Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metacritic is surprisingly spot on with this one....

1235»

Comments

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by AvsRock21

That being said, the playstyle of the Diablo games in general is very simple minded.  I can't see how these types of games could captivate anyone's attention for very long.

Diablo 2 was only simple minded on the surface. Half the game was being able to plan and build a class such that it could withstand Nightmare itself. In Diablo 3 this planning ahead does not seem necessary.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by terrant
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Once again, metacritic has no impact on the sales of a game.

Who cares? The people  has spoken, Diablo 3 is no good.

There was a thread here this afternoon with a poll by a poster on the fence about buying it.  The poll showed that 80% of people that have actually bought Diablo III like it.  The people have spoken.  Diablo 3 is good.

It shows that 80% of the people that happened to stumble across that one poll and felt like answering it liked the game. Nothing more. Don't take even a few thousand votes here as indicative of the whole.

a few thousand votes is a very big sample size

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by terrant

There was a thread here this afternoon with a poll by a poster on the fence about buying it.  The poll showed that 80% of people that have actually bought Diablo III like it.  The people have spoken.  Diablo 3 is good.

It shows that 80% of the people that happened to stumble across that one poll and felt like answering it liked the game. Nothing more. Don't take even a few thousand votes here as indicative of the whole.

a few thousand votes is a very big sample size

Of millions of purchases? On a forum where people have a tendency to mass blam or promote specific products?

Not really.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Personally I dislike the game because of certain design decisions, but feel overall it is fairly well made. I'm jsut saying for every forum poll that shows 80% of players loving it, I bet you can find one just as big saying the opposite.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

The poll you are reffering to was spilt about dead even. But that doesn't matter. If you like the game then ignore what the majority is saying about the game.

No, the dead even split was on if someone bought it or not.  The people that did buy it, 80% of them liked it.

The point is, the low metacritic score is almost definitely padded by people that didnt buy the game.  If you didnt buy the game you can't make a fair rating (and this includes playing the beta)

So if someone bought the game and liked it their vote counts, but if they didn't like the game and decided not to buy it their vote doesn't count. Now if you didn't buy the game but liked it would your vote still count?

We need to clear this up, it use to be as long as you played the game at least a decent amount you had the right to review it.

Now it's a requirement that you must buy a game you don't like in order to give a review on it?

Awsome, talk about padding lol.

So wait.... does that mean there is a group of 1.4million people that own the game but not allowed to review it because technically they didn't buy it?

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

We need to clear this up, it use to be as long as you played the game at least a decent amount you had the right to review it.

Unless you got a free copy somehow, the only way you would have played the game long enough to be able to form a fair review is by bying the game.  AFAIK the beta was capped at a very low level (13?) so no, just playing the beta doesnt count.

And the wow annual pass people bought the game, its part of the package.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

So if someone bought the game and liked it their vote counts, but if they didn't like the game and decided not to

buy it their vote doesn't count. Now if you didn't buy the game but liked it would your vote still count?

Now it's a requirement that you must buy a game you don't like in order to give a review on it?

Awsome, talk about padding lol.

So wait.... does that mean there is a group of 1.4million people that own the game but not allowed to review it because technically they didn't buy it?

What it looks like he's saying is that metacritic ratings shouldn't just be taken as gospel and for what's representative for the whole of the playerbase. As should be obvious when people put some thought and comparative scrutiny to metacritic user ratings.

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93

IMo all reviewes ar ecompletely null until you have  alevel 60 character with hell completed, beating normal or nightmare just doesn't' count.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Oh and not to beat a dead horse here, but I think you should change your title to:: "I agree with the 4chan users who review bomb metacritic and amazon"

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by LuciferIAm

IMo all reviewes ar ecompletely null until you have  alevel 60 character with hell completed, beating normal or nightmare just doesn't' count.

lolwat

You realize that most professional reviewers within the industry aren't capable of finishing everything they play and write about, much less on multiple difficulties?

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Metacritic usually manages to level itself out to an accurate score. 

All the 0/10 Nerdrage reviews because the couldnt log in at midnight, ARE valid reviews. If Bliz wanted to avoid this, they shouldnt have made it online only, or should have made more stable servers. 

These are also balanced out nicely by all the 10/10 fanboy reviews having a nerdgasm because the got to play

Then the rest of them are actually "real" reviews

It all balances out in the end......

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Metacritic is the biggest joke on the internet. Half of all user reviews should be dismissed out of hand because they are massively biased one way or the other and either give games a 0 or a 10. As a result, no one should take those reviews seriously.

And my God... are there any released games that people on this site actually DO like!? Seriously you guys... it seems like the only activity many of you genuinely enjoy is trashing games on internet forums. It's sad...

I like TERA and Leauge of Legends.

I DONT like TERA, or League of Legends.

See it, all balances out in the end.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Just wanted to point this out after someone in another thread stated Metacritic wasn't a reliable source:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo  [8.3]

---

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii  [8.5]

---

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii  [3.6]

Pretty much my thoughts entirely.

Oh, and just for a bit of reference for those of you looking for stronger data =):

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii  [4.2]

--

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dead-island  [6.8]

--

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3  [3.9]

--

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-2  [8.5]

--

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect  [8.4]

I'm having a hard time finding one "User Rating" I don't disagree with other than Dead Island that I believe should have been a 5.8 instead of a 6.8, but that's because I'm a BIT more critical about zombie based games than others in its genre ;)!

Don't worry about any of this If YOU enjoy the game at the end of the day. However, just realize that after everything is said and done Diablo 3 was not the game it should have been. For the fans :|....

I tend to agree, Diablo III's 87 is pretty accurate.