Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New website released!

DaveBelcherDaveBelcher Member Posts: 40

We have overhauled our website, and added a LOAD of information about the game. Make sure you check it out!

http://www.embersofcaerus.com

Cheers :)

Comments

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Nice work. I like the overview description on the website. I've been burnt out on fantasy games for a while. But, this might re-kindle my interest.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• DaveBelcherDaveBelcher Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by s1fu71

Nice work. I like the overview description on the website. I've been burnt out on fantasy games for a while. But, this might re-kindle my interest.

I'm glad you liked the overview.

You should, if you have time (it is quite lengthy), have a read over the Vision post: http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/237-The-Vision

That goes into more depth about what we are trying to achieve.

Cheers,

Dave

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by s1fu71

Yeah I have been playing sci-fi lately and I am so ready for a nice low-fantasy game. Too bad it is so far out, eh?

• SulaSula Member Posts: 17

Meh, what's 3-4 years? It's not THAT much different from having to wait a year or two for your average MMORPG. As long as it doesn't end up being 6-8 years...

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by Sula

. . . As long as it doesn't end up being 6-8 years...

*ahem* Darkfall

*ahem* Diablo 3

You...you just gave me nightmares...during the day.

I am completely unsure what to do with these damn flaming horses in my house.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

first thing i saw was a huge donate button.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Well I will wait and see what happens further down the road since it is slatted for 2016. Long ways to go. I am intersted in the game however.

Originally posted by Istavaan

I'm sorry, but if that was the first thing you saw, you went there looking for it.

Edit: I would also like to add that the entire donation system was put in place by request of followers, not because they came begging to people.

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175

You sir, are welcome in our community! We lack idiots.

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193
    Originally posted by Thradok

I'm sorry, but if that was the first thing you saw, you went there looking for it.

Edit: I would also like to add that the entire donation system was put in place by request of followers, not because they came begging to people.

Because of this, I went there looking for the donate button.  It took me 30 mins! D:  Or more!  I didn't keep good track of the time...  I just got lost in reading everything.  Now I gotta donate, then go back to finish going over everything else! :D

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by futnatus

Because of this, I went there looking for the donate button.  It took me 30 mins! D:  Or more!  I didn't keep good track of the time...  I just got lost in reading everything.  Now I gotta donate, then go back to finish going over everything else! :D

now thats the spirit!

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412

I never knew there was a donate button until today . . . like a month after I found this game.  lol

Now as for your claims . . . .

huge/(h)yo?oj/

Adjective:
    Extremely large; enormous.

The donate buttone is 147px × 47px.

It is huge . . . and the world is flat . . .

• SulaSula Member Posts: 17

I was gonna state in his defense that maybe he visited the site before the new website was released, back when the donate button was easier to find (I too had to go look for it now) but then I noticed the name of this thread...

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

good stuff...

Altho not so many vids yet.. ( guess still in development fase)

What i can tell you.. as being a long time vet of darkfall online..

If you make this game the correct way.. the whole playerbase incl. ex subbed players of darkfall will come to you..

As there are not many games out there for us..

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

personally favor donate over buy to see/play beta/etc. My opinion.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by ElderRat

personally favor donate over buy to see/play beta/etc. My opinion.

I personally dont mind buying a game to play beta if I have seen enough of the game to know I will like it,which GW2 did for me.As far as donating goes I would need to see more of the actual game itself to know it would interest me not just a laundry list of features that might or might not end up in the final product for whatever reason or unforeseen complications.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

first thing I saw was first person only, full loot no rules pvp

I left

• SizzzSizzz Member Posts: 61

This game has pipped AA off the top spot for my most anticipated game, only wish it was releasing sooner

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

First Person only in an MMO? If anything Mortal Online proved that First-Person does NOT make a good full-loot pvp game. 

I get the need to remove the ability to look around corners in third person, but that can be fixed with a visibility system similar to World of Tank's visibility system. Only on a larger scale (ie: you can't see things around a corner your 3rd person camera can see but your character could never see....even with eyes in the back of his/her head).

If Forced First-Person will stay I'll have to avoid this product, and i'm an avid PvP, SWG, UO, Shadowbane, DAOC fan.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• DaveBelcherDaveBelcher Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

first thing I saw was first person only, full loot no rules pvp

I left

Where does it say no rules?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

First Person only in an MMO? If anything Mortal Online proved that First-Person does NOT make a good full-loot pvp game. 

I get the need to remove the ability to look around corners in third person, but that can be fixed with a visibility system similar to World of Tank's visibility system. Only on a larger scale (ie: you can't see things around a corner your 3rd person camera can see but your character could never see....even with eyes in the back of his/her head).

If Forced First-Person will stay I'll have to avoid this product, and i'm an avid PvP, SWG, UO, Shadowbane, DAOC fan.

Also miss the ability to see the nice armour etc on you when its first person only.

Every time someone gets scared of full loot or says fpv doesn't work...I want to shake them and yell "Read, you fool! Do research! Take the time to actually learn about the system!" Just because other games did it poorly, that is not a reason to automatically dislike a feature. That goes for everything. Look at things in context for once.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Every time someone gets scared of full loot or says fpv doesn't work...I want to shake them and yell "Read, you fool! Do research! Take the time to actually learn about the system!" Just because other games did it poorly, that is not a reason to automatically dislike a feature. That goes for everything. Look at things in context for once.

Agreed. The problem with so many of those other systems was they did not do it right.

I used to hate first person view, until I played Oblivion. It just felt "right" and it worked. Same can be said about full loot & pvp, it seems unnerving and troublesome, let's wait and see. Someone one day will do it right, and we will look back at older pvp/full loot systems and ask ourselves what were they thinking.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Do you have any links to good design docs how to make full loot pvp good?