Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Mmo´s

Hey guys, i wanna know wich mmo you guys think is the best. Because you can´t always trust the "Game list"

Plz no spam

Graphics:Gtx 560
memory:8gb
processor: intel core i5 3,3ghz
Hdd: 1tb

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This is a hard question to answer and always comes down to a players preference.

I myself would say League of Legends and Rift :)

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

"Best" MMO is tough, its all by choice. I prefer a good PvP game, but not true "open-world" PvP. I still sub to DAoC, believe it or not the game is still kicking, and tons of new characters are being created every day, i just made a new toon and got in a full group immediately, seems to be picking up a little population after Twitchtv and it got posted here on MMORPG. While i will say the PvP is the best i've played, the PvE is kind of bland. If you are a heavy focuser on PvE this game isn't for you, if you E-sport, it isn't for you.

For me, i play GW when i want that PvE aspect. Surprisingly i find a lot of the 5 year and older games to be better games, while their graphics aren't great, the level of input to these games is much more noticable, and that goes a very long ways for me personally. I feel like the newer games don't really bring new to the table, or even much change other then aesthetics. While it nice to have a shiny new game, i lose intrest fast, whether it be mirrored classes, same dull quest hub, or just another e-sport centric game.

So "Best" i won't comment on, but my all time favorite MMO is DAoC. Its a lot deeper of a game than just 3 sided faction, and its got some awesome fights.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Guild Wars 2.   Since I played in the BWE and stress test all other MMOs seem shallow, clunky, ugly and sterile.  I uninstalled Rift, SWTOR, STO, EQ2 and DCUO.   I still have Aion but it mocks me with its similar art sytle....    And LOTRO, but I look at the gear grind on all those 75s in my account and I gently weap, like my guitar...

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The way I see it, any of these are worthy of at least honorable mention on a "Best MMOs" list.

WoW, Rift, GuildWars 1, Runes of Magic, Age of Conan, Aion, LOTRO, DDO, Aika, Shaiya, Allods, Ryzom, Vindictus.

Two I don't have a solid opinion on are TERA and SWTOR.  I'm thinking TERA might be the new Aion.  I'm thinking SWTOR is Warhammer Online II.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by Gorwe

F2P: Guild Wars(yes, yes...) or Aion(it really struck me as odd when it went F2P lol) and PoE(better than D III imo).

Guild wars is B2P

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

HelloKitty Online hands down.

Nah, it really will be dependent on your play style and preferences.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Easily to me it's Guild Wars 2. After actually playing in the beta I've lost the will to play any other MMO. Just can't go back to those tired, outdated formulae.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Guild Wars 2 hands down, from what I've played (admittedly not much).  As for what's already out, WoW has an extremely varied list of content for someone just starting out, and Rift is ok, though WoW does the style better.  I think Archeage is one to watch for as well.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Currently available - eve
    Worth a look - perpetuum, rift
    Looking good with awesome betas - gw2 & tsw
  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

in their current states I would say its probably EQ2 followed by LOTRO, Rift, then WoW.  EQ1 deserves a mention too because its still a great game, but impossible for new people to really get into.  

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

For me:

Eve: for it's depth and open choices for skills and professions

DCUO: for it's combat

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

The best game is EVE if you are hardcore, GW2 if you are casual.  EVE has open FFA PVP and the players create and control the game more so than any other mmorpg.  Everything has meaning in EVE.  EVE also takes a lot of time to really enjoy it though, if you are more casual GW2 has done away with boring kill ten rats and has balanced pvp that doesn't require a bunch of PVE before getting involved. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

For me the greatest MMORPG ever made is Everquest 2.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by wilhelmblom

Hey guys, i wanna know wich mmo you guys think is the best. Because you can´t always trust the "Game list"

Plz no spam

World of Warcraft

• telexxtelexx Member Posts: 26

Best MMO, in my opinion, is Guild Wars 2. Best I ever played was the original SWG, for it's time, in 2003. I currently play Atlantica Online, but the item mall is a necessity to compete most of the time.

