Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In which MMO world would you live?

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Tyria, Divinity's Reach (GW2 Human home city). Because holy hell is that place great.

For people who pre-purchased GW2 and havent checked it out yet. Do so because its magnificent. 

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Nagrand in the Outlands. Or Kelethin in EQ2

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Tyria for sure! Amazing world, amazing lore, amazing races, amazing everything!

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Without a doubt, EVE Online.

Same.  The rest of you fools can live in a fantasy world where you die of infection before you are 30.  I would rather live in the world of EVE where if I do manage to die I can simply be reborn in a clone.  Can't go wrong with immortality. 

Elves are immortal by nature. Maybe you could be one of them. :)

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You show me someone wanting to live in Tera for the women and I'll show you someone looking for a little tail.

Seriously, though, Tyria for me. Those other worlds where people stand around with punctuation marks over their heads would freak me out. Besides, you have to admit the instant travelling is quite alluring.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I was going to say Original EQ, but who wants a hill giant or griffon stomping on your home?

World of Warcraft would be the safest, in my opinion. The monsters know where to be and they stay there. Maybe build a house above the human starting area, where the griffons fly over from Stormwind to Iron Forge. Only a couple of empty tents there next to a pretty stream...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GalacticBatGalacticBat Member UncommonPosts: 14

Eath n Beyond - Jenquai space

Runner ups:

Tyria - pre-searing Ascelon (GW1)

Telon - Thestra continent (Vanguard)

Planet Talus (SWG)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Middle-Earth, period!

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

a type of mmo that doesnt exist yet like .hack//

hallo ~_~

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Jabas
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

LOL .. who want to live in a world with constant fighting, no internet and no good restaurants.

These are GAMES, people.

errr.... where are you from? 

Not from planet Earth im sure...

I don't know what neighborhood you are from .. but from where i live, there is NO FIGHTING .. no violence. I mean, if you live in a gang neighborhood, you want to move OUT right, not back into another world of violence.

• F2PMMOF2PMMO Member UncommonPosts: 122

Guess that would have to be somewhere in New Eden  - EvE online, cause it's the only MMO where you find your region to live in and do whatever you like to do; build, kill, run a corporation, play the market etc. EvE is a community as much as a game, whereas all the other MMOs I have tried remained just games to play.

So since you may live virtually in EvE online right now, why not take the full step into New Eden and live there for real.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by FTPMMO

Guess that would have to be somewhere in New Eden  - EvE online, cause it's the only MMO where you find your region to live in and do whatever you like to do; build, kill, run a corporation, play the market etc. EvE is a community as much as a game, whereas all the other MMOs I have tried remained just games to play.

So since you may live virtually in EvE online right now, why not take the full step into New Eden and live there for real.

Because monocles are over-priced.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

The same place I built it in the game when i played it , just outside the east brit bank in Ultima Online. Decent hunting in the area, and a great place to open a smithy shop, and sell my wares to the folks in game.

I loved that spot image

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Reizla

Middle-Earth, period!

In Middle-Earth, I would choose Rivendell, or Lindon.

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I would live in New Eden as a capsuleer roaming the stars :) And the station bars in Minmatar space have Zero G pods.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

yes EVE !!! but on the Federation side xD

propably focused on astrometrics and space exploration with extra lootings/salvages xD

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

so many places  to choose from  

EVE  would be my first   just for all the exploreing 

galway  county AO 

the shire  LOTR 

stick house right on top of  mountian above iron forge for the  view 

silverwood  Rift

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Emrendil
    Originally posted by Reizla

Middle-Earth, period!

In Middle-Earth, I would choose Rivendell, or Lindon.

Question was about WORLD, not location ;)

But if I'd have to pick a location, I'd say either The Shire or the (yet to be developed / now underdevelopment?) White City...

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Pre-Searing Ascalon in Guild Wars 1. The ultimate answer to the question asked in the title.

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

I'm not very familiar with casual games but I'd rather live in a casual MMO game rather than those fantasy or sci-fi MMOs. Why? Simply because who would want to live in a world where there are lots of monsters who will not even think twice of killing or eating you?

• GerrigGerrig Member Posts: 30

It would be the non-existing MMO world of the Fallout wasteland :)

Like the wasteland around washington from Fallout 3 and the island with the hicks :)

Just hoping it will become a reality soon enough.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

I would pick Star Wars, because they seem to have somehow eliminated the need to go to the bathroom. You never see them go the the bathroom in the movies, and we were told "that stuff was just off-screen". Once I played SWG I called BS on that, because even then, where things would have been off-screen, we didn't see any bathrooms.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

SWG, or since the game was canceled, does that mean all the worlds were blown up?

Middle Earth is nice too :)

SWTOR = no, because the worlds well...suck.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

MMO :    WoW

Zone :    Teldrassil 

Class:    Rogue

Why ?.....Love the music, love the simple life, yet the sexuality.  I would pick a Rogue.  That way I could go into stealth and get some sleep when needed......Do a road trip to Darnassus  now and then for supplies, maybe venture off the island by boat to explore every so often, but would always return.

I actually already lived it....Way back I had to dump a girlfriend, but kept going back to her.  Then I found a video game called vanilla Wow, my first mmo.  I loaded it turned off my lights, ignored my phone and hid for two months.  The pain was bad, but it had to be done.   I know it's avoiding life, but the deepness of Vanilla WoW did it's job.

I could never find any other mmo that could compare to being involved like that again, but thats ok because you have to balance gaming with life anyway.

Vanilla WoW would always have a soft spot in my hart.  If they made Vanilla WoW again, I would try and stay level 1-10 for as long as I can.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Sosaria! I'm about to open a moongate to Skara Brae!

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)