style (yeah, sue me, I can enjoy multiple art styles) and the gameworld seems enagaging and vibrant.

All in all worth watching.

I have no problems with this art style too, is not about that.

IMO the video only show how a monster die, thats all.

I prefer to see more about characters for example, even on work in progress.