Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick DF2 question...

GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

When does DF2 release?  (aprox...or even a educated guess would be fine if you dont know)

Im asking so i can start looking for it when it gets closer.

Comments

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Nobloody know this?

• ForkRobotikForkRobotik Member Posts: 1

no one can really help you, AV constantly lies about dates. However, a guy i know that works at a gameshop says he has info for a q1 2013 release. If AV actually meets this date, i suspect it'll be a half finished game.

TBH, i would not count on this at all and believe that the company (internetq) that already purchased 40% of hte company will buy the rest of it, at which point DF will be doomed since they seem more interested in cashing in on the technology rather than producing a game.

As we've seen from the updates over the last year, they have literally added no content whatsoever yet, and have been spending all the time scrapping old systems, like weapons/crafting/map making as well as continuing to make arbitrary changes to mechanics, apparently there will be fall death in the "new game." This is shaping up to be a disaster.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by ForkRobotik

no one can really help you, AV constantly lies about dates. However, a guy i know that works at a gameshop says he has info for a q1 2013 release. If AV actually meets this date, i suspect it'll be a half finished game.

TBH, i would not count on this at all and believe that the company (internetq) that already purchased 40% of hte company will buy the rest of it, at which point DF will be doomed since they seem more interested in cashing in on the technology rather than producing a game.

As we've seen from the updates over the last year, they have literally added no content whatsoever yet, and have been spending all the time scrapping old systems, like weapons/crafting/map making as well as continuing to make arbitrary changes to mechanics, apparently there will be fall death in the "new game." This is shaping up to be a disaster.

This, or they fail to accurately forecast due-dates... you know, PMI, Cobit, and CMMI stuff image

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

They said beta q2 2012...nothing yet.

I feel from the amount of BS the community gets on a weekly update basis, that DF 2.0 is at the very least 12 months away from release and maybe even a beta.  AV is a small team but have never been good at giving sloid eta's on patches, expansions and obviously 2.0.

I honestly feel the Darkfall 1.0 servers will shut down before 2.0 releases and we will end up having to spend a retails fee for the game, even though AV had stated this wont  occur...but i dont take AV's word for much anymore.

Ideally well see 2.0 out q2/3 next year with a price tag on the Dl and a monthly beyond that, and as Fork stated will more than likely be a broken game.

One thing for sure as a 3 year Darkfall player, if the grind remains the same in 2.0...i refuse to pay for it, i spent countless hrs grinding in 1.0 now my character is eventually getting wiped, wont risk the timespent again for that possibility.

• Ash_EmeraldAsh_Emerald Member Posts: 10

We haven't see any videos of game play of any DF 2.0 game.

Most games have extensive alpha / beta videos 6+ months BEFORE open betas start. 

We have no reason to think that DF 2.0 is anything but vaporware at this time. 

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Thanks alot for the detailed answer, i appriciate it.

Its a shame though, its not like its any other sandbox ffa game to look forward too. =/

Ill probably end up wasting money on Secret World and GW2 then...

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

First is was Darkfall 2010.. release date.. mid 2010....

They missed this date obviously...

Then it was Darkfall Arena release date..unknown....

Then they changed the name again to Darkfall 2.0 ... release date of open beta Q2/2012....

Which means a closed beta would have to start before that open beta happens.. and a closed beta still hasnt started and hasn't been announced either.

Players will be lucky to have 2.0 released by Dec 2012 considering that AV will have follow the list below to be on schedule.

1. announce a closed beta date

2. start closed beta (they will miss their announced date by 4 weeks)

3. announce open beta date

4. start open beta (they wlil miss their announced date by 6 weeks)

5. announce release date of DF2.0

6. release DF2.0 (they will miss their announce date by 12 weeks)

We haven't even begun this list yet.. So realistically and knowing AV a DF 2.0 2013 is more likely to happen.

Maybe another name change along the way too.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

can always try MO when the awakening expansion launches next month

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

I believe it wont take that long.... They just started a promotion which will run until DF2 is launched... I believe AV wouldent have time to do this earlier, and therefore it will be around christmas. 

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by deathshroud

can always try MO when the awakening expansion launches next month

This^

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637
    Originally posted by mikethk

I believe it wont take that long.... They just started a promotion which will run until DF2 is launched... I believe AV wouldent have time to do this earlier, and therefore it will be around christmas. 

As far as I know they haven't started any promotion, they haven't even told us what the promotion will be. Or have I missed their announcement?

As for DF2, december if you're optimistic. I'm not so I'll say late 2013.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

You Darkfall 2010? Yeah, as much as I realllllyy want this game to work out, chances are AV will collapse before 2.0, and then maybe a year after that depending on how crappy the code really is, the asian investors will get it out. Honestly best case scenario!

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Don't forget, they are Greece company. Basicly whole country is f-ked. So good look finding extra money on current economical climate. I wouldn't found it impossible that whole Aventurine sunks before end of year.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Sasami

Don't forget, they are Greece company. Basicly whole country is f-ked. So good look finding extra money on current economical climate. I wouldn't found it impossible that whole Aventurine sunks before end of year.

seems like the most likely outcome, but i really want to try 2.0 so i hope they can get it together before end of the year.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.