I tried TSW, Tera, Gods Rome Rising, C9 etc.. but nothing compares to GW2.

I can only advise to get in as many open and closed betas as you possibly can. That's the only way to really tell because it's all subjective.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

The best game is EVE if you are hardcore, GW2 if you are casual.  EVE has open FFA PVP and the players create and control the game more so than any other mmorpg.  Everything has meaning in EVE.  EVE also takes a lot of time to really enjoy it though, if you are more casual GW2 has done away with boring kill ten rats and has balanced pvp that doesn't require a bunch of PVE before getting involved. 

I second the vote on EVE, I play games to have in depth logistical challenges to beat and Eve has more than the next 10 best MMOs combined.

Haven't tried GW2, but might give it a spin given what I've been hearing.

Where's the any key?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I personally think that any big-name developer isn't making games for the sake of art/love anymore, and you can actually *taste* it in their games.

Thusly, the best ones I have played in the last 8 or so years have all been indie;

Wurm Online, Ryzom, MO and Face of Mankind were all really great experiences... but like most people, no game can have me play for years at a time anymore. They are lucky if I survive a 3-month stint, but I usually always come back.

~EVE is nice too, but like MO, it's community deserves chemical castration. I have an easier time playing a game with a lack of players than one with complete shitheads around every corner.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

I second the vote on EVE, I play games to have in depth logistical challenges to beat and Eve has more than the next 10 best MMOs combined.

Haven't tried GW2, but might give it a spin given what I've been hearing.

Even though i can never manage to get into it, add another one for eve as 'best' available.

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

WoW is a solid good quality product with lots to do and enjoy.

GW2 is looking very good also.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Eve online is hands down the best.

I enjoy TOR for its story, and its a good game, but EVE is still the best i ever played.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Everquest holds a place in my heart for having a hude world that took hours to travel, broad open alignments/factions that could change depending on your actions, and night where you actually needed a lgiht source (yes, that actually meant something). Oh, and quests that did not tell you every step.

WoW has a great deal of polish and content. It deserves its place as the current king of MMOs, though there are many featuers and design decisions I no longer agree with.

CoH, pre a lot of teh crazy nerfs, was fun because you FELT like a superhero. I't's just not the same anymore.

EVE is possibly the only true sandbox really keeping the numbers up.

GW2 is just..FUN. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Best once upon a time were M59, EQ, AC, UO and DaoC. Meridian 59 really had all the basics of 99% of all MMOs set from the start so I think it was the best ever. 

Right now and soon in the future it is GW2.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Going to go with EVE also. While I have had a hard time getting into it, usually do 2-3 months at a time then break, it's a great game and still holds up really well in 2012 (It has aged amazingly imho).

If you want something more on rails, going to hand that one to LotRO or Rift.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by wilhelmblom

Plz no spam

Best depht, crafting and mechanix:

Anarchy Online

Best PvP Combat System:

Age of Conan

Best PvP System Content:

Eve

Best Quests:

For me all quests are shyte, im not into them that mutch.

Over that there are different types, dailies and whatnot.

My favorit typ of quest is the one, you ran into while playing / exploring.

Best ingame chat system:

Anarchy Online again

Best Grafix:

Age of Conan, long time nothing, then there is a couple, as even the WoW grafix are not too bad, but the epic second in this category is: Entropia Universe

I have not included some very popular titles like Rift or Tera, TSW or some other not released or what i dont know so far.

Is there really a game with a better chatsystem out, then AO ?

Is there any deeper story then AO ?

Lets hope they make it with the engine overhaul ^^

• KushmasterKushmaster Member Posts: 47

IMO (in no particular order):

EVE Online

Vanilla WoW

EQ

Pre-NGE SWG

DAoC

Possibly some others I cannot remember off the top of my head. As for MMOs still in development, GW2 is looking fantastic, if that qualifies for a true MMORPG. ArcheAge also seems to be very promising, and hopefully it delivers.