Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Guild System: Acronyms?

WellzyCWellzyC Stillwater, MNPosts: 557Member Uncommon
 
After playing the BWE, I learned a lot about the guild system, and I totally love it! You can use your influence to tweak your guild to what kind of guild it is. You can buy attributes to focus on PvP, Pve, Crafting, what ever kind of guild you are. You can also join multiple guilds which I think is a really great Idea, especially if you have a smaller IRL guild that you usually roll with. You can be apart of that but also join a more Hardcore guild if you chose.
 
BUT... yes there's always a but with most topics.
 
 
The acronyms are really cramping my style. Anyone else really turned off by this? DoL EpD  DW  AWW  ZXA.. That’s all you see. Also if you have a 1 word guild name, like Ceaseless, how are you supposed to acronym this? CEASE? CE? CEA?
 
 
What’s with the acronyms anyway? Why wouldn’t they just have your guild name displayed like normal? Please tell me I’m not the only one who hates this.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...


www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

  • bookworm438bookworm438 Detroit, MIPosts: 647Member

    They aren't acronyms, though you can use them as an acronyms. They are guild tags, unique to your guild. When you create a guild, you will also create a tag for their guild. It makes it easier to identify what guild you are in.

    If you are familiar with GW1, they use the same system. All guilds have a guild tag, which is displayed at the end of your name. I'm still hoping they bring back guild capes. 

  • KalferKalfer HappylandPosts: 779Member
    Originally posted by WellzyC
     
    After playing the BWE, I learned a lot about the guild system, and I totally love it! You can use your influence to tweak your guild to what kind of guild it is. You can buy attributes to focus on PvP, Pve, Crafting, what ever kind of guild you are. You can also join multiple guilds which I think is a really great Idea, especially if you have a smaller IRL guild that you usually roll with. You can be apart of that but also join a more Hardcore guild if you chose.
     
    BUT... yes there's always a but with most topics.
     
     
    The acronyms are really cramping my style. Anyone else really turned off by this? DoL EpD  DW  AWW  ZXA.. That’s all you see. Also if you have a 1 word guild name, like Ceaseless, how are you supposed to acronym this? CEASE? CE? CEA?
     
     
    What’s with the acronyms anyway? Why wouldn’t they just have your guild name displayed like normal? Please tell me I’m not the only one who hates this.

    Maybe it's reduce the visual clutter? if your seeing 30-50 characters in front of you, it takes up enough space showing their names on top of their character models. it would be more than twice that to also display  their guild names. You basically just click on a player and can see what guild he is in though. 

  • WellzyCWellzyC Stillwater, MNPosts: 557Member Uncommon

    Guess it annoys me more than most. I have seen   Wellzy with <Ceaseless>  under my name for more than 6 years. Guess it just sucks to now see Wellzy <CS>  or what ever it would be.

                                                                                                  

    The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

    The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...


    www.CeaselessGuild.com

  • MercAngelMercAngel odenton, MDPosts: 204Member

    the guld tags GW1 are also use for large guilds so you may have a guild with more the 100 members so they just make another guild and use the same guild tag this worked in GW1 not sure if it works in GW2

    image

  • KalferKalfer HappylandPosts: 779Member
    Originally posted by WellzyC

    Guess it annoys me more than most. I have seen   Wellzy with   under my name for more than 6 years. Guess it just sucks to now see Wellzy   or what ever it would be.

                                                                                                  

    That's a fair argument.

     

     

    I would love to be able to drop a big Guild Banner in the middle of the world, with emblem, logo and colors and everything. Just right there on the battlefield. Guild Wars style tag - like BOOM! That's whats up:)

  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Lafayette, LAPosts: 863Member


    Originally posted by bookworm438
    They aren't acronyms, though you can use them as an acronyms. They are guild tags, unique to your guild.

    The tags aren't actually unique to the guild, which makes it pretty easy to imitate large guilds, unfortunately. They said it was impractical to make everyone have a unique tag because it would get to a point where no one can create a guild and have any sort of meaningful tag, which makes sense.

    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Sign In or Register to comment.