Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Weekend 2, 10,000 Beta Key Giveaway

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Hi Folks, 

I wanted to get into the 2nd beta for TSW as I am still somewhat on the fence even after the 1st beta.

All the sites I found were for "competitions" and if you win you get a key, which annoyed me........EXCEPT THIS ONE:

gamesaktuell.de

Its a German site, so unsurprisingly its in German, but just google translate it and click on the button and they instantly send you a key for the upcoming beta weekend, and they have(had) 10,000 of them.....none of this silly competition malarkey, or having to sign up to a sites premium service just to get a key.

Thought I would share the wealth. Enjoy!

Edit: These codes are only valid for this beta weekend 18th May --> 20th May. The codes from last weekend wont work this weekend which is why you need a new key

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99

Legit as far as i can tell.. Did it and got an email.. in german saying 

Hallo ,

herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert!

Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.

Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key

Hallo ,

herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert!

Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World.

Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Viele Grüße,
    Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Computec Media AG
    Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
    Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch
    Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
    Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276 

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

Just used my key - Thank you very much for showing me this =D

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

For the lazy (that don't want to go trough google translate), you must click where it says "Hier klicken für einen Key zur Beta von The Secret World" (in bold between the last paragraph and the picture).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by stragen001
    Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.From: GamesAktuell.de [mailto:[email protected]]  Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48 To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key   Hallo , herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert! Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World. Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Viele Grüße, Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computec Media AG Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818) Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276  

Does anything on your account page change upon entering the Beta Key? It didn't in my case, though I already played in the previous event.

Originally posted by Alot

Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.

Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48 To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key   Hallo , herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert! Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World. Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Viele Grüße, Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computec Media AG Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818) Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276  

Does anything on your account page change upon entering the Beta Key? It didn't in my case, though I already played in the previous event.

When I entered the code for the 1st beta weekend, my account type changed to "normal". When I entered the code for this weekend, I went through the whole sign up process again, accepting the NDA etc, but nothing changed on my account page, it still says normal.

I know it has accepted the code though because I entered it again, and i got told its no longer valid

Originally posted by Alot   Originally posted by stragen001 Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.   From: GamesAktuell.de [mailto:[email protected]]   Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48 To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key   Hallo , herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert! Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World. Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Viele Grüße, Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computec Media AG Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818) Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276  

I know it has accepted the code though because I entered it again, and i got told its no longer valid

Doesn't do that for me...

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I appreciate it.

• CallinCallin Member Posts: 99

put in the code and registered. downloading and updating as i type.

Originally posted by stragen001 Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.   From: GamesAktuell.de [mailto:[email protected]]   Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48 To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key   Hallo , herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert! Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World. Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Viele Grüße, Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computec Media AG Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818) Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276  

Once you have applied the key (bear in mind there are about 3 screens you have to go through and accept the NDA etc before its applied), if you put that same key in the "Key Registration" box on the left side of your account page again, its says:

Information

No offer found for given key

Check that you have typed it correctly

Please contact Customer Support for further assistance

Bumping, so everyone who wants a key can get one

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

Thank you op for letting us know.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I was hoping for another GW2 beta weekend, but this will do. Thank you!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Works for me, so thanks OP for the link I love to try out errr! test beta games. image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Thanks OP! Works!

Your awesome

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Is TSW both EU/NA as far as publishers and clinet go?

Or is this going to be one of those situation where all the americans who download this are going to be IP blocked..or at a minimum have to redownload the NA client later on.

This is just the kind of "fiasco" people are going to be expecting so its best to make sure your good if you download from a german site.

Originally posted by Crunchy221 Is TSW both EU/NA as far as publishers and clinet go? Or is this going to be one of those situation where all the americans who download this are going to be IP blocked..or at a minimum have to redownload the NA client later on. This is just the kind of "fiasco" people are going to be expecting so its best to make sure your good if you download from a german site.

Actually, I dont know, but I have not seen any mention at all of separate NA / EU clients etc.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

grabbed a key, thanks for the heads up Stragen :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Got a key. Thanks for sharing, Stragen. Very much appreciated.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Alot   Originally posted by stragen001 Originally posted by Alot   Originally posted by stragen001 Yep, its all good, the email I got is below. I put the key into my TSW account before making the post and it was accepted and took me through the same beta sign up process as it did with the gamepot code from last week.   From: GamesAktuell.de [mailto:[email protected]]   Sent: 17 May 2012 19:48 To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: The Secret World: Dein Beta-Key   Hallo , herzlichen Glückwunsch, Du hast einen Beta-Key für The Secret World ergattert! Beachte bitte, dass wir keinen Support für das Spiel leisten können - wende Dich bei Fragen bitte an das Team von The Secret World. Dein Beta-Key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Viele Grüße, Dein Team von gamesaktuell.de ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computec Media AG Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818) Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender), Rainer Rosenbusch Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276  
    Once you have applied the key (bear in mind there are about 3 screens you have to go through and accept the NDA etc before its applied), if you put that same key in the "Key Registration" box on the left side of your account page again, its says:

Information No offer found for given key Check that you have typed it correctlyPlease contact Customer Support for further assistance

Thank you, it works now.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

Yep it works. I got the key, registered on my accout at the secrod world website without any problems. 

Bumping so everyone who wants a key can get one.

(Mods, if you want me to stop bumping, let me know)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Got mine, it works just fine.  Thanks for the info.

Bumping again to share the weath.

Beta has started! Grab your key to play now :)

(Mods, just tell me if you want me to stop bumping)