Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 28th?

Comments

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima
    Originally posted by Vortigon

You are dreaming if you think this game will be ready by June or even July.

the technical issues alone are gamebreaking and deep rooted and at this stage they are struggling to eliminate them.

On top of that the game still doesn't use GPUs correctly and is CPU bound - you cannot release a cpu bound game and with months of work they have still not fixed it.

I am also curious about these terrible, terrible issues you mention. Being CPU bound is not one of them, as this is one of the perks of the development stage. Optimization is one of the last things a company do, and it is (usually) a fast step.

I ask because I felt the game was in a VERY advanced build, during the last Stress Test.  I can see this game being released on late June without any major hassles.

yap. CPU bound isnt a big problem, if the rest of game in BW2 is almost bug free i dont get why they cant release nd June. and major bugs? tell me one. i just saw minor bugs, on necro class all spells were work 100%, traits have some bugged that didnt work, but this are minor bugs easy correct. in DE i didnt see any bug and in all world. 

with a i3 2120 + hd6850 i were playing WvW very smooth, in LA i have some problems, lag or fps drop (didnt have any fps program to see fps). 

im not dreaming, after i see and play BW1 i was really surprised how game was already polished, lets see how much better will be on BW2.

arenanet obvious is waiting for BW2 to see if they can give a release date or not.

for me just need correct some Necro traits and IA of minions  + CPU bound + give a better camera (+zoom out) and the game will be ready to lauch

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

IMO the game can be released on 28th June. I've played beta, to me seems very complete, no serious issues / bugs. So the game is actually finished, just ANet need to do some minor fixes.

Sorry for bad English. :)

• Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67

I'd laugh if they released it on June 29th just to troll the retailers that are all quoting 28th.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Dev_Nights

I'd laugh if they released it on June 29th just to troll the retailers that are all quoting 28th.

That or the 26th, which is a Tuesday and a pretty common release day for games.

From what I have seen, the game is in a better state than most mmorpgs I have played at release. Optimization aside, and a few bugs fixes here and there, I would say the game could be ready by the 28th. I would be pleased with a release that early, though I am expecting more of a September-ish release.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Dev_Nights

Works for me, would love for GW2 to release on my B-Day

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Siphaed

A few issues with June 28th:

1)  Thursday.  Who releases a video game on a Thursday?  Tuesdays are the norm, Fridays are an except.  Thursday is just crazy odd.

2)  There needs to be 1 month advance notice.   This has not happened yet, but there needs to be notice of at least 1 month.  Not really needed out of the game, so much as workers to put in for their bosses the PTO requests. 

3) Tests are far few between to indicate a current rush down of the game.  If they're trying to fix the fine point things to finish up the last bit before the game's release, there certainly seems to be no indication of a push for it.

1. It can be released on a Thursday for a weekend release, remember there are 3 day head start which could be Monday-Wednesday and release date on a Thursday.

2. If the next beta weekend is before the end of the month, there's your month notice if the game is announced after the next BW.

3. If they feel the game is complete and finished that doesn't matter, they still have the general testers and their feedback, remember.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

Was the Asura and Slyvari (sp) areas even in the last BWE? I know the races were not, but what about the areas for those races?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by RodimusPrime

Was the Asura and Slyvari (sp) areas even in the last BWE? I know the races were not, but what about the areas for those races?

They weren't there either. If you took a portal that took you to one of the areas off limit for the beta, it told you where that portal will take you in the full game, and took you to one of the available areas. Asura gates leading to their cities were non functional.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• belerenbeleren Member Posts: 63

I don't know if it means anything or not but here is a line which taken from Turkey's retailer's site

"Oyunun ç?k?? tarihine kadar yay?nlanacak tüm BETA testlerine kat?labilme özelli?i (Nisan ve May?s aylar? boyunca)"

Rough Translation: Chance to participate all beta tests till the official release(in months April and May)

I don't know if  they made an estimate or heard something from Anet/NCSoft I just want to share.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by beleren

I don't know if it means anything or not but here is a line which taken from Turkey's retailer's site

"Oyunun ç?k?? tarihine kadar yay?nlanacak tüm BETA testlerine kat?labilme özelli?i (Nisan ve May?s aylar? boyunca)"

Rough Translation: Chance to participate all beta tests till the official release(in months April and May)

I don't know if  they made an estimate or heard something from Anet/NCSoft I just want to share.

They're just referring to the weekend betas.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by beleren

They're just referring to the weekend betas.

but that was what he say. if BW end on May is because game will release on June...

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

The Areanet blog yesterday posted about creating and being able to save your unique online gamng name for your character for those who played Guildwars and pre-ordered GW2.

One more clue I think for them to be getting close to release.

Next beta hopefully Memorial weekend?!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by fiontar

the technical issues alone are gamebreaking and deep rooted and at this stage they are struggling to eliminate them.

On top of that the game still doesn't use GPUs correctly and is CPU bound - you cannot release a cpu bound game and with months of work they have still not fixed it.

GPU optimization has to take place and can be done in under a month.

Exactly what deep rooted, gamebreaking issues are you talking about? With 45 hours of testing now, I haven't seen any.

You also haven't seen two races and two starting areas and somehow missed the mass downtime during their first large player base test.

Yup ... ready for launch!

Honestly my largest concern are the many reports of the horrible story arcs. I also cringed over some of the voice acting.

You stay sassy!

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by fiontar

GPU optimization has to take place and can be done in under a month.

Exactly what deep rooted, gamebreaking issues are you talking about? With 45 hours of testing now, I haven't seen any.

You also haven't seen two races and two starting areas and somehow missed the mass downtime during their first large player base test.

Yup ... ready for launch!

Honestly my largest concern are the many reports of the horrible story arcs. I also cringed over some of the voice acting.

We may not even see the Asura and Sylvari until launch, so not having them in the WBE tells us nothing. I also don't think I had more than 20 minutes of inaccessibility to WBE1 over the entire 60 hours of the event and I didn't miss more than a few minutes over the entire course of the latest Stress Test.

Anyone who has ever beta tested an MMORPG knows that there were no deep rooted, game breaking issues in either event. I never said the game was ready for launch, but the things that appear to still need to be done, based on what we know, are completely typical for a game a month or two before launch.

We don't know anything about the state of the rest of the game's content and since the majority of it will never be shared with us during any beta event, we won't know until they announce the release date exactly when they feel the game will be ready. All we can do is look at what content we have been given access to and there were absolutely no deep rooted, game breaking issues.

The Personal Story is in pretty good shape. Some of the stories start out slower than others, but the further in you get, the more things start to come together. They are still putting some re-recorded dialogue in and fine tuning the lip syncing, but I don't think anyone expects that there will be any redesign or notible modifications to the stories, nor does there need to be.

Thanks for the reply though, it just confirmed what I already suspected. Either mountains are being made out of mole hills or your perspective is such that these very minor issues actually look much more significant than they actually are. A lot of us have been around the genre for well over a decade and have seen dozens of MMORPG betas. Trust me when I tell you that most games don't have beta events as smooth a couple weeks before they launch.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

I keep seeing this said over and over, so I have to ask...

Why are people continually saying that we the beta testers will not see all the game's content before launch?

I mean, I can understand that a weekend isn't enough time for an indiviual tester to experience everything the game has to offer.  But that doesn't mean everything won't be there.  For instance, I don't follow the logic that says the Sylvari and Asura won't be playable or testable until launch, a statement which I've seen a couple times in this thread alone.

When did ArenaNet say this?  Would they truly do something so stupid after spending so long ensuring that the game is as high-quality as possible?

• Originally posted by Wolfynsong

I keep seeing this said over and over, so I have to ask...

Why are people continually saying that we the beta testers will not see all the game's content before launch?

I mean, I can understand that a weekend isn't enough time for an indiviual tester to experience everything the game has to offer.  But that doesn't mean everything won't be there.  For instance, I don't follow the logic that says the Sylvari and Asura won't be playable or testable until launch, a statement which I've seen a couple times in this thread alone.

When did ArenaNet say this?  Would they truly do something so stupid after spending so long ensuring that the game is as high-quality as possible?

"posted 12 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

GW2Blog.com: Hi guys! Just a little question about races, the missing races. Will these be playable in future betas, or not?
    Eric Flannum

: The different races, like the sylvari and the asura? We basically haven’t talked about what content we’ll have in future beta events. We do plan on expanding the content that’s available in future beta events. What we have to do is to sort of draw a line of revealing too much so that things are spoiled to people alongside trying to get more people testing various areas. We have some kind of a [team with]core testers that have access to the entire game so there’s a lot of testing going on for the game. And these beta events where we invited tons of people are more for stress testing and getting a lot of people on the areas. So we do want to keep things fresh and keep expanding the content that’s available on beta weekends, but at the same time we don’t want to get away too much, so I’m not sure exactly how we’re going to go with that. You may see additional races available, and you may not. I think there are lots of distinctions that have to be made, and we’ll be announcing those before each particular events, all the new things that are going to be available on these events, so you guys will have some warning if the sylvari and the asura become playable in the future.

http://www.guildmag....a-transcription

Please now stop with this nonsense, they already sayd more likely Not(95% chance that they wont), dont bother trying or praying."

Taken from the forum thread:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/35311-asura-and-sylvari-in-next-bwe/page__st__30

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I checked their twitter:

@GuildWars2 When I prepurchased Beta events were 2 be 1 per month, word is around that it won't be till June. Anet going back on their word?

@a_cod_eye No, we've always said we're aiming for about one per month, but that schedule can change depending on beta feedback. ~RB2

I guess this is preety clear it will be 1st of june.

Originally posted by gestalt11

Please now stop with this nonsense, they already sayd more likely Not(95% chance that they wont), dont bother trying or praying."

Right... assuming that beta testers would get to test everything is definitely nonsense on my part.

I guess I can see where ArenaNet is coming from, but I still think it is a mistake to not test at least the starter areas.

Anyway, thanks for posting that link for me.

Originally posted by Wolfynsong
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Right... assuming that beta testers would get to test everything is definitely nonsense on my part.

I guess I can see where ArenaNet is coming from, but I still think it is a mistake to not test at least the starter areas.

but that zones are being tests, you even can see lot of gameplay with sylvari and asura on youtube. 

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong

People whom play the weekend betas are not the only people testing the game.

Originally posted by jdnyc

People whom play the weekend betas are not the only people testing the game.

I'm aware of that - I'm complaining because, in the past, MMO's have needed quite a bit more than just in-house testing to polish off the bugs and glitches.

That said, if anyone can pull it off, it would be ArenaNet.  It admittedly seems pretty solid as is.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Uhhh haven't looked to see if anyone replied to this yet cause it's a long thread but I think they might actually give us asura and sylvari. This is so that they can iron out all the bugs in those starting areas but yea. They could very well just not give em to us to keep something new for us. 

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

considering Sylvari and Asura have not been opeb beta tested.. June28th is a NO

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Also, they did make people BUY the whole game so anything after after august is a probably not a very good move on their part. People will probably get waaay anxious and a little pissy. I know I will. I will say that yea I do want the game to be good as well and they should take their time but eh :. Really anxious for the release since I actually paid for the whole game. If they need more time that that, they should've not set the pre-purchase so early.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

how is it possible that there is anyone on the face of the earth that looks at retailers for mmo release dates anymore? inconceivable. especially gamespot .. i feel like im taking crazy pills.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)