Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im glad people are hating on this game....

ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Because most of them were probably the same fools saying how awesome SWTOR was going to be.....

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Comments

• GandrellGandrell Member Posts: 22

This is just pointless!......

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by ZigZags

Because most of them were probably the same fools saying how awesome SWTOR was going to be.....

I know I didnt. First time I saw the screenshots of SWTOR I thought...no I dont think so something doesnt feel right

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I know I didnt. First time I saw the screenshots of SWTOR I thought...no I dont think so something doesnt feel right

Other then Tera, SWTOR was the most universally negative MMO here on MMORPG.com its not my fault that the overwhelming fanboish attitudes couldnt see the reality, same thing is happening with Tera now and soon to be TESO.  When a game is bad people will let you know.  You just have to thread carefully though all the muck.  [mod edit]

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Hopefully Devs can pick on the general vibe and provide us with something more than just a hollow shell of a game.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

I was one of those people until word about the beta started coming out.

I learned my lesson.  When you have a gut feeling about something, better to get it out in the open now.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Hopefully Devs can pick on the general vibe and provide us with something more than just a hollow shell of a game.

One can hope, I mean we really don't need anymore WoW clones. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls, but I love good mmo's and always hope the new ones coming out will be innovative and stand out, not go with the norm of trying to be a poor copy of WoW for a few months quick bucks.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I know I never said anything about ToR.  Never had any interest in the game to bigin with, so I could care less if it's good or bad.

I'm also not one to really say anything about whether or not a game will be good or bad before I actually play it.

ESO is a game I've wanted to play for many, many years though.  It may actually turn out to be a good game, I have no idea.

I do know I will never, ever, play the p.o.s., or any other game made by zenimax online.  I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything assosiated with zenimax media, including another bethesda game, at this point.  Because when you say you're making a game the fans have always wanted, and then say you're turning that game into a "traditional MMO" that plays like WoW, I know without a doubt you're A: only in it for the money, not the fans, and B: think I'm so stupid that I'd give you my money for nothing more then the words on the box.

I am neither that desperate, nor am I that stupid, and I would tell everyone to not purchase TESO because it's not an ES mmo for the fans.  It's an ES MMO for people who want to play DAoC, with WoW gameplay, and that is not what ES fans ever asked for.

Yes I will nerdrage over this, no I don't care.  I do think that we are all allowed at least that one game that we despice, and this one will be mine.

Once they make ESO wrong, they will never get to do it right.  This is the most significant fact that matters.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Nope, I knew SWTOR was a big pile of turd the minute I laid my eyes on it. Expressed my opinion here over an over and watched the blind tards ride the fanboitrain to la-la-land. Been fun.

There's no way TESO will suck as much as SWTOR. I don't think it's humanly possible to beat SWTOR in fail.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I'm glad when people dislike a game for the right reasons. In this case I think the right reasons are the abandonement of gameplay mechanics and features TES is known for.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

I had my threads locked and issued a warning for saying less but I do agree with what you're saying.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

And another thing....To most of the people saying "Deal breaker" "Not going to spend a dime on this or that" ....Yes you will and so will I lets be honest while being constructively vocal about our desires.

Initially I was excited at the news. Soon after I saw the screen shot, heard no FPS (rumor?) and Hero Engine. All these really bummed me out. So like most of you, I'm worried about ESO future. Do the right thing and go to their official facebook fan page or write the studio directly. We need to make sure they dont muck this up.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I know I never said anything about ToR.  Never had any interest in the game to bigin with, so I could care less if it's good or bad.

I'm also not one to really say anything about whether or not a game will be good or bad before I actually play it.

ESO is a game I've wanted to play for many, many years though.  It may actually turn out to be a good game, I have no idea.

I do know I will never, ever, play the p.o.s., or any other game made by zenimax online.  I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything assosiated with zenimax media, including another bethesda game, at this point.  Because when you say you're making a game the fans have always wanted, and then say you're turning that game into a "traditional MMO" that plays like WoW, I know without a doubt you're A: only in it for the money, not the fans, and B: think I'm so stupid that I'd give you my money for nothing more then the words on the box.

I am neither that desperate, nor am I that stupid, and I would tell everyone to not purchase TESO because it's not an ES mmo for the fans.  It's an ES MMO for people who want to play DAoC, with WoW gameplay, and that is not what ES fans ever asked for.

Yes I will nerdrage over this, no I don't care.  I do think that we are all allowed at least that one game that we despice, and this one will be mine.

Once they make ESO wrong, they will never get to do it right.  This is the most significant fact that matters.

When I sift past the anger, I completely understand what you're saying, and I agree.

When rumors started lurking around about a potential Elder Scrolls MMORPG, I was elated!  With the release of Skyrim, my expectations went through the roof.

When ESO was officially announced, the intial news had me dancing happily in my chair... until I started reading through what ZeniMax actually intended to produce.

Despite some of the talented folks behind the development of this game, it still strays way too far from what I had hoped it would be when it was announced.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by busdriver

Nope, I knew SWTOR was a big pile of turd the minute I laid my eyes on it. Expressed my opinion here over an over and watched the blind tards ride the fanboitrain to la-la-land. Been fun.

There's no way TESO will suck as much as SWTOR. I don't think it's humanly possible to beat SWTOR in fail.

Never under-estimate the greed sucking corporate type who is there to suck the life of anything innovative in the grand pursuit of profit above all else.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

If this game didnt have Elder Scrolls IP it would be praised as next DaoC, ppl would be like ofmg questing is different, 3 faction pvp and other things....

Daggerfall. Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim fanboys seem to hate this game the most, dunno why.. Did they announce that they wont be making singleplayer games anymore that this is last TES title.... ?  NOOO they didnt.

So stop crying, this is MMO set in TES universe will it suck or it will be good remains to be seen, but shut up already with OMG this game is not like Skyrim crap.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

EVERY game gets hated on, so it puts TESO in the basket with every other MMORPG.

Originally posted by Grotar89

If this game didnt have Elder Scrolls IP it would be praised as next DaoC, ppl would be like ofmg questing is different, 3 faction pvp and other things....

Daggerfall. Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim fanboys seem to hate this game the most, dunno why.. Did they announce that they wont be making singleplayer games anymore that this is last TES title.... ?  NOOO they didnt.

So stop crying, this is MMO set in TES universe will it suck or it will be good remains to be seen, but shut up already with OMG this game is not like Skyrim crap.

I'm sorry... what was your point again?

Oh, wait... it IS being sold on the merits of it being an Elder Scrolls title.  Hmm, could be the reason for the animosity, don't you think?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Waaagh waagh wow clone, hero engine so just like swtor, waagh waagh

Learn to think for yourselves sheeple instead of jumping on the latest misinformed bandwagon. We know next to nothing about the game.
  • busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Learn to think for yourselves sheeple instead of jumping on the latest misinformed bandwagon. We know next to nothing about the game.

If you possess the ability to read, you can easily see what kind of game TESO will be, no need for bandwagons. There's plenty of very detailed info, straight from the horses mouth too, so no hearsay.

If you are a retard, then yes, I suppose it can be a challenge to see where this game is heading.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

And another thing....To most of the people saying "Deal breaker" "Not going to spend a dime on this or that" ....Yes you will and so will I lets be honest while being constructively vocal about our desires.Initially I was excited at the news. Soon after I saw the screen shot, heard no FPS (rumor?) and Hero Engine. All these really bummed me out. So like most of you, I'm worried about ESO future. Do the right thing and go to their official facebook fan page or write the studio directly. We need to make sure they dont muck this up.

It's too late to go in a dramatically different direction with the game. They've actually announced the game, which means a good bit of the development is done. For good or ill, the game is largely now what it is going to be when it launches.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I think the main complaint about SW:TOR was that it was WoW in Space. That, other than storylines, they didn't really innovate.

I think the main complain about ESO is that it gave up everything that made it uniquely Elder Scrolls and is now just a WoW Clone set in the Elderscrolls universe.

In other words the same complaints people had going into The Old Republic are the same complaints people are having about The Elder Scrolls. 

If you possess the ability to read, you can easily see what kind of game TESO will be, no need for bandwagons. There's plenty of very detailed info, straight from the horses mouth too, so no hearsay.

If you are a retard, then yes, I suppose it can be a challenge to see where this game is heading.

Pretty much!  All someone would have to do is "Like" the Elder Scrolls Online page on Facebook and they'd have access to numerous links to interviews and early information.

• ChopsticksChopsticks Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by BartDaCat

Pretty much!  All someone would have to do is "Like" the Elder Scrolls Online page on Facebook and they'd have access to numerous links to interviews and early information.

Something tells me there might have been a little sand bagging in that interview. If you can look beyond the hero engine or know that they did better than bioware/ea did with it,  there is some interesting things below the surface. 3 factions Wpvp (Niether TSW or GW2 has that), no quest hubs, and a few other more interesting talking points. 

I'm gonna keep an eye on them.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

I think the main complaint about SW:TOR was that it was WoW in Space. That, other than storylines, they didn't really innovate.

I think the main complain about ESO is that it gave up everything that made it uniquely Elder Scrolls and is now just a WoW Clone set in the Elderscrolls universe.

In other words the same complaints people had going into The Old Republic are the same complaints people are having about The Elder Scrolls. 

YEs but how many times does a person need to say the same thing over and over?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

As many times as it takes for it to sink in with the necessary groups?

Largely meaning publishers/developers.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Deivos

As many times as it takes for it to sink in with the necessary groups?

Largely meaning publishers/developers.

It's no secret at this point...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

This discussion has been closed.