Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today i woke up and just had an urge to play GW2 , Give us a beta weekend ???

xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

So who´s with me asking them to give us more beta weekends ???

I want a beta weekend .

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

how about we go a step further and just say, "release the fkin game already".

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You will get none and like it. Least until early June that is.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• hadduna01hadduna01 Member Posts: 4

Actually I just want a release as the tease pf playing knowing it's not the real game yet just kills me..but still better than nothing so yeah more beta....but arrrg I want the game to release so badly!!!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Still hoping for a beta weekend over memorial day.

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

I haven't had a withdrawal type feeling from a game since back in my early early wow days, GW2 has got me feeling that same feeling again and it's driving me nuts. I WAWNA PLAY!

I'm gonna hazard a guess and assume that they might make them more frequent the closer we get to the yet to be revealed release date but thats just a guess.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by dr4ygon

I haven't had a withdrawal type feeling from a game since back in my early early wow days, GW2 has got me feeling that same feeling again and it's driving me nuts. I WAWNA PLAY!

I'm gonna hazard a guess and assume that they might make them more frequent the closer we get to the yet to be revealed release date but thats just a guess.

i heard by a reliable source but still i dunno if he knows it or if someone told him that guildwars 2 will make is first complete launch at 25 june to 28.

• nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

I do feel the urge to play but I also don't want to play much of it so I can keep the game fresh for launch. What I am dieing to know is, what have they done with all the feedback from the last beta?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by xenpt

i heard by a reliable source but still i dunno if he knows it or if someone told him that guildwars 2 will make is fist complete launch at 25 june to 28.

Lol

Reliable? More like another person that saw the photo shopped flyer that was floating around.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Originally posted by xenpt

i heard by a reliable source but still i dunno if he knows it or if someone told him that guildwars 2 will make is first complete launch at 25 june to 28.

Not releasing in second quarter per NCSoft earnings call.  There again who knows if the suits really know anything.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Join the club, OP =)

I have to rely on videos to sate this unholy thirst.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170

This is exactly the reason I didn't purchase yet or do the beta weekends. The last thing I want to do is play and then wait three months for it to go live.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

With them having pre-purchases already and only one BWE it is a concern since most companies have no problems with BWE every week or every other week after people have paid. I wonder why they are keeping it so spread out with GW2. We don't even have an announcement for the next BWE yet which is even strange.

I have a feeling they wanted the money to finish development in the green.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I sometimes almost regret I took part in the 1st BWE because ever since I haven't been able to play any other game. Worst withdrawals for a game ever.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

We wantsss it.....oh wait wrong game lol

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

On the up-side, they are probably truly taking the time to go through the reports and fix stuff, which is in stark contrast to most betas these days.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Heck...give us something, right? Maybe access to the character creator so we can perfect the look we want our toons to go for...I dunno...something to fiddle with.

Or yes,...better yet...release the game! release the game! It's innocent and needs to run freeeee!

• voltinvoltin Member UncommonPosts: 45

i think the beta test is coming soon

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I agree! I'm tired of thinking of something new to play while waiting. I tried and tried getting my $49.99 out of Tera, but I couldn't do it. It lacks so much depth it was causing me to think of why I can't wait for GW2 even more.

I think we may get another short test soon, but I'm guessing early June weekend we should get another chance.  

edit: spelling

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I agree! I'm tired of thinking of something new to play while waiting. I tried and tried getting my $49.99 out of Tera, but I couldn't do it. It lacks so much depth it was causing me to think of why I can't wait for GW2 even more.

I think we may get another short test soon, but I'm guessing early June weekend we should get another chance.  

edit: spelling

LOL.....

I am in the same boat.  It is so difficult to log on and level my character in Tera.  I have been lvl 43 for the past several weeks now.  I logged on for like 10 minutes last night, and gave up and started reading the Game of Thrones books.

Now I can only hope the GoT books will last me until launch.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by xenpt

So who´s with me asking them to give us more beta weekends ???

I want a beta weekend .

beta testing is about test not taking care of your urges.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Don't delude yourself. Beta events serve many other purposes than simple testing. They are crucial marketing and player acquisition tools.

The BWE events created quite a stir around the GW franchise. It created urges that lead to anticipation and viral marketing.

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Still hoping for a beta weekend over memorial day.

Would be a smart move on their part, lot of people with extra time off work/school for the holiday.

Anyway, Ive been anticipating the next beta too. Luckily PoE is keeping me entertained for now, but even with that I keep finding myself rerolling toons out of boredom and wishing I could play GW2. Guess its a good thing its not out yet though or no work would ever get done on my new game server because all of our staff would be busy with GW2 >< I need to find some GMs who dont plan on getting GW2 to run things while the rest of us are playing lol

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I just wanna say...

It is REALLY nice to look forward to an MMORPG release for a game that I've played and actually really enjoyed.  I can wait for future beta's or even release, resting easy that this game meets my expectations and even goes beyond.

Just nice to feel that way about an MMORPG finally :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i got an urge this morning as well.. well more of a fever and what was this fever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij43NTqDtjg

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Don't delude yourself. Beta events serve many other purposes than simple testing. They are crucial marketing and player acquisition tools.

The BWE events created quite a stir around the GW franchise. It created urges that lead to anticipation and viral marketing.

Don't be an ftard.  What I wrote is true.  It has been corrupted, but that doesn't take make it (and you point) the smart or correct view. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"