Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day Z

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/12/for-the-love-of-pc-gaming-download-day-z-arma-2s-zombie-survival-mod/ 

Anyone play this and know if I can if I have Arma 2 but not the Combined Operations part?

Edit- ok so Operation Arrowhead is required along with Arma 2,but do not need to be purchased together.

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

After seeing some vids i desided to DL this from amazon.  Wow bad idea!  After 12 hours (my fault), it said the DL was corrupt and need to be re downloaded.  I never bought a digital DL from amazon before but im thinking it was a bad move.  I would have just ordered the DVDs but the eta was 1-2 months!

Careful how you buy it!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

According to the guide, you can have ArmA 2 FREE and buy only Arrowhead.. However, I wouldn't take such a risk. And I would avoid steam version like plague, get it from sprocket instead (Isn't that actually cheaper than steam?)

We?re all dead, just say it.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I did put one important link into the thread i opened recently (Details), good describtion what you need and how to install it.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/351431/DayZ-Zombie-RPG-Survival-Multiplayer.html

You can buy the game directly on the Arma 2 main page for the same price like on Amazon/Steam. If you want to play with the Arma 2 free version you can get the needed Arma 2 Arrowhead for 12 bucks, webpage posted aswell. But with the free version the graphic details are limited...

I did start playing this mod some days ago, but I had already Arma 2 CO since I prefer the military multiplayer part and some of its awesome mods. Neverless DayZ is quiete funny for a while.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by adderVXI

After seeing some vids i desided to DL this from amazon.  Wow bad idea!  After 12 hours (my fault), it said the DL was corrupt and need to be re downloaded.  I never bought a digital DL from amazon before but im thinking it was a bad move.  I would have just ordered the DVDs but the eta was 1-2 months!

Careful how you buy it!

I have bought several games throught Amazon and used their downloader and had no problems so far.You might want to try to run the installer again.I had a box copy of Arma 2 and bought Operation Arrowhead through that gamesrocket link from someones post in one of the recent DayZ threads because it was $12 there and $19 on steam.

I left it on all last night to download and when I ran the installer this morning before I left for work when it finished I got some error saying something might have gone wrong dont remember what exactlyy as i was in a hurry but I just ran the installer again and it completed and is now updating my copy of Arma 2, which I had installed from a disc, to version 1.07 from 1.01.

Hopefully all goes well for us both =p.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Bought it through steam for 30€ and game is awesome.

If you have trouble install mod this help alot...

DayZ updater: http://www.worrom.com/

Take internet by Storm!

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/dayz-zombie-frenzy/

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

not to be a prick, as i have checked out this mod on youtube find it interesting..

but this is an FPS mod not an MMO, you might have better luck asking on FPSguru as they deal with FPS games... mmorpg might remove this thread as its not related to MMOs :/ 

though the mod does look neat, kinda suprizing that modders generally have better vision of gaming then high grade developers... lol

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Metanol

According to the guide, you can have ArmA 2 FREE and buy only Arrowhead.. However, I wouldn't take such a risk. And I would avoid steam version like plague, get it from sprocket instead (Isn't that actually cheaper than steam?)

Why avoid the steam version...

1. steam is awesome and has a great deal on it.

2. the mod works perfect with the steam version.

3. Steam is the best and probally the easiest way to get games.

As for using a free version, I have read on the official DayZ forums thats it possible but you will be missing some of the high rez textures i believe. I already had both so I never tried, your best bet is to head to the official forums and find out :)

Its well worth buying ARMA II for this mod its awesoem trying to survive inthe world. Also it does have some MMO elements I guess as your character is persistant over every server. You say you log onto EU1 get a ton of gear log off for the night then log onto US1 or whatever you will still have all the gear you picked up playing on EU1 the day before, plus hopefulyl once the devs get it stable enough they will allow bigger server I see they are already testing soem 60 player ones and 75 player ones :)

I think ARMA II supports over 200 player but i cant qutie remember.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Ichmen
    not to be a prick, as i have checked out this mod on youtube find it interesting..but this is an FPS mod not an MMO, you might have better luck asking on FPSguru as they deal with FPS games... mmorpg might remove this thread as its not related to MMOs :/  though the mod does look neat, kinda suprizing that modders generally have better vision of gaming then high grade developers... lol

So diablo is????
    Or Skyrim????

DayZ is huge open sandbox world in fps survival mode.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

This discussion has been closed